Search results

1. S

Primaluna Prologue vs. Dialogue Premium Integrated

Hi, I've been looking for a good not so expensive tube amp to use with Tannoy Stirling SE. I've had the opportunity to try Audio Research VSI75, Leben CS300 and Primaluna Prologue Premium. AR is on another level, but the price is there too. AR was with KT120 while primaluna is EL34. That for...
  2. S

Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense

Stop making sense is excelent, but... I have started listening to Talking Heads about a year ago after I've watched Live in Rome concert on YT. That really hit the sweet spot. Not so good A/V quality. but everything else really made me love them.
  3. S

Marantz PM14 and Harbeth

Hi Guys, Few days ago I bought Marantz PM14 and it's connected to Harbeth C7ES3 speakers. Prior to marantz I had Rega Brio-R which is still in my opinion one of the most increadible deals in hifi - especially if you listen to jazz and acoustic music. Back to Marantz - you can tell that it has...
  4. S

Rega Elex-R

Has anyone heard elex-r? Any thoughts?
  5. S

Adding EQ to EQ-less amp

Sorry for confusion. Yes, now I have Brio-R since elicit was too harsh on most low quality rock recordings. Brio is "softer" in high freq. area. BUT - I would go back to elicit if I could eq it. On well recorded material and most jazz stuff elicit is magical, but...
  6. S

Adding EQ to EQ-less amp

If that's possible I owe you one. :) I will look into that. Thanks!
  7. S

Adding EQ to EQ-less amp

Easier said than done. :) In Croatia you have very small number of dealers that have something interesting to try out, and maybe one or two will let you try it at home. :thumbsdn:
  8. S

Adding EQ to EQ-less amp

Thanks for the input, but I do not see how can I insert any proccesors into Elicit-R (it does not have any loop for this purpose) and I would rather not add any DSP since I'm listening mostly to vinyl. :worried: From my search so far, the best solution would be second hand accuphase or...
  9. S

Adding EQ to EQ-less amp

Hi guys, After months and months of thinking it over, I hope that you can help me. :) What are the options if I want to have possibility of high and low eq on amp with no eq? Today most of good hifi amps do not have eq, but due to inconsistent quality in recordings I think that eq is...
  10. S

Rega Brio-R

Thanks for all the comments! I was not clear about one thing. I am not trying to build my system around B&W 601 s2. My plan was to change speakers soon. Out of all the stuff that I'm hearing now, I'm wondering what will change with different speakers. Could it be less let's say muffled, could it...
  11. S

Rega Brio-R

Hi everyone, Really good thread. Long story short, I bought brio-r a week ago cause I had problems with marantz pm7000 and its phono preamp (which is btw. Defective - ). I've listened to rega at my local dealer on Harbeth p3esr and it sounded really warm, musical and accurate. Back to...
Back
Top Bottom