Search results

1. eljr

California Proposes to Force Manufacturers to Restrict Vehicle Top Speed to 10 MPH Over Limit.

Nothing was loaded. It was detailed for clarity. And if you had made your post very clear I would not have needed clarification.
  2. eljr

California Proposes to Force Manufacturers to Restrict Vehicle Top Speed to 10 MPH Over Limit.

I did no such thing and I resent that you inferior that I did. I asked a question for clarification of your position.
  3. eljr

Hi from Bkln NY

Welcome! I lived in Cobble Hill for years. THen the hipsters moved in and I got the hell out.
  4. eljr

If a law is passed with good intent backed by fact it will more often than not be of benefit. To site that exceptions invalidate the rule is a logical fallacy.
  5. eljr

The discussion is about placing governors on cars that will not allow someone to exceed 10mph over the speed limit. It is not about personal practices and you do not state why you ask this.
  6. eljr

Honest, I don't crawl down these rabbit holes for things that are common knowledge. When a poster requires citation for such it's pointless. They will simply reject anything provided.
  7. eljr

Enjoy! Just obey the rules of the road is all I request.
  8. eljr

Wait, are you supporting disregarding traffic and speed laws as they exist if you don't like them? My vehicle does this. So now all you need is an automatic governor.
  9. eljr

Laws are brought forth for the greater good. People cheating on them are responsible for any mishap that occurs when they don't respect them. Knowing this makes most people respect the laws which make us all safer.
  10. eljr

Opinion is acceptable in the absence of fact, not in conflict with it. Peace
  11. eljr

Yes, few people even know all the things that they do are wrong on the road.
  12. eljr

Right turn on red is not what I am speaking to. I am talking about crossing the solid line to ride the shoulder to not wait for the light to change . And no, higher speed is not safer.
  13. eljr

True but to submit this as a reason to allow speeding when passing is a logical fallacy. More than one fallacy in fact.
  14. eljr

If you are passing responsible you don't need extra speed. If you screw up, do what you should do anyway, break and fall back behind the car you had intened to pass. People that increase speed because they have not left enough room to pass are the problem. Don't pass on a curb, don't pass in...
  15. eljr

Of course they would. People obey few traffic rules and don't even know what the rules are. I love the people that cross the solid line at a red traffic light to make a right hand turn.
  16. eljr

Why would you be? You would have put yourself in that position for no good reason.
  17. eljr

Facts. The faster you go, the greater the possibility of mishap, this is fact. Also I was brought up to respect the law so I do.
  18. eljr

a few things to consider what is the speed limit and how fast is the car in front of you going? If the speed limit is 55 you have no need of passing at all. If the speed limit is 65 you will be fine, you don't need to go faster than 65 to pass. if the speed limit is 60, make sure it a straight...
  19. eljr

A complete stop is 0 mph by definition. I never spoke to a time limit one must be at zero.
  20. eljr

how so? Seems to me this would limit them as now people pass so quickly it is incredibly dangerous.
  21. eljr

I don't know if 10 is the right number but this is a very good idea IMHO.
Back
Top Bottom