Search results

1. timind

Pioneer PL-15DII not starting properly, intermittent problem

Hi all, I have a PL-15DII that on occasion, first use of the day, will hesitate to start spinning when the arm is engaged. After a few seconds, the platter will begin to spin as it should. The turntable starts normally for the rest of the day after the initial start up. Thought I'd ask the...
  2. timind

This little KX-90 is making me question my entire audio belief system

I bought a working, all original KX-90 a few months ago and am amazed at how it sounds. After making sure the amp worked as advertised I went ahead and recapped the power supply, and checking voltages, I started using it with a variac. This amp makes me wonder where it fits in to the Fisher...
  3. timind

Realistic/CEC BA 300 tonearm problem

Hello experts, I recently picked up a very nice looking Realistic BA 300 turntable with a Shure M97 cartridge for $12. After cleaning it up and setting the VTF to 2 grams I get a needle that won't stay in the groove. I don't have a tracking force gauge ro check it bu even at what looks like 3...
  4. timind

Cairn 4808A looking for help

Hello all, My 4808A integrated amp turned up dead a while ago and I'm having no luck with getting it repaired. I have contacted Cairn and received a reply from Giles Berlot, the original builder/owner of Cairn, asking my location. That was the only response from him and all other queries...
Back
Top Bottom