Search results

1. VorlonFog

Today's AMERICANA playlist.

Burrito Deluxe - Disciples of the Truth - 2007
  2. VorlonFog

Morse T118

Also often named Electrophonic, rather than Morse. But Kent is absolutely correct. Lower-end, okay sound.
  3. VorlonFog

JBl tweeter

Any published opinions on that copy? My 4311s might be interested.
  4. VorlonFog

JBL 4311 Cabinet Restoration

Hope you love 'em, they should sound great!
  5. VorlonFog

Jbl 4331b

Original walnut looks great on vintage JBLs.
  6. VorlonFog

Kenwood KA-7100 Integrated amp, a good one?

In the KA-7100, it's a single transistor that drives the relay. Common failure. I can't believe the KA-7300 could be much more complex.
  7. VorlonFog

Kenwood KA-7100 Integrated amp, a good one?

Missed the KA-7100 from my college days so much I bought and refurbed one a couple of years ago. Beautiful amp, easy to service, and sounds great.
  8. VorlonFog

Audiokarma has a new look and feel

Congrats on a successful forum migration/upgrade!! :D
  9. VorlonFog

Replacing bulbs in vintage pioneer?

If you can use a soldering iron, you can replace bulbs. Contact @dgwojo here on AK for all your bulb needs.
  10. VorlonFog

Hafler P Series Amps Good for Hi-FI?

And if they've survived said "interesting lives" then it's solid evidence how reliable they are!!
  11. VorlonFog

preamp's "switched" outlets for turntable and crossover?

Total less than 100W? Shouldn't be any problem at all.
  12. VorlonFog

JBL 4301B Restoration

For those of us who are perpendicularly-challenged...
  13. VorlonFog

Just picked up a 7100 intergrated amp an nad 5025 tt for $140

That KA-7100 is one of the nicer integrated amps of its day. Aside from replacing the power supply caps, there's one switching transistor in the power supply that frequently fails. Search posts here for KA-7100 and you'll find it.
  14. VorlonFog

Speakers you will NEVER sell.

My JBL 4311 monitors
  15. VorlonFog

Scanned PDFs of Popular Electronics

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Popular-Electronics-Guide.htm Courtesy of AmericanRadioHistory.com by way of Hackaday.com :banana:
  16. VorlonFog

Experience With a/d/s Monitor B7 Speakers?

I still have an original pair of a/d/s B8 speakers, and they've always been amazing. The stereo imaging from the tweeters and the tight, well-defined bass are their strongest points.
  17. VorlonFog

Polk RTi A9 or Focal Chorus 826V

I have a pair of the RTi A9 as the front left and right in my home theatre room. They sound great and handle power very well, but really benefit from the addition of a sub-woofer. It's a shame they don't have the bass performance I expected at that price point.
  18. VorlonFog

JBL 4310 torn woofer FIX or REPLACE?

I second the recommendation of the coffee filter. Inexpensive, durable, and strong. PVA is poly-vinyl-alcohol. Thinning out some Aileen's Tacky Glue with a bit of water does a really good job bonding the filter to the cone.
  19. VorlonFog

Help me ID these speakers - Dynaco?

Just don't over-drive them with too much power or obnoxious listening levels, and they'll make you very happy.
  20. VorlonFog

Hafler XL-280 Upgrade

Musical Concepts PA-4 boards are a great upgrade, if you're willing to drop a few bucks and solder them in yourself.
  21. VorlonFog

"ELNA" music center?? Made in Japan

Elna supplied capacitors for many 70s solid state manufacturers, and also built many of the Kenwood/Trio units at the time. If my memory serves me correctly, anyway.
  22. VorlonFog

Dynaco Power Amp question for ya'll...

http://home.indy.net/~gregdunn/dynaco/components/ST400/chnl_fix.html
  23. VorlonFog

Hafler SR2600 Power Amp

600 wpc is ridiculously beefy. What speakers will you be driving with it?
  24. VorlonFog

a/d/s/ B7 speakers?

I have a pair of the B8 loudspeakers, and with the exception of the black vinyl exterior, their quality is stunning. The stereo imaging from the tweeters is perfect and the bass from the woofers is tight and sharp. As long as you've got 50 or 60 watts to push them, they'll sound terrific.
  25. VorlonFog

What are good 4 Ohm load home amps

See my avatar for my suggestion. :D
Back
Top Bottom