Search results

1. B

Altec 303a AM/FM/Phono 1956

I recently found this Altec 303a on a pallet of "stuff" at an auction. Cosmetically pretty good except the knobs. Fired it up on my variac and all the tubes and bulbs lit up, but no sound. Does anyone have a schematic for this? Thanks
  2. B

Revox PR99 MK3 help

I went to an estate auction Saturday and bought a Revox PR99 MK3 Reel to reel in very nice condition. Needs some minor work. This is my first Revox and being a newbie, I need some advise. 1. How are the control knobs attached? I don't see any set screws and gently prying hasn't budged them. I...
  3. B

Help locating source for Caps for SX-1250

Restoring an SX-1250 I got at an estate auction. Looking to re-cap it, but needing recommendations for a source/brand name of caps to use. Any help would be appreciated
  4. B

Avant Garde model 450

Is anyone familiar with this speaker. There is only one of them. I found it locally and can't find anything on line. I have not bought it yet and do not have access to check the speaker cones. Any help would be appreciated.
  5. B

Bogen RP40 restoration parts

I picked up a 1960-61 Bogen RP40 this week. Paid $21 for a big box of old electronics. It was in the bottom and dusty but not beat up. Cleaned it up a little and plugged it in. Sounds great! Tried several speakers. JBL L100, The Advent Loudspeaker, Pioneer CS-99a. Cleaned the pots and am looking...
  6. B

Jensen Model 50

Got a line on a pair of Jensen Model 50's thru a friend. The cases are a little rough, but hard to tell from the pix. Not sure if it is vinyl or veneer. I can handle the cases either way. No grill off pix. I can't find much info on these. Are they worth a 2 hour drive & $50? Thanks for any...
  7. B

NAD amps

I just picked up some NAD gear at a farm auction (go figure). My first experience with NAD. I got the following for a total of $30. Nobody there knew what they were. 2100 power amp 2700 THX 906 A/V processor 910 amp Just starting to tinker with these, anyone have thoughts or experience...
  8. B

Earth Sound PA Speakers

Found a pair of Earth Sound PA Speakers for sale at a flea market. Not able to find much about them. 60" tall w/4 10" woofers. Anyone have any info on these? Not sure how much I should offer. They work and appear to be in pretty good shape overall, but I am not able to test them with a decent...
  9. B

Heip identify Polk Audio Speakers

Hi everyone, I picked up a pair of Polk Audio bookshelf speakers (14"h x 8-1/2"w x 6-3/4"d) in good condition. Paid $15 at an estate sale. Can anyone identify the model #? I googled "polk audio images" but could not find a match. Any help would be appreciated. Boxdoc
  10. B

Thoughts on Thiel CS6

Just picked up a pair of Thiel CS6 speakers in very good condition. Not familiar with this level of speakers. Any caveats re: cables, power requirements etc. Thanks for any comments
  11. B

Thiel CS6 Speakers

I picked up a pair of Thiel CS6 speakers in very good condition. Got the original factory packing crates also. Not sure of current value. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
  12. B

Gibson Guitar Amp

Picked up a Gibson GR15 RTV for $20 at a rummage sale. It sounds really good and clean, but the speaker (10") was replaced at some time. I would like to go back the the original speaker. Anyone have a lead on where to look? It appears Gibson used several types of speakers. Any leads would be...
  13. B

Utah hs12ax

Found a pair of HTAH hs12ax in fair-good condition for $7. Not familiar with this brand. Are the worth a re-foam?
  14. B

speaker re-foam virgin

I am getting ready to try my first re-foam on a pair of Cerwin-Vega D1's I picked up at a rummage sale for $2.00. I figured this would be a good first try, so if screw it up I'm not out much money. I am looking for recommendations on where to order foam. Lots of sites offer them, but like a lot...
  15. B

Marantz cd825 vs Cerwin Vega dx5

I am new here. Hope to get some thoughts. I have an opportunity to pick up a pair of Marantz CD825 speakers in good condition. Also found a pair of Cerwin Vega DX5's. Any thoughts on relative sound quality or value would be welcome
  16. B

Hi from Michigan

New to this forum and upper level audio. I bought a pallet of vintage audio stuff at an auction and that got me interested. I survived the late 60's (what I can remember) & the Army in 70-74. Always liked music, but I don't have a "Golden Ear". Actually after the Army I am lucky to have an ear...
Back
Top Bottom