Search results

1. peterservo

Guidance on eBay sellers?

Thanks again everyone. I'm taking delivery of a Yamaha A-700 amp tomorrow. Not restored, but "everything works fine". I've been down that road before, and coonmanx is right- sometimes you can get good deals on vintage stuff and it really does work well. In fact, I'm currently running a Yamaha...
  2. peterservo

Yup, just found that out. Not a bad investment for such a nice resource.
  3. peterservo

Thank you all for your replies. I'll check Bartertown out.
  4. peterservo

Hello, I'm relatively new here, so please excuse me if this post is in the wrong place. With Christmas approaching, I intend to treat myself to either a quality vintage integrated (Sansui) amplifier or separates (Yamaha) too. Can't do McIntosh, but you get the idea. Now for the question: Does...
  5. peterservo

My Florida Mancave

That's very nice!
  6. peterservo

Sony TC-580 or TEAC A4010 AC

I'll also recommend the Teac. I have a Sony TC-580. It was my first RtR deck. I was pretty excited until I opened it up and found that all of the wiring inside is point to point. I am selling it for parts if anyone is interested... On the other hand, I have 2 Teacs and as others have said-...
  7. peterservo

Tape Machines At Abandoned Radio Station

That is really, really hard to watch! Someone needs to pull up with a UHaul and collect that stuff ASAP! Wish it were near me..
  8. peterservo

Aztec Picasso, EPI-150 or Polk CS7 Montiors?

Yes, the ones I'm looking at are the pyramid shaped ones. I'll see what they sound like.. Thanks for all who've chimed in. Very useful information.
  9. peterservo

EPI A500 - Who's got 'em

Has anyone in this thread ever heard EPI-150s? I have another thread on here that I've asked about these on, but since it seems like you folks have heard EPI speakers before, I thought you might be able to shed some light on the pair I'm looking at?
  10. peterservo

Thanks everyone... I'm leaning towards the EPIs too. However, these are very oddly shaped tower speakers. I've never seen anything like them.. kind of a "twisted" tower shape. They are 3 way and all drivers look good. I'm going to audition them this Saturday.
  11. peterservo

Hello, First post here. Love what I've read so far. Nice community it seems.. Anyway, I'm a 70s guy and as such, I'm building a small and modest system. I have a Sansui integrated Amp and Tuner, Pioneer Turntable, JVC 3 head cassette deck and a Teac A-7010 reel to reel. My speakers suck.. I am...
  12. peterservo

Sansui SP-5500 Restoration

That is stunning! Nice work.
  13. peterservo

Any "Belt-Go-To-Guys" Here? I need belts, hoping to avoid eBay.

Check out Marrs Communications. I've dealt with them before and while it took some time for my order to ship, what I got worked and they are nice folks to deal with. http://marrscommunications.com/
  14. peterservo

Philips 312...decent intro turntable?

Wow! Thanks for all of that info! I'll take it apart tonight to see what I'm into. After having taken a few reel to reels apart, I am not fazed by the sounds of this. I might screw it up, but then again, it was free.
  15. peterservo

Philips 312...decent intro turntable?

Hello All- I just picked up one of these turntables for free from a yard sale this weekend. It appears to be in great condition cosmetically. It has a Grado cartridge and it came with the owners manual in a plastic bag. The only problem is that it doesn't work! I have yet to take it apart, but I...
Back
Top Bottom