Search results

1. T

Matching speakers for the Marantz PM66SE

I'm open to suggestions but I'm not sure your comments answer any of my questions, be it regarding matching the amp with some speakers or recommending something else for this setup/room etc? The main reason I've asked here is because I'd like to know other people's thoughts
  2. T

Not entirely based on the amp alone, are the speakers listed not suitable for the room or of poor sound quality overall?
  3. T

Hi all, I've got a small 3.2m x 2.8m room and decided to go with a simple stereo setup, will be listening to records, CDs and cassette tapes.. Thought the Marantz PM66SE (either KI signature or AH! Tjoeb 66 variants) would be a good performer? Looking to find some good matching speakers, I have...
  4. T

Upgrading to newer receiver - worth it?

Yes, I found the special service program in the UK, doesn't look great though - there's no repair option! just exchange for another Onkyo.. Anyway, just dialling in the settings on the new receiver and maybe I'm not familiar with the brand but got a strange one: For Analogue sources, the tx...
  5. T

Got the TX-NR5009 last evening.. I wish I saw @Putterman's note before though - did my research on HDMI failures now (ouch). Anything I can do to prevent this? got 2 USB fans on top, have already noticed the video board gets fairly hot... >>>not something I had with the Yamaha :D Thanks all
  6. T

Thought so, the Yamaha A2 is also ~20 Kg so not far... Price for the Onkyo is good, which is why I'm considering it :) However, since most of my sources are Audio and intending to use this mostly for music listening, are these new certifications going to count at all? (might sound dumb but...
  7. T

Hi All, I currently have a Yamaha DSP-A2 which is connected to my turntable, cassette player, minidisc player and also a Bluray player.. The Bluray has FHD upscaling so I'm not using the video section of the A2 at all (as it's outdated), it's purely Audio and I think it does a great job! Now...
  8. T

Advice needed - Philips CD630 skipping

Hi all, I hope I'm posting in the right section, I got a Philips CD player, the CD630, really nice electronics, I know it's all plastic body, though. I played a couple CDs and then at the third I noticed some skipping.. Since then it's been always like this, would skip on every CD I...
  9. T

NAD 3130 crackling noise

Thanks didn't notice any difference when adjusting the volume.. I am using the Tape Mon switch quite often though how should I clean the switches/pots?
  10. T

NAD 3130 crackling noise

Hi guys, I have a NAD 3130 integrated ampifier and noticed crackling sound, lo-fi or sudden drop in volume, mainly while using the CD/DVD player. 2 months ago I have reinstalled my system and wired the 2 speakers on the A speaker system. that's when it started to make the noise (not very...
  11. T

First R2R, Revox A77 and some trouble

Oh I used to buy guitar gear from Thomann! anyway, I found a way to get the tape from US.. strangely, although made is Europe, it is cheaper in the US?!
  12. T

Thanks a lot guys! I am glad it's the tape and not the machine itself. I will try adjusting the channels sounds like a good idea! As for Europe, where do you get the RMG tape from? Thanks!
  13. T

makes sense.. what tape would you recommend? thanks
  14. T

Hi guys, I got my firts R2R ever, and it's a Revox A77 MKIII 1/2 track, 3&7 ips first thing I noticed, playback was a bit dark and muffled.. Then, when I tried recording something, channel one was almost silent and a bit distorted while channel 2 was 'ok'.. also there were 'traces'...
  15. T

NAD Amps: 3130 vs C 340 - which one?

Thanks, I have to say Pioneer A400 is impressive.. the thing is that I have a good deal on these 2 so that's why I am asking. They say the old 3130 has a good/fine sound so I think I'll stick with that one.. also it has a Phono preamp which is a must for me, while the c340 has many inputs but No...
  16. T

the only reference I found was in this review "In 2004 NAD tried to recapture the glory of their earlier products with the C320 BEE model. Which in my opinion fell way short of the 3020 and 3130. Did not have a built in phono section. Although more powerful at 50 WRMS per channel it just did...
  17. T

Hi level subwoofer & NAD amp

That is correct. I was aware that connecting L and R preamp outs with a Y connector would give Mono output.. so the sub receives both channels separately. Haven't got the time to rewire the whole thing but I will try to do it today, hopefully I'll get rid of the noise. Thanks! Edit: So I...
  18. T

Hi, does anyone have any experience with these 2? aside from power rating - 30W vs 50W and the fact that the latter has more preamp channels - which of the two sounds better? by means of sound quality?
  19. T

* ok I'll check the noise again, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't there...
  20. T

oh really? I didn't know that.. I am not very familiar with transistor amplifiers and tend to treat them like valve amps (which I built - not hifi - but guitar amps.) those are more sensitive to impedance and load. my satellites are in 8 ohm config (amp set up accordingly) - so you say there is...
  21. T

Hi, I got a NAD 3130 and I recently got a Mordaunt-Short MS308 active subwoofer. As the NAD has Preamp OUT and Power Amp IN RCAs, I got 2 Y cables making 2 preamp outputs to drive the signal to the subwoofer.. (Line level) since I did that, there is a little hiss all the time.. It's...
  22. T

Need help deciding between a Sansui and a Dual

Thank you both! @lini you are perfectly right - they are quite different TT as for the headshell: I saw it looks different but it can still take most of the cartridges available.. or not? The one installed looks like an Ortofon OM 5 so I guess I could be replaced with one alike? many thanks
  23. T

Need help deciding between a Sansui and a Dual

hi, I currently have a Sansui FR-D3 and I have the chance to get a Dual 505-2 I considered because of the suspension chasis is it worth? would it be an 'upgrade' or I am better off with the Sansui thanks
  24. T

old NAD CD player vs modern Denon

thanks for sharing your thoughts guys, I will give it a try and see which one suits me best cheers
  25. T

old NAD CD player vs modern Denon

that's what I thought as well..
Back
Top Bottom