Search results

1. rjw1678

Spring forward and start mowing

Mowed today here in northern Delaware.
  2. rjw1678

Dogs Rock, Post Yer Pooch!

I got this 5 month old Pembroke Welsh Corgi pup on November 30, 2023 and I named him Mozart.
  3. rjw1678

Any Subaru Outback owners?

If ESS stands for Engine Stop Start, I made sure there was a way to turn it off on my new Tahoe. GM does turn it on every time I start the engine and I have to press a button on the dashboard to turn it off. I feel the extra wear on the starter motor and solenoid make Engine Stop Start a bad...
  4. rjw1678

Any Subaru Outback owners?

Two weeks ago I traded my Subaru and bought a Tahoe. Over time I came to hate the CVT and the Turbo lag in summer was ridiculous. I did get an extremely high trade-in on the Subaru.
  5. rjw1678

What's in your Garage? AK Car Show!

2019 Z06 Vert and 2023 Tahoe
  6. rjw1678

Dogs. Too much of a good thing?

I am retired and I am comfortable. I currently have 5 small breed dogs. Each one have chronic health problems that would make them way too expensive for the average pet owner. I make sure they get everything they need and this way they can live out the rest of their lives comfortable and loved...
  7. rjw1678

What's your (current) dream car?

I am driving my dream car. 2019 Corvette Z06 Vert.
  8. rjw1678

What tv show are you currently binging?

Last of the Summer Wine
  9. rjw1678

Just dumped Facebook

I dumped Facebook on 5/13/2023 and got the email saying that my account will be deleted on 6/12/2023.
  10. rjw1678

I Regressed And Bought A New Watch

My Citizen Eco-Drive after over 10 years was starting to have the battery go bad, so I bought a "Tissot Gentleman Stainless Steel Dress Watch". So far I really like the Tissot.
  11. rjw1678

Bone-stock 2023 Z06 `Vette lays down a 610 RWHP dyno run

Also Chevrolet has in the past conservatively rated the horsepower for their performance engines. I was told in 2000 by Scott Settlemire(former Camaro brand manager) the reason why the LS1 powered Camaros had really good RWHP on the dyno is that they were conservatively rated.
  12. rjw1678

Asking for a Friend :) Two Schiit Aegirs Or One PrimaLuna EVO 300 ?

The Forte IV has the same 99db SPL at 1 meter as the Heresy. Attached is a chart that Paul Klipsch put together that shows that the Heresy will do 100db average with 110db peaks in a 3,000 cubic feet listening room with 14 watts. So like you say, "Try one Aegir in stereo first. May be plenty of...
  13. rjw1678

Asking for a Friend :) Two Schiit Aegirs Or One PrimaLuna EVO 300 ?

I have a Freya S, an Aegir and a pair of Klipsch LaScala AL3 speakers. I used to run a Dennis Had Inspire single ended pentode tube amp. The Aegir has the wonderful sound of the tube amp, but also the Aegir gave me some Solid State low frequency punch that was missing from the tube amp. Bear in...
  14. rjw1678

Schiit Fans ?

I bought my Bifrost 2 OG last October and in June I bought an Yggdrasil OG. The Yggdrasil OG has a very similar sound signature to the Bifrost 2 OG, The Yggdrasil OG has more refined detail and more refined sound stage. I listen to 50's, 60's, 70's and early 80's rock and roll, I also listen to...
  15. rjw1678

Schiit Fans ?

Finally got around to hooking my Bifrost 2 to my Mac Studio Ultra and then from the Bifrost 2 to my Klipsch the Sixes speakers. The Bifrost 2 is a big improvement when compared to the internal DAC in the Klipsch the Sixes. The sound is so much fuller and detailed. Now I am deciding if I want to...
  16. rjw1678

Oil Changes these days! $$$$$

When I got my 2019 Corvette Z06, Chevrolet gave me 2 free oil changes. On the first oil change the dealer did not properly tighten the oil filter and I had an oil spot on the garage floor. I put an 1/8 turn on the filter and it never leaked again. I did not let them do the 2nd free oil change...
  17. rjw1678

Treated myself to a totally unnecessary ride....

Congrats. Nice car. Enjoy. I got my 7th gen Z06 when I was 63.
  18. rjw1678

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

Schiit Yggdrasil OG b-stock black.
  19. rjw1678

Schiit Fans ?

One week ago I ordered an Yggdrasil OG b-stock. It arrived Wednesday and I have been using it for over three days now. It sounds a lot like my Bifrost 2, but the sound is more refined and detailed. My Yggy OG sounds better every day, some people have told me it could take up to a month before it...
  20. rjw1678

Schiit BiFrost II vs Denafrips Ares II?

I got my Bifrost 2 in November. It sounds really good to me. I do keep wondering what a Schiit Yggdrasil OG sounds like, but I am very satisfied with my Bifrost 2.
  21. rjw1678

Ever Had A DAC Go Bad?

I had an Emotiva XDA-2 that suddenly had no output sound.
  22. rjw1678

What's your "go to song" to test bass in your rig?

My Klipsch LaScala Speakers don’t go much below 50hz either, so “Smoke on the Water” is a good match for the LaScala’s.
  23. rjw1678

What's your "go to song" to test bass in your rig?

Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water
  24. rjw1678

Totally stupid!!

it does happen… https://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/01/camaro-zl1-crashed-by-dealer-to-be-replaced/
  25. rjw1678

What amplifier powering your speakers?

Schiit Audio Aegir Amplifier
Back
Top Bottom