Search results

1. T

Opinions Requested: Which LP/HP Filters To Use?

Gear in question: NHT SA-2 Sub Amp Emotiva USP-1 Preamp Both have hp/lp filters for satellite/sub management. NHT has low-pass continuously variable between 35-150Hz, 18dB/octave. Selectable high-pass at 50, 75, and 110Hz, 12dB/octave. Emotiva has both lp/hp filters, continuously variable...
  2. T

NHT 1.3a/SW2 advice needed

I have a pair of NHT 1.3a's that I want to put in my guest/listening room, along with a recently acquired NHT SW2 sub and SA2 amp. Questions: How good is the high pass filter in the SA2? Would I be better off running the 1.3's full range and using the crossover in the amp for the sub? If...
  3. T

MikeT - Excellent Seller!

Bought a ProJect turntable and from MikeT. First class transaction, from start to finish. Would not hesitate to buy from again. Thanks Mike!
  4. T

Analog to Digital Converters (ADC)

Greetings, I am gathering gear for a small personal listening room. I was planning to go all digital using a Denon DNP-720AE Network Music Player into a Emotiva XDA-2 Digital Pre/DAC. The Emotiva has no analog inputs. Reconsidering my all digital decision, I want to add a turntable to the...
  5. T

Seeking Advice on Stereo Subs

Hi, first time poster here.. I am building a low/mid range system in a spare 14' x 12' bedroom. All new gear, Emotiva XDA-2 DAC/Pre and UPA-200 Amp, Grace Digital Tuner, and Polk Monitor 40 Series 2 Speakers. My question is on the sub selection. I was planning on using a Mirage BPS-150...
  6. T

DCM CX-17's

I bought a set of DCM CX-17 off of EBay and and while all drivers are working, they don't sound as good as the accolades that a lot of people on the forum gave them. They sound very peaky and muddy, A/Bed them with a pair of Mission Model 70ii's and the Missions sound clearly better...
Back
Top Bottom