Search results

1. holyman772

Sony TC-K501 ES - Not much info...Worth fixing up?

Purchased this deck for peanuts a while back and it’s been sitting idle. Tapes will play in both directions for a few seconds and stop. Maybe go a few more seconds in FF/RW and stop. Never connected it to a receiver or pre. Service manual is available. Built in 86. Being an ES I have to figure...
  2. holyman772

Curb Find - Genesis Physics 1

Almost didn’t stop but glad I did. Cabs are the vinyl wrap but in nice shape. Perfect grilles. Original green foam drivers that need a refoam. Haven’t checked to see if the drivers work but I have no reason to suspect they don’t. My quick research suggests these are nice sounding speakers...
  3. holyman772

Beatles media experts...what have I got here?

At a warehouse/estate sale this morning I was sifting through boxes of music, all different kinds of media, and came across this. I've gotten into a habit of buying anything Beatles thats reasonably priced because there always seems to be someone out there looking for it. Anywho, went to...
  4. holyman772

Wollensak 3M 6250 or TEAC A-1230

I already have both of these machines in my possession. They both "work" and are in similar condition. I want to get the deserved one tuned up for playback/record duty in one of my systems. I realize that neither deck is top of the line, and I'm not looking for a better deck unless there is...
  5. holyman772

Magnavox CP251M thrift store find - sans turntable

Picked this up today for a song. Dates to the mid fifties based off some some quick searches. It was missing the turntable, but I was planning to convert it to record storage. Tube amp, tubes and coax speakers are still in place. Just wondering if the consensus is to find a donor record...
  6. holyman772

How did I blow up my Soundcraftsmen MA5002?

OK, blown up is an exaggeration, but I did find a way to get it protection mode (overload lights on for both A and B channels and an intermittent blinking clipping indicator) which does seem pretty common for these amps. I was planning on getting it serviced anyway so I'm not too bummed out...
  7. holyman772

AIWA 7700 Receiver - any info?

I saw one of these at a flea market in really nice shape. Was able to audition it with some Boston Speakers and a CD changer that was hooked up. Everything seems to work fine. A little crackle in the volume pot. Guy wants to sell as a package but I only want the receiver. Can't find much...
  8. holyman772

Only available in Cans ;-)

I have a new appreciation for my over the ear headphones today. Been listening with buds at work a lot lately just because its easier and I dont have to field questions about my big old headphones. Anyway, I'm home today and was listening to playlist I've heard dozens of times with my cans on...
  9. holyman772

Is this normal? Power is off music still plays for 5-6 seconds

Just as the title says. Seems freaky that its longer than 1-2 seconds. Here's what I have. Several sources (phono, CD, tape) hooked into a Sansui 2000x that I am using as a preamp/tuner out to a pair of SWTP 207/A solid state monoblocks to Technics SB6000A speakers. I am using a monster...
  10. holyman772

SB6000A vs MCS 8228 - finally off the pot

Had both pairs of these set up in a space and been A/B ing for a while but decided its time to pick a pair and stick with them. I like them both. I don't have room for both pairs (set up or in storage). So I decided today to draw a line in the sand and part ways with one of them. Many...
  11. holyman772

Monster AVR - Denon AVR-5805

I picked this up last night as part of a lot of AV gear from a older couple who is moving/downsizing this week. I scored some nice pieces of A/V gear that I am really excited about, but I really have no need for this AVR. It is an unbelievable beast weighing about 100 pounds. Was hooked up...
  12. holyman772

Love the midrange - maybe I've finally grown up

As a youngster, I always used an eq of some sort in auto and home audio setups and employed the "smiley face" approach to setting the the controls with heavy emphasis on frequencies below 100 and above 2500. Over time, I've noticed a general shift to the middle across the whole frequency range...
  13. holyman772

New to me Toshiba SR-355 - not much info out there

I picked up this turntable on Friday for $25 sans cart/stylus. Heavy as hell - over 20 lbs. Nice dust cover, feet, etc. Plugged it in and it spins up quickly and holds speed well but didn't hook it up for an audition yet. It has a Rotel head shell that I don't have any info on. I have a...
  14. holyman772

SONY TC-C521 Casette Changer

I've searched high and low on this forum and poked around the web for a bit and have found almost nothing about this unit. I just picked one up today for $5 from a local CL'er. Seems like a neat piece. Works but I didn't get a chance to play with it yet. Most, if not all, of those listed on...
  15. holyman772

1000+ LP Score - Is there an easy way?

I posted on the Latest Addition (LP) thread the other day about this score and I noticed that posters a few above mine had some unfamiliar (to me) titles that were also in the lot I scored (Jesus Christ Superstar, Harold Melvin, Blackbyrd, etc.)...
  16. holyman772

Help with a Lafayette LR-775

I bought this from a thrift for $4. Took it home, hooked it up and got some decent sound from the FM but it seems muted. Volume has to be all the way up to get to "listenable levels" The unit gets really good FM reception. But the FM stereo light does not work, and while the tuning meter...
  17. holyman772

Tandy/Pioneer combo - Hudson Valley CL

Someone in Hudson Valley should snag this Tandy/Pioneer combo. Seller lists as fair condition but I dont think he knows what he's got on his hands. http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/ele/4583041579.html
  18. holyman772

HK-505 Integrated worth $65?

I stumbled upon an HK-505 at an indoor flea market. It was in a stack of gear and had some scratches and dings. All knobs and switches seemed in tact but the shaft on the treble pot was bent a little - could tell when it was turned back and forth. These seem to be well regarded twin powered...
  19. holyman772

Boston CL - Onkyo TX4500 MKII

No affil. May be a great find for someone who's willing to tinker http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/ele/4523839749.html
  20. holyman772

Is this even worth considering?

This morning I picked up a 2nd pair of Sansui SP-X9000 speakers that were in fair shape as I needed a midrange and one of the horn tweeters to replace some bad ones in a set of near mint 9000's. One of the shortcomings of these units (and many kabuki speakers) is the undersized cabinet that...
  21. holyman772

Polk RTA 12 I think....are they worth it?

No affiliation. Post doesn't do much to describe the condition. These look like the earlier version of the 12s. http://utica.craigslist.org/ele/4348109398.html
  22. holyman772

Damn I feel old

I was making arrangements with a local CL seller to purchese a lot of vinyl and was getting the addess and learned it was about an hour from my house. One of my co workers lives nearby so I asked him to make the exchange for me. His instructions were simple...give the nice old lady $40 and...
  23. holyman772

Technics SB-6000A project?

For you Technics SB series fans. This is a listing on CL in central NY. Seems like with a little TLC these things may be good to go. No grills top or front. I know the tweeters alone can fetch big money if they are working properly. No affiliation...
  24. holyman772

Sansui SP X9000 midrange went silent last night

So, I went to hook these up to audition for a family member who wants to buy them from me and I noticed that one of the midrange speakers wasn't working. It was working fine a couple weeks ago. Hooked up to an SX-650 that works very well. I haven't had a chance to get in there and take a look...
  25. holyman772

KEF 104/2 project?

Stumbled upon this listing in the Rochester, NY area. Been up nearly a month. Was surprised to see how these speakers were treated. But apparently sound good according to the listing. Be a nice project for someone in the area. http://rochester.craigslist.org/ele/4247084919.html
Back
Top Bottom