Search results

1. 1

Speaker pop after powering off Yamaha CR-620

I get 7 or 8 mv on the pins supplying the lamps so assume on or all the bulbs are burnt out unless that isn't enough to drive them (12mv bulbs I recall). I recall reading about a connection between the lamps and the protection circuit but have not found the thread. Again any guidance would be...
  2. 1

None of the lamps work (the power LED works).
  3. 1

When shutting off my Yamaha CR-620 receiver, a pop comes through the speakers a few seconds after powering off. The volume of the pop is the same regardless of the volume setting. It happens in both speakers whether on the A or B outputs. There is minimal voltage across the speaker terminals...
  4. 1

Optimus LX-5 (cheap) modifications

One of the early tweaks to tune the cabinet from when the speaker first came out. Some felt it tames some of the sloppiness from the ports. Stereophile did some measurements several years ago if you really want to see how it affects the impedance and frequency response...
  5. 1

Optimus LX-5 (cheap) modifications

I thought the linaeum tweeters made these Radio Shack speakers a great little bargain bookshelf speakers but the surrounds on mine finally disintegrated. I was also tired of the muddy sound of the mid range and what little low end the Optimus LX-5's had so thought I'd futz around with them. I...
  6. 1

Sansui 881 hum - solved thanks to audiokarma!

I purchased a very clean Sansui 881 (on ebay) that once connected had a moderate hum through the speakers when volume was at zero. It was slightly louder on the FM setting than the other input. It didn't increase when the volume was turned up so if you turned the music up loud enough you could...
Back
Top Bottom