Search results

1. isotopesope

Plugging Mc gear into surge protector?

After a lightning strike took out my TV and other components, even though connected to an inexpensive “surge protector”, I now run a whole-house surge protector before my breaker box. I also run additional power conditioners at each of my stereos. I also run my cable internet line through a...
  2. isotopesope

No more McIntosh LED kits

My tune has vastly changed on cap’n craptastic. Those LEDs lost brightness pretty quickly. When I reached out to him about it, he called me a hick and “banned” me. Hahahahaha
  3. isotopesope

Sony x700 4k player

Same.
  4. isotopesope

JVC QL-Y66F Which cartidge ?

I have a Victor QL-Y5 and run a shibata Bliss 720-DSH needle on a AT95 cartridge. I ran a similar Bliss shibata on my old Kenwood. Both track at 1-1.5 grams. Got them from turntableneedles.com. Not horribly expensive, considering. I definitely prefer the shibata profile. I’ve also used...
  5. isotopesope

MC7106 Issues

Did you check the fuse?
  6. isotopesope

Pop and Tick Free New Vinyl?

I buy lots of new records, and quite often they’re from very small presses and are often very low production numbers. I recently had an issue with a record that was cursed with excessive sibilance, but it’s typically rare. Ryan Adam’s Pax-Am label puts out exceptionally high quality vinyl, in...
  7. isotopesope

Low sub output

Hmmm, interesting. I recently added a small sub to my 5.0 setup, but left my mains set to large after rerunning Audyssey. I’ll have experiment to hear if it makes a difference in sub output on my Marantz. However, I’m pleased with the sub-tle improvement it’s made thus far.
  8. isotopesope

Klipsch floor speakers

I’ll always prefer a three-way speaker over a two-way.
  9. isotopesope

Connect PS Audio PerfectWave MKII to McIntosh C48

Hmmm, good question. I’m not familiar with the C48. I did come across this comment on the board: The good news is it sounds like it’s well documented in the manual and is a fairly standard procedure. Have you read through the manual as this user is suggesting? He says it’s pretty straight...
  10. isotopesope

Marantz NR-1200 Questions

I hope it works!
  11. isotopesope

Marantz NR-1200 Questions

So you’re using the tape deck to record audio? Does your tape deck have input adjustment? The preamp outs are indeed volume controlled, as that would control the volume to an external amp. A tape out would be line level and not volume or tone settings dependent. reading through the manual...
  12. isotopesope

Issue with MX-117...

Do both sets of main outputs on the MX-117 behave the same way?
  13. isotopesope

Pioneeer AV receiver VSX-S520 issue: FL OFF

I think that means the power supply is dead. I did a Google search using your thread title and found several people describing your issue.
  14. isotopesope

Considering McIntosh

Let the slippery slope begin!! You can’t own just one McIntosh. My first foray with McIntosh was using my H/K 730t receiver as a preamp and running a MC-752 power amp from it. It was a shockingly drastic improvement. Utterly blew my mind. I eventually added a McIntosh MX-113 preamp tuner...
  15. isotopesope

Insight into Smart TV and audio.

I would still try to eliminate that One Connect box, at least for troubleshooting. I also must be frank that I don’t understand it’s place in a system using an AVR. Using an AVR with a properly working ARC setup would still provide “one wire from the TV” functionality, as the AVR is switching...
  16. isotopesope

Insight into Smart TV and audio.

What’s the purpose of the One Connect box? I would eliminate it from the chain. Looks like that’s an older AVR, only capable of 480i. You could be fighting old vs new HDMI specs. I would use the TV to switch sources and setup the TV’s audio output as optical, and go into one of the three...
  17. isotopesope

New Forte IV on the Klipsch web site

Who would want to be friends with cat owners though?
  18. isotopesope

Vintage Vs. Pretty New Klipsch Speakers

How much have you experimented with speaker placement? I’ve had the best luck using the “rational speaker placement” method. There’s a lot of into out there on it or the Master Set Method. There’s a great, but quite long, YouTube video where Bob Robbins is explaining it at the Rocky Mountain...
  19. isotopesope

Old Mac Amps Banana to Spade Adapter Plug

I just use bare wire ends on my MC-752 because I’m a cave man and DGAF.
  20. isotopesope

Klipsch raising prices again 15 pct

Material prices are sky rocketing in every market right now and have been for awhile now.
  21. isotopesope

top notch 4k laptop

https://system76.com/laptops/oryx
  22. isotopesope

Radio garden

There are better words.
Back
Top Bottom