Search results

1. steelgtr

Rectifier Help

Hi Guys, i have the Reosing A10 tube amp that uses a 5Z4PJ rectifier and looking for alternatives. (only tube I have not rolled)...
  2. steelgtr

Which TT Is Best Of These?

I have a Technics SL-1950, Pioneer PL-510, and a Technics SL-D2 That I am deciding on putting back into service. The 1950 is going to take hunting down a few parts; Cue arm elevator and a single platter spindle. The other 2 are pretty ready to go, just need to decide which carts, Stanton...
  3. steelgtr

Technics PL-1950 Parts Compatibility

Hi Have a SL-1950 that needs a new cue arm elevator. How can I tell what other models would be compatible? bob
  4. steelgtr

Phono Stage For Tubecube 7?

Looking for something reasonable for my garage setup. Maybe this one:? https://www.amazon.com/Fosi-Audio-Preamplifier-Phonograph-Pre-Amplifier/dp/B07XNTHHBP thx bob
  5. steelgtr

Miracord Elac 40 Worth $150

Seller says need cart/stylus work whatever that means. Check the pics bob
  6. steelgtr

Pioneer Pl-7 Cart Help?

I just got a PL-7 with a Stanton RS500 DJ cart/stylus and want to upgrade to a hi fi cart. I have a Shure M97HE and M95 ED and wondered if they would be good for this low mass tonearm? Or any others? thx bob
  7. steelgtr

DAP Discussion on AK?

Hi Guys Is there a forum here for portable digital audio players? thx bob
  8. steelgtr

Vintage Sony AM Radio Problem

AM section on the Sony STR-6045 I just got is dead. Amber AM light lights up but no static, no audio. FM Mono and stereo are fine. How do I connect an AM loop and bypass the ferrite rod to see if it is the built in antenna causing the problem?
  9. steelgtr

Bought a Sony STR-6045 Today

I got antsy waiting for the right 6065 or V4 to come along. I hope sonically it sounds as good as those. My La Scalas are very efficient so I hope I didn't make a mistake? https://www.ebay.com/itm/133694084127 thx bob
  10. steelgtr

Sony V Series vs 6xxx and 7xxx Series?

I have been mainly looking for a nice 6065 or 7065 from positive info here on AK. What about the "V" series? Did they come later and are more modern (ic's, etc)? How is the sound signature compared to the 6 and 7 series? I found a nice V4 for $35o shipped? thx bob
  11. steelgtr

Sony STR-6065 or STR-7065?

Which model would be better, especially sound wise? I'm assuming that the 7 series is later than the 6 and whether that is a good or bad thing? thx bob
  12. steelgtr

Sony STR- 7055 Bulb Replacement

Hi Guys I think I have one coming and it needs bulbs. Is it hard to change them out? thx bob
  13. steelgtr

Sony STR-6065 vs. STR-7055

Hi Guys Looking at both. This would be paired with '78 Klipsch La Scalas. thx bob
  14. steelgtr

Pioneer Receiver For Klipsch La Scalas?

I know this is subjective but I got the bug to get a 70's Pio to go with my speakers. Prefer a warmer sound but clean. Budget around $500. I'm confused on all the Pio model designations. Looked at an SX-780, 737, 828. Love the idea of the watt meters but not at the expense of better AQ? thx, bob
  15. steelgtr

SME Tonearm: Loose Headshell

Hi Guys, I took off the HS and now it won't tighten up in the arm; the ring just spins. It was working before I took it out and second HS does the same thing. This is on my beloved TD-125 TT. thx bob
  16. steelgtr

Techics SL-1950: Worth Pursuing?

Hi Guys I just inherited a 1950, no headshell, just the multi disc spindle: 1) Disc won't drop with the spindle in place 2) Cue arm dead, no lift Any thoughts? thx bob
  17. steelgtr

Technics SL-1650 vs. U-Turn Orbit Plus?

Thinking of a TT for my secondary setup; low budget. Found a serviced SL-1650 w/ Stanton 681 EEE for $250 or a brand new U-Turn with an Ortofon OM 5E cart for $309? No brainer for you experts or ?? thx bob
  18. steelgtr

Around $1,000.00 ?

My Brother is looking for a decent TT to go with his Rotel/ B&W stereo rig. His budget is around 1K. Looking here for ideas? thx bob
  19. steelgtr

MX-119 to MX-150?

Hi Guys I might have a chance to pick up a MX-150 to replace my MX-119. I'd really like HDMI and my room could use some *good* correction. I have been through a Denon 7200WA and an Anthem 720 but they lack the warm sound I am used to. What is involved in upgrading to a MX-151 and any overall...
  20. steelgtr

"Upgrade" From MX-119

Hi Guys, Thinking of updating my MX-119 since we do 95% TV and movie watching (5.1 setup) Our living room is 12x15 carpet, drapes, soft couches. The MX-119 does a pretty fine job even w/o room correction but I would like to experience some newer audio formats, good room correction and a 4K TV...
  21. steelgtr

Tascam 122 Play Problem

Hi Guys I just inherited a 122. It rewinds and FF just fine (counter moves) but won't play a tape. The capstan shaft isn't budging. Is there a belt for the capstan? Is it worth taking in to my local electronics Guru (Norm at Sertech in San Jose)? I have a bunch of old steel guitar teaching...
  22. steelgtr

MX-119 With Rotel RMB-1095 Amp

Hi Guys I just bought a 1095 Rotel amp and need some hook up advise for my MX-119? I'm hoping the Mx-119 will do a 12v trigger or can I use the DB-25 cable? Here are the 2 manuals: http://www.berners.ch/McIntosh/Downloads/MX119_own.pdf mx-119...
  23. steelgtr

My New CL Finds

Guys Rather than clutter up other threads that I'm following and posting on, I'd like to present my 3 Cart aquisitions in one thread if that's OK? 1) Which I'm discussing here: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=294083 Stanton 881S with original D81 Stylus. I'm already...
  24. steelgtr

Dug Up Some Old TT's Today: Opinions?

Between my storage unit and our rehearsal studio, this is what I found today: 1) Pioneer PL-510A, Shure M104E 2) Technics SL-D2, Shure R47XT/5X 3) Pioneer PL-7, Stanton RS5000J DJ 4) Dual 1254, Original Dual Stylus Any of these worth resurrecting? Thanks, bob
  25. steelgtr

Shure Stylus V15 Type III ?

I have the ~ $50 stylus form TTN and its nice but sometimes on the shrill side. Is the SAS still the current Holy Grail? thx bob TD125, SME 3009 II, V15 III
Back
Top Bottom