Search results

1. K

Denon GR-555: leave or replace main filter caps?

Hi! I will be doing a recap and some basic maintenance on my Denon GR-555. Bought it recently from the first owner in original condition and everything is working fine (except the relay which needs to be replaced or cleaned). Would you recommend to install new main filter caps (original Elnas...
  2. K

Bias (idling current) Denon GR-555

Hi, could someone please confirm that my method of measuring the idling current in my Denon GR-555 is correct? I am using one probe at the outward end (towards the 4 pin connector) of R15 and the other at R16. These seem to connect with the emitters of TR7 and TR8. The value was quite high...
  3. K

Experience with alternatives to UKL for signal?

Hi! Has somebody achieved good (or better sounding) results with alternative quality electrolytics to the standard Nichicon UKL series in signal coupling? I am asking referring to actual experience. Talking about values higher than 4.7mF. Possible types could be: - Nichicon UFG - Nichicon...
  4. K

CR-800 main filter caps

Hi! I am about to complete the recap of my CR-800. The original main filter cap size is 6800 / 50V. Can I safely replace them in this specific amp with 10000 / 63V or it will put too much stress on transformer or rectifier? I am fully aware that increasing values can be done in some amps and...
  5. K

Vishay Tantalex 150D signal path

Hi! Has anybody ever tried the Vishay 150D tantalum caps for signal path applications? My Yamaha CR-800 uses tantals in the phono signal path (10mf, 4.7mf and 1 mf) and these look like very high quality with a ESR of 0. Would film caps (such as WIMA MKS/MKP or Panasonic ECWF) provide a better...
  6. K

Nichicon UFG caps for power supply?

Hi! Since I am fully aware of the long history of discussions on this topic and I definitely do not want to start a new discussion, I just would like to ask a simple question: Would choosing Nichicon UFG (as opposed to the standards Nichicon UHE/UPW or Panasonic FM/FR/FC) for the power supply...
  7. K

Jbl 104h-2 and 035Ti impedance?

Could someone please provide the nominal impedance data for these two models? I need them for an L-pad calculator. The intention is to recreate 4410 network (using the speakers of a L80T GI) and replace the variable l-pads with fixed two resistors. Thank you. Marc
  8. K

Classic NAD receiver recommendation

Hi! Could someone please tell me about the differences in sound between some of the classic NAD receivers from the eighties? I am considering to buy a 7155, 7400, 7140 or 7175 or...? How do they compare as far as only sound signature is concerned? Are they all the same or did they develop a...
  9. K

Eight driver board issue

Hi! I am requesting advice If it is safe to operate my Sansui Eight (relay version) with an issue in the right channel: -all switches have been cleaned professionally, it has new caps almost everywhere - all phono and preamp transistors have been replaced - the differential pair on the right...
  10. K

Eight cap recommendation

Hi! Just a quick one, and I am sorry if this had been asked before: is a low noise / low leakage cap like the UKL preferable for the preamp and phono board or will others like UFG, Panasonic FC / FM perform as well? Thanks, Marc
  11. K

AU717 Initial new Bias pot setting at first power up

I will be finishing my restoration of my AU717 within the next days. I have installed new Bourns single turn bias pots and would like to know a recommended initial setting of these when powering it up for the first time. Tried to measure the old ones before removal but did not get a reliable...
  12. K

Receiver recommendation

Hi Sansui experts, I am considering to buy a Sansui receiver up to 900-1000$ with the highest possible sound quality (especially important is the phono amp). Preferred music is classic rock. I am able to do some basic restoration steps. So my simple question is: which affordable receiver...
  13. K

green TCK caps...?

Hi! Does anybody know these green TCK labeled caps from an old german SABA 9260 receiver? They are used in special places in the circuit (power supply for example). Do these types have special characteristics like low ESR (to be replaced by Panasonic FC, FR...), low loss (to be replaced by...
  14. K

Onkyo TX-4500 dropping one channel

I have a question concerning my Onkyo TX-4500 that is losing the left channel after about one hour of warming up: I have recapped the power supply and the power amp board and also replaced the output relay with a new Finder type. During this process I had to leave one original blue input cap...
  15. K

Onkyo TX-4500 input caps

I am about to recap my TX-4500. I would like to keep the sound as close to original as possible. There are two electrolytic caps 2,2mf and 0,47mF / 50V in the signal path (yellow in colour). Can they be replaced with non-polarized film caps (any recommendations for small sized ones?)? I know...
  16. K

Replacement transsistor for 2sa1048

Hi! Could somebody please name a suitable replacement for a 2sa1048 used in my Accuphase E-205? The disc mute relay does not switch anymore and it is two Q`s I am suspecting to be dead. Thanks.
  17. K

Accuphase E-205 adjustment and Service Manual

Could someone please tell me about the function of the two trim pots on the preamp PCB of this integrated? There are test points 1 and 2. Which value do they need to be adjusted to? Does anyone possibly have a service manual for this amp? Thank you very much, Marc
  18. K

Nakamichi SR-4E power up issue

Hi Nakamichi experts, my Nakamichi SR-4E does not power up. When switched on there is a steady orange light (which should indicate standby ) and it does not even try to go further. I have already changed most of the caps on the power supply board and the diodes across the relay coils and Q404...
  19. K

Pass B1 buffer output cap

Hi! Could someone please give an advice about the necessary value for the output cap in the original B1 buffer in my specific setup? The original value is 10mF. The input impedance of my power amp is 10kOhm. How small can I choose the output cap without losing anything? Thanks, Marc
  20. K

APT Holman preamp part question

Hi! I have a question concerning C35 (left channel) and its counterpart C135 or CBS in the APT Holman preamp: they are both 10mF, but are both exactly the same type of cap (both uni-polar electrolytics, no difference)? The schematic says C35 and C135, the board layout ( service manual) has...
  21. K

Model 600 phono input capacitance

I have found the phono section of my Kenwood 600 integrated to be very good. Could someone probably tell me what input capacitance the phono 1 input has? I have checked the schematic but could not find any small cap at the phono input. My cartridge wants to see approximately 300pF (+/-). I...
  22. K

Model 600 power up occurence

Hi! Could someone please help with an advice with my model 600? I have just recapped my model 600, 4 main caps and all the caps on the power supply board. Upon initial power up there was the sound of a spark (I did not actually see it) accompanied by slight traces of bright smoke and a...
  23. K

The Fisher 500-C suggestions

Hi to the group! I am Marc and have just bought a beatiful 500-C receiver that was in working condition as described by the seller. I am now planning to restore it as far as the essentials are concerned before I use it. Of course I will do the rectifiers (selenium and diodes), coupling...
  24. K

Bias Voltage Fisher X-100 C

Hi! Just a quick one: on which pin of the 7868 do I measure the positive bias voltage in this circuit? For how much VDC should I look? Thanks, Marc
  25. K

Connecting the Dynaco Z565...

Hi! Another short Newbie's question: How do i connect the taps/leads of the Dynaco Z565 OPT correctly, to be more precise: do I need to connect the leads 2 and 4 (green/white and green) to pin 9 of my 6bq5's or can I leave those unconnected and just connect the outer ones to the output tubes...
Back
Top Bottom