Search results

1. D

Sansui 9090 wood cabinet specifications

^ No, there is not a metal strip. The wood trim attaches directly to the bottom of the faceplate using 4 small machine screws.
  2. D

Sansui 9090db headache

did you check the fuse in your multimeter?
  3. D

The OFFICIAL MSM5540RS/M5540 Gx700 40pin IC Thread! NUDIES

They are available second hand in T80 tuners..
  4. D

Sansui 9090db headache

Did you try to check bias?
  5. D

Sansui 9090db headache

That swinging arises when the channel is being over biassed and as the current rises in the output stage the current clamp (TR15/17 and TR16/18) pulls the output stage down until the clamp lifts and the cycle starts over. The fact that both channels are doing it suggests an incorrect component...
  6. D

Sansui 9090db protection mode followed by no output

If the tuner is not responding it suggests power supply failure from F2619 which in turn is fed from R30 on the power supply board.
  7. D

8080db/9090db Failure Rate??

FWIW the main problems, Dolby board and green plastic flex cables, were resolved - in production changes - by September 77 according to opinion elsewhere in this forum, so your December 77 unit I would expect to be free from most of them.
  8. D

Sansui G-8000 G-8700 bumper measurement

91mm centre to centre on the bumpers. I also note that the overall dimensions of the cases of the 8700/9700 are the same except for the depth which is 20mm greater on the 9700.
  9. D

Sansui 7000 power board running hot? Why?

Oops posts crossed....
  10. D

Sansui 7000 power board running hot? Why?

When measuring bias using this (direct) method the intention is to replace the power supply fuse with a test milli-ammeter. So you need one test probe at on end of the empty fuseholder and the other probe at the other end of the fuse holder, thus completing the supply circuit. If you get the...
  11. D

Sansui 9090 wood cabinet specifications

The dimensions are above in post#8
  12. D

Sansui 890DB restoration, what have I got myself into!!

The volume pot is shown on F2693 to the right of the Dolby board in the schematic.
  13. D

Vu-meter CA-3000

I presume you wish to know the magnitude of the signal required to cause full scale deflection of the meter? To calculate that we would need to know the coil resistance. In the absence of that value I can only estimate/guess that full scale deflection would require around 300 micro amps/200mV...
  14. D

Sansui 890DB restoration, what have I got myself into!!

F-2693 is shown to the right of the dolby F-2654 and switchboard F-2655. The loudness taps are included on 2693 and are in parallel with a switch contact which is presumably the loudness control though I haven't checked right through..
  15. D

Show Me Your Sansui!

I use a boiling kettle to steam them off.
  16. D

CA-2000 Quieter on Tone and Filter?

Had a very similar problem with my 9090DB. Turned out that I'd mounted the filter/muting switch assembly upside down thus putting the muting switch where the hi filter should have been...
  17. D

F-2436-1 fusistor question for 9090 receiver.

No doubt. I've just tried again without success. The page requires that I login -although I'm already logged in - and then rejects my credentials. It's something that has happened previously but I don't recall how/if I fixed it.
  18. D

F-2436-1 fusistor question for 9090 receiver.

The post immediately above your post contains a link to the ak database which contains the service manual but I don't think you will get access to it as a non-subscriber. I am a subscriber but also cannot get to it. I suggest you go to highfiengine.com where you can download it free but you'll...
  19. D

Clipping sound when powering up my AU-9500

Sounds like some DC offset to me.
  20. D

Sansui 7070 no power, please help

This is a spare I have for my 9090DB. The knob pulled off easily though there are some traces on the plastic shaft that may have been some adhesive...
  21. D

Sansui Schematic Diagram Errata

That 150W DBT is too large and may be affecting DC offset. Should be 100W.
  22. D

G-9000 low volume output

I'd start by checking all the internal power supply fuses. The arcing may have caused one/some of them to blow..
  23. D

9090db driver board molex connector issues/question.

They are obsolete but Digikey offer a substitute as part number 0010321041
Back
Top Bottom