Search results

1. MAC TED

Feet don't fail me now.

I just recently saw on youtube that Mac has a new product called Ultra Feet. Anti-vibration feet to replace standard feet that come with Mac electronics. Has anyone here employed them on their Mac products?
  2. MAC TED

Gershman Grand Avant Garde

I purchased a pair of these remarkable speakers on Monday, 2/28/22 and have been playing the heck out of them since. The speakers are 36" tall, 12.5" wide, 12" deep. They weigh in at 85lbs. The frequency response is flat from 20-22,000. These are by far the best sounding speakers I've ever...
  3. MAC TED

Can't get enough of Walton Goggins?

Premiering in July on HBO is a the comedy series VICE PRINCIPALS. Co-starring Danny McBride (Eastbound & Down) and Walton Goggins (Justified, The Shield, Hateful Eight), it centers around 2 vice principals fighting to run their school. The teasers for this look hilarious.
  4. MAC TED

Another great artist has left us

Prince died this morning at his home. He was 57. No details at this time. R.I.P. and thank you for the wonderful music.
  5. MAC TED

NETFLIX HAS A VERY GOOD DOCUMENTARY SERIES

Recently added to Netflix is a well-researched documentary series called THE SIXTIES. It's 10 episodes long and last night I binged on the 1st five. It begins with the Kennedy assassination, followed by the Cuban missile crisis. Episode 3 is the civil rights' movement. 4 is an interesting look...
  6. MAC TED

The best kept secret on cable; Hap & Leonard

Just finished watching the 6th and last episode of this series on the Sundance channel. If you like the series JUSTIFIED, you should like this series. Based on the novels of Joe R. Lansdale, one of my favorite writers, each season will be based on each of his Hap & Leonard books. James Purefoy...
  7. MAC TED

VINYL

Just finished watching the two-hour premier. I'm hooked! Perfect for people like me who hate the Grammys.
  8. MAC TED

What is your favorite recording that was issued in 2015?

Please avoid listing reissues or compilations. My favorite, although there were many great releases in 2015, is CURRENTS by Tame Impala.
  9. MAC TED

Ricky Gerais hosts Golden Globes again.

The only reason to watch this gathering of self-important people is Ricky Gervais. He should host every one of these phony award shows. FARGO gets beat out by a show on PBS that hardly anyone has seen. Long live Ricky Gervais, the funniest man in the world. Keep the abuse coming.
  10. MAC TED

Mvp871 problem

Recently I inserted a hybrid (sacd/cd) disc in my 871. The player refuses to play the sacd layer even though I have it set up to do so. Instead it reads the cd layer. It reads everything else perfectly---cd's,cd-r's dvd's and dvd-audio. If I insert a dedicated sacd, like Dark Side of the Moon...
  11. MAC TED

Olive Kitteridge

A perfectly acted and written movie based on a Pulitzer winning novel. The film stars Frances McDormand and Richard Jenkins. I binged on the 4 hour mini series a couple nights ago on HBO ON DEMAND, because I couldn't stop watching. If there are two finer actors than Ms. McDormand and Mr. Jenkins...
  12. MAC TED

The Music Never Stopped

Just watched this fine film on Cinemax the other night. I had never heard of this movie before and the only reason I was attracted to it was in the description it stated there was a lot of 60's music involved. Well, there was a lot of 60's music, classic 60's music, but the music, unlike in...
  13. MAC TED

The Killing

One of the best cable series of the past 3 years was the underrated THE KILLING. For those fortunate enough to know the series, you might be interested to learn that the entire 4th and final season is now appearing on NETFLIX. I will definitely miss this crime drama.:tears:
  14. MAC TED

A movie for no seasons.

Just watched the movie JERSEY BOYS. My favor to all of you is to save your money on this turkey. I love THE FOUR SEASONS and I hope someday someone makes a great movie about them. This isn't the movie. Although the acting was pretty good, the writing, the pace, and the direction were awful...
  15. MAC TED

Matthew McConaughey…….

is on the verge of winning a doubleheader. No actor, in the same year, has ever won best actor OSCAR and the best actor EMMY, but this may happen this year. According to those in the know, McConaughey is the front-runner for EMMY best actor for his role in the excellent series TRUE DETECTIVE...
  16. MAC TED

Oscars tonight

celebrating a year of, for the most part, boring films. And who better to MC a night of boring movies than the terribly boring and mediocre Ellen Degeneris(i don't care if it's spelled correctly.) This is the year they should of hired Ricky Gervais.:boring:
  17. MAC TED

True Detective on HBO

After watching the 1st episode of True Detective on HBO, I believe HBO has another winner on it's hands. With a cast that includes Matthew Mcconaughhey and Woody Harrelson combined with excellent writing and directing, this could turn into the best drama on tv. Also, it didn't hurt that the...
Back
Top Bottom