Search results

1. DarkAudit

Today's Progressive Rock Tunes

Got to keep the backup system going... Happy the Man - s/t 1977 Arista AL 4120
  2. DarkAudit

Genesis - Wind and Wuthering 1978 reissue Atco SD 38-100
  3. DarkAudit

Today's classical playlist

Brahms - 16 Hungarian Dances Antal Dorati - London Symphony 1966 Mercury Living Presence MG 50437 He kinda lost me at No. 5. Too damn fast. He never takes his foot off the gas for the slower sections.
  4. DarkAudit

We rejoin our hero later that same day, after he braved opening day at the new Popeyes...
  5. DarkAudit

Got this one at Jerry's on Thursday. It is now the oldest LP in my collection. Looked in better shape than it sounded. So now it's gone in for wood glue treatment.
  6. DarkAudit

By far the thinnest record in my collection... Carl Orff - Carmina Burana Seji Ozawa - Boston Symphony 1970 RCA Red Seal LSC-3161
  7. DarkAudit

Today's freak out! Psychedelic rock tunes.

The chords on Today are just yummy. Surprising that an original would sound this good...
  8. DarkAudit

Found both of these on Friday at Attic in Pittsburgh... and then...
  9. DarkAudit

Shure m97xe question

Shure recommends 1.75g with the brush down. Where are you getting your numbers from?
  10. DarkAudit

Christmas Music, What are you playing?

Where did you find these? And before I forget...
  11. DarkAudit

Today's Frank Zappa Playlist

Just arrived...
  12. DarkAudit

Sherwood RX-4109 Receiver

Okay, you got me beat. I got my RX-4109 for $15 at an estate sale in 2013. Worked well for me for a few months until that SA-600 popped up on Craigslist. I've since passed it on to my sister along with my spare SL-D2 turntable.
  13. DarkAudit

Who else here runs vintage Technics speakers?

I should have found this thread ages ago. I've been running these SB-G400s for three years now...
  14. DarkAudit

Got a digital scale - Yikes!

Were the instructions properly translated? I just got a little piece of paper in both Chinese and English, and the instructions for calibration did not match what the device was doing. Mine was the Neoteck branded version.
  15. DarkAudit

16. DarkAudit

Got a digital scale - Yikes!

I bought the Neoteck branded version of that scale. Yikes! indeed. The English translation on the little instruction card was barely legible or comprehensible. The scale would go to FULL immediately after turning on. Pressing the tare button did nothing. It would just go to FULL again. The...
  17. DarkAudit

Today's SOUL Playlist

A little bit noisy, a little bit rough looking, but still a keeper. Found at Jerry's in Pittsburgh yesterday. Original issue mono.
  18. DarkAudit

2016 Christmas music, what are you listening to thread!

So there's at least two of us with the Los Straitjackets album! :D
  19. DarkAudit

Show us your Technics stuff

I don't know any Ohio repair shops, but if you're close to Pittsburgh there's Galaxie Electronics. He did the repairs on my SA-600 and SA-404. :D
  20. DarkAudit

Today's JAZZ playlist

21. DarkAudit

Today's JAZZ playlist

Sunday morning after work I took a little trip back to 1959... Followed by...
  22. DarkAudit

Audio Technica AT-LP120USB Super Mod Thread

The only modification done to the 1200 was done by the shop I bought it from to make the grounding internal. No extra wire to attach to the receiver. I pulled the preamp from the LP120, replaced the slipmat with a 1/4" rubber mat (from when KAB still sold the "supermat"), the upgraded...
  23. DarkAudit

2016 Christmas music, what are you listening to thread!

The 1968 reissue of the 1966 reissue of the 1948 album...
Back
Top Bottom