Search results

1. eljr

A Grammy Salute to 50 Years of Hip Hop

How time flies. Anyone watching the show now? Really well done. Great music. I must say, I am not very familiar but it's hard not to recognize it's excellence.
  2. eljr

2023 Christmas Music Thread

Yes, it's way early to be thinking about the Christmas season but great music is great music and it is after labor day that new Christmas music starts coming out. I was looking for some music from Isabelle Faust and was torn between her Brandenburg Concertos and this one, Christmas with Bach...
  3. eljr

What causes audio volume to lower and restore

I started to notice yesterday that when listening to my system the volume lowers. It then restores after a short bit. Today it is doing this again, more so. What is it that can cause this?
  4. eljr

2022 Christmas Playlist

Bach, J S: Christmas Oratorio, BWV248 Mary Bevan (soprano), Clare Wilkinson (alto), Nicholas Mulroy (tenor), Matthew Brook (bass) - Cantatas 1, 3, 6), Joanne Lunn (soprano), Ciara Hendrick (mezzo), Thomas Hobbs (tenor), Konstantin Wolff (bass) - Cantatas 2, 4, 5. Dunedin Consort, John Butt It...
  5. eljr

2021 Christmas music playlist!

Welcome! Another year... Gordon, R I: The House without a Christmas Tree Houston Grand Opera, Bradley Moore Release Date: 21st Sep 2018 Catalogue No: PTC5186697 Label: Pentatone Series: American Operas Length: 73 minutes Merry Christmas to all!
  6. eljr

Sloppy Jane

Anyone? Not familiar, stream, Where's My Wife.
  7. eljr

Anyone watching the 2021 MTV Video Music Awards?

The biggest stars in music, as usual are assembled. Great staging, excellent sound. If you are not watching, did you in the past? If so, why no longer watching?
  8. eljr

General Covid-19 thread

This thread is here to cover COVID in general. What is the latest news around the world, what is the infection rate in your area, what is your personal challenge in reference to COVID... No conspiracy theories or anti science speculation. This is an intensely interesting topic which impacts...
  9. eljr

Suggestions... Dac/preamp/streamer

Streamers can be very finicky so I am looking for a hard connection in addition to built in Wifi or just a USB hard connection. Looks like I have to buy a streamer or Dac that accepts a stream via USB from a laptop. My HA1 from OPPO died and my Yamaha WXC-50 refuses to correct to the network...
  10. eljr

2020 Christmas music playlist!

I have been listening to Christmas music for a couple weeks now. Not a lot but here and there. I love Christmas music. I have not started a thread here since last year's Christmas thread... time to start one!!!!!!! This morning: Handel: Messiah Erin Wall (soprano), Elizabeth DeShong...
  11. eljr

2019 Christmas music playlist!

My first spin of the season: I was inspired by hearing a Christmas song in Macy's today.
  12. eljr

2018, I bought so much music!

You did? I thought everyone streamed? If you still buy music albums, how many did you buy this year? How many 2018 releases did you buy this year? If you just stream, please post that, thanks!
  13. eljr

A walkie talkie that works on WIFI????

I like to call my grandson and talk to him. he is only 3 so I have to call his mom or grandma. I'd like to get him a phone I can call him on but not a cell phone that others can call. A simple walkie talkie would work great but he lives too many miles away. Do they make then with WIFI...
  14. eljr

2018 What Christmas Music Are You Listening to thread?

Every year in September I start buying my new Christmas music. I started receiving it a few weeks ago. I thought it was just too early to listen to yet but it's been driving me crazy so I had to open one and spin it. Last year I started this thread 3 weeks sooner so I did better this year...
  15. eljr

Rock Music, what could have been...

I was listening to the Grateful Dead a year ago or so and thought how awesome the music would have been with better vocals. Particularly if Donna Godchaux could have been replaced with a truly gifted, professional singer, like Renee Fleming. Today it struck me, as I listened to classical...
  16. eljr

Do you pay first?

I need some guidance. I have never bought on line from an individual. How does the process generally go? How and when do I make payment, how do I protect myself from a rip off?
  17. eljr

Who buys vinyl?

I ran across a story that rather surprised me. "An ICM poll in April revealed that almost 50% of people who bought a vinyl album the previous month had yet to listen to it. The poll also found that 41% have a turntable they never use, while 7% of those who purchase vinyl don’t own a record...
  18. eljr

Flac or .Wav

With the Long Overdo Death of the CD upon us and not wanting to simply stream, is it best to buy .Wav or Flac? If I understand correctly these formats are identical in the information they hold but do it in a slightly different manner. As a result Flac is a slightly smaller file but not...
  19. eljr

What about TV antennas?

It's been nearly 40 years since I have used a TV antenna but I just got a second place down south and am within city limits so I figured since I watch little TV I'd just go with over the air TV. What is it I need to know? How do i hook it up. I want to keep it simple, not put something...
  20. eljr

subgenres of Pop/Rock, I think we have enough...

[paste:font size="5"]Pop/Rock subgenres and styles Alternative / Indie Rock Adult Alternative Pop / Rock Alternative Country-Rock Alternative Dance Alternative Pop / Rock Ambient Pop American Underground British Trad Rock Britpop C-86 Chamber Pop Cocktail Cold Wave College Rock Cowpunk Darkwave...
  21. eljr

2018 New Release spins

If you are looking for new music, this is your thread. All genres welcome, wanted and needed. If you'd like to leave your rating or impressions, that's great! Here are the last couple years new release threads: 2017 New Releases 2016 New Releases 2015 New Releases Enjoy the year all.
  22. eljr

How long are LP's?

I was speaking with someone and they suggested that a typical LP is 30 minutes per side. As I recall, from when I listened to LP's they were much shorter. Typically 16 minutes a side. So for my own edification I randomly looked up 5 LP's that we all own. Flowers, Rolling Stones 36:26 A Hard...
  23. eljr

Time Fades Away

It's so true. I waited decades for Time Fades Away to be reissue on CD. Longed for it to be released with state of the art mastering. Well, two months back we finally got it, as part of Neil's "you have to buy 4 discs to get Times Fades Away" release, know as "Official Release Series, Discs...
  24. eljr

Spotify, how can you clear the queue?

Spotify, how can you clear the queue?
  25. eljr

The streaming service/services I use and why.

A few months ago I terminated my Tidal streaming service. I was very unhappy with their selection of new releases in the classical genre. Plus, I did not like that service was so POP centrist. Every time I logged in I felt like I was logging into a tabloid newspaper's home page. So after much...
Back
Top Bottom