Search results

1. timind

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Fantastic Negrito - Grandfather Courage My pic for 2023 album of the year. Give it a listen.
  2. timind

Technics SL-7 Latch Repair and Refurbish

Wonderful refurb, congrats, This caught my eye as I just bought an SL 7 with broken latches. According to the seller, everything else works properly so hopefully it won't require anything more than a good cleaning and lube. We'll see.
  3. timind

Pioneer PL-7 - I like this table-Thoughts please!

Unless you're willing to dig into it yourself, I'd agree with your tech. You should be able to find a decent used PL7 for less than the cost of repairs. I've purchased 2 of them for less than $100, and one of them came with a nice Shure V-15 III cart on it.
  4. timind

Regret Having Opened my Pioneer PL-7

I think I sent you a copy. If you didn't get it, send me your email address and I'll resend.
  5. timind

Pioneer PL-15DII not starting properly, intermittent problem

The switch is being activated properly by the arm mechanism. I guess a little contact cleaner in there may help. Thanks.
  6. timind

Wow, thanks for the replies. Glad I bumped the thread. I just came up from the basement after working on the tt. I had loaned it to a friend who was using it regularly for a little over a week where it would exhibit the problem, usually on first turn on. After watching the mechanism in action...
  7. timind

It's been a few days and not one response, hmm. Should I post this question in the Pioneer forum? Or has nobody experienced this?
  8. timind

Hi all, I have a PL-15DII that on occasion, first use of the day, will hesitate to start spinning when the arm is engaged. After a few seconds, the platter will begin to spin as it should. The turntable starts normally for the rest of the day after the initial start up. Thought I'd ask the...
  9. timind

Funny this thread showed up in my inbox as I just came upstairs after finishing the repair of a PL-7. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll get a copy of the manual to you.
  10. timind

This little KX-90 is making me question my entire audio belief system

Just finished reading your restoration thread. Great thread. Wish I'd seen it before I recapped mine as your cap stuffing method looks great. If I ever get real ambitious, I'll redo my ugly recapping. But then again, it's working just fine so...
  11. timind

I bought a quad of Sovtek EL84Ms. They sound good in the amp. Might've cleaned the sound up a bit. Next up is replacing the faulty rca jacks for the tuner and aux inputs. The right side jacks don't really seat a cable very well. I found a pair of exact replacements so just a matter of tearing...
  12. timind

Pioneer PL15Dii question

I'm late to the thread, but what you're describing is how the PL 15Dll operates.
  13. timind

Thanks for that info. I had been looking at what are claimed to be NOS 7189A tubes, and they are expensive. As much as I like this little amp, it seemed wrong to pay as mush for a set of tubes as I paid for the amp. The Sovtek tubes are within reason; I'm going to get a set. I also need to...
  14. timind

Thanks for the detailed info. I pulled the odd tube for pics, and under closer inspection I see it is Sovtek EL84/6BQ5 with smaller letters INRL under the word Sovtek. Are the Sovtek tubes up to the standards of the 7189A? I don't mean sound quality, but technical specs?
  15. timind

The face plate of the amp looks pretty good considering age. All of the gold caps are still with her. Three of the output tubes (7189A) are labeled "Realistic Lifetime" and stamped GT Britain. The fourth output tube has no visible label and the internal structure is different than the others...
  16. timind

Not exactly sure why I have so many pics posted, but there you have it.
  17. timind

Think this is the first time I've posted pics here, so here goes:IMG-1305 by timind posted Mar 24, 2019 at 1:11 PMIMG-1305 by timind posted Mar 24, 2019 at 1:11 PM IMG-1305 by timind posted Mar 24, 2019 at 1:11 PM IMG-1306 by timind posted Mar 24, 2019 at 1:11 PM
  18. IMG-1305

IMG-1305

19. IMG-1306

IMG-1306

20. timind

I bought a working, all original KX-90 a few months ago and am amazed at how it sounds. After making sure the amp worked as advertised I went ahead and recapped the power supply, and checking voltages, I started using it with a variac. This amp makes me wonder where it fits in to the Fisher...
  21. timind

Building Fisher SA-100 Clone

Just a beautiful build. Man, I wish I had the patience to build like that.
  22. timind

Guide sent to rak505 last night.
  23. timind

line voltage - setting bias

What great timing. I searched for high mains voltage and found this thread...and it's active. I recently acquired a Fisher KX90 in fairly good working condition. I'm starting to replace the filter caps and after replacing the first cap I thought I'd measure the voltage from that cap. The...
  24. timind

Please Help!

Just bought a K 90 so I'll be asking for advice soon. This site is a treasure s I figured I should make a contribution.
  25. timind

Cairn 4808A looking for help

This is a very old thread but I'm going to update it in case someone is researching a problem with a Cain amp. It took a few months if I recall until the owner of Cairn finally got back to me with a solution. By the time he did I had already removed the control board and figured the problem...
Back
Top Bottom