Search results

1. Hofvox

What can I do

Great ideas from everyone but if you want something on the "CHEAP", I have used these for over 12 years or so when I needed a little extra control over the high frequencies on some of the older Mac Bass/Treble only controls. You can find these Mackies or Behringers on Musicians Friends or...
  2. Hofvox

RIP Terry DeWick

Terry, you will be missed and thank you from the bottom of all of our hearts for being our point person on McIntosh equipment for all these years. You will be in our prayers.
  3. Hofvox

Need Missing McIntosh C32 Integrated Circuits Equivalents

The specific C32 Ribbon Kits that were allocated for sale have been depleted for over 8 months now. No possible plans for another run due to high cost and without renewing the original legal agreement with McIntosh. Sorry........... the last quantities were sold to Cherish44 Audio repair and...
  4. Hofvox

Grateful Dead Poster Limited to 250

Be it an ugly poster or you are not a Dead Head, the fact that it is McIntosh, Limited Edition, Signed by the Artist is enough for folks to just buy and flip. Anyone who would pass up making $600 + profit in a 12 day period should really relook how they invested their money. I can't think of...
  5. Hofvox

Well, at 2:00PM Eastern time today 14 Dec 2023, McIntosh put up for sale the last remaining Dead Head posters. At 5 seconds after 2:00PM, they were sold out ! Oh Man !!!!
  6. Hofvox

Well, after reviewing this video it is probably worth all of $200 original price and then some. The artist put a lot of love into making this happen. I am not a Dead Head but take a look at the Artist's Video.
  7. Hofvox

MCINTOSH MA 6100 restoration, questions : on the main power transistors .

You are welcome. Hayseed makes a good can replacement.
  8. Hofvox

Well, it appears there are some serious GD / McIntosh fans that missed out on a goldmine. This EBay auction hit $500 AND 6 DAYS LEFT!
  9. Hofvox

MA6100 maintenance

Dana65, it appears that link has expired. You can see everything I see by searching on Google. Send me your email I will get these out to you. The one site was from Hudson Audio but I have it in a file I can send. Thanks
  10. Hofvox

Gary, ditto on liking the Grateful Dead Head. I thought I had my order in "But" I hit a dead zone on my cell phone before I could hit pay. Oh well...... .
  11. Hofvox

Was anyone fortunate enough to buy one? I tried at 2:20 yesterday and they were sold out. YEEKS!
  12. Hofvox

An elegant solution to the power strip

The Black Amazon Remotes look great and no you can't order with McIntosh Logo. My question would be if using multiple ones, is each module made with their own specific frequency? I have used this (3) pack remotes by Harbor Freight with my garage McIntosh system and tools. Remote #1 is the...
  13. Hofvox

An elegant solution to the power strip

I ordered mine with the Optional lighted Logo. I can't wait !
  14. Hofvox

Need On/Off Switch for McIntosh MC2200

You wrote: "I am attempting to purchase a power switch from a seller on eBay, but am unable to do so for some reason" Simple phone call to eBay but it may be: (A) Your Feedback number Negs or Neutrals, (B) Shipping address restrictions, (C) You are placed on their Bidder Block list, (D) Don't...
  15. Hofvox

MQ112 - finally!

I got a spot for it ! That puppy will go between my MX136 Front L+R and the MC207 channels. That way I can listen to my Stereo sound vs my kids home theater stuff.
  16. Hofvox

MQ112 - finally!

I like meters ! I ordered my MQ112 and the Headphones with the "Optional Meters" ! ;)
  17. Hofvox

I dread this --- input RCA replacement -- MC2505

Materials: A) 2x Male to Female RCA Adapter, B) Soldering Iron, C) Solder, D) Screwdriver Well, here is my 2 cents with a temporary fix until you have time to replace. Tin and apply a thin coat of solder to the very tip of the male end of the RCA Male to Female adapter. Open up your unit...
  18. Hofvox

McIntosh MX-136 OSD setup trouble.

Bob, it was fun helping you with trouble shooting your system. The MX136 is my favorite unit and I know "EVERY" nuance of this processor and can navigate those menus in my sleep. Those MX processors like yours and mine (MX136) can be purchased for real cheap ($1200 + - ) and it is an...
  19. Hofvox

McIntosh MX-136 OSD setup trouble.

Ditto on MACKIE1975 post. Back in the day when I called McIntosh for some assistance they recommended using the Composite "A" monitor out. Use a standard cheap RCA cable between the monitor and the "A" monitor out. You don't need a composite cable as you are looking for Menu Options which is...
  20. Hofvox

Reaching out to MX136 owners - Settings

OK, MX136 owners..... please chime in. IF YOU NEVER GOTTEN INTO THE MX136 MENUS, then no need to respond. During my set up about 10-12 years ago of my MX136, I was given some good advice by McIntosh to use a small monitor via the "Monitor A" RCA out. What connector do other MX136 owners...
  21. Hofvox

C32 Ribbon Kit - Requesting Feedback - Thanks

Heads up everyone with a C32. We just released our last reserve quantity of C32 Ribbon Kits to Audio Classics. Should you need a Ribbon Kit, please obtain them from Steve of Audio Classics. Thanks
  22. Hofvox

watts bulb replacement MC 2205 power amp

Just my opinion.............. 1) You don't have to remove the front glass. I have re-lamped over 40 pieces. Use long Hemostats to hold the hex standoff in place while taking off the nut. 2) DO NOT go with the LEDs for the lamp board as they don't look quite right. Besides new...
  23. Hofvox

MC2205 ribbon cable replacement

Richard, your cable was sent last week 1st class mail (little box) so it should be there by now. You know I did the LED thing on the MC2205 lamp board and I did not like the way the LEDs came through the milky white filter onto the green filter. As far as the Clipping incandescent lamps, they...
  24. Hofvox

MC2205 ribbon cable replacement

I have 4 pieces remaining and these will be back up on Ebay around the 11th of Dec 2022. End of the line as I won't be ordering more pieces. The next McIntosh collector can order 20 pieces as that is the minimum order and now it is a 6-8 week wait time from Aries.
Back
Top Bottom