Search results

1. A

Traditonal Country Music

Currently, I thought blue grass or folk was along the lines of traditional country music.
  2. A

Choosing a domain name

Thanks, everyone. I'll have a look at some of those.
  3. A

Choosing a domain name

Anyone know much about this? Is a shorter name better? How do avoid using one that's already been registered? Is it worth looking on somewhere like this http://www.1and1.com/new-top-level-domains to check? Lots of questions, sorry, new to this :)
  4. A

Antique, vintage, classic, retro, old school ?

For me personally these words all mean that I will be charged more for something that is a bit old and battered, and that was probably dug out of someone's loft :)
  5. A

"Titanic" Violin Sold for Record $1,450,000

Wow, it does look good, it must have been worked on. Interesting about the morgue building, I think we'll always be fascinated by the Titanic story.
  6. A

Jack-O-lantern preservation techniques?

I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that you can get special spray to make it last longer, can't remember what it's called though, or wher I saw it...Hmm, you're welcome..:)
  7. A

What the heck is wrong with people?

Also, I think people forget their usual manners, it's all very anonymous, just typing on a keyboard does not feel like talking to an actual person, there's a barrier inbetween and the usual social cues/body language etc don't count.
  8. A

What the heck is wrong with people?

Forums are just a concentrated form of real life, you get the same kind of behaviour and not everyone behaves how you expect them to. Don't let it stop you offering help to someone else, they're the ones who should change, not you.
  9. A

Music Related Books

This a great thread! Got a few to add to the list. First, I've just finished Apocalypse Jukebox, which looks at the end of the world through popular American music. Spans from Coltrane to Devo to Green Day. Lots of great stuff involved...
  10. A

Fair Negotiation Tactics?

This was always it in a nutshell for me. Never had an issue with it, just been terrible at it.
  11. A

Fair Negotiation Tactics?

I suck at haggling big time! And this annoys me too, as I always want to get the best price and can't stand the thought that I could have bought something for half the price I did. With things like vacations, hotels etc. I always use price comparison sites. As an example, I had to renew my home...
  12. A

Who's watching 'Archer' on Netflix?

I now want to see one where Kreiger is trying to drum along to YYZ
  13. A

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver. The not-very-good headphones I keep in work (not risking the good ones)
  14. A

Who's watching 'Archer' on Netflix?

That might be the best teaser for a new series I've ever seen. Kreiger's guitar solo!
  15. A

What was the last movie you watched?

The Evil Dead (the new one). Nowhere near as bad as i thought it was going to be. Still pretty by the numbers, but they avoided trying to re-create the original to much. Felt like Cabin in the Woods, minus the interesting bits.
  16. A

Todays METAL playlist

Mastodon - Leviathon!
  17. A

Thursday Tunes

All about Clutch today. Electric Worry is going to get me through this day.
  18. A

Vinyl only spin list

Can't post pics as I'm at work, but I got LCD Soundsystem's Sound of Silver and the new Baroness Maida Vale session vinyls in the post yesterday. I'm very happy with this.
Back
Top Bottom