Search results

1. V

McIntosh MR 71 tube tuner baffling no stereo sound mono ok please help!

Hi McIntosh fm tube tuner experts , I am having a problem with my MR 71 tuner tube sound is not coming in stereo all tube tested on tube tester all checked ok , tried 3-4 different 6U6 , 6CGH6 and 12AU7A in mpx section with no luck ! The strange thing is everything else works great! All. Almost...
  2. V

Yamaha PX-3 tonearm not lifting at end of play

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a used Yamaha PX-3 linear tracking turntable , cleaned all the switches and tape transport I even replaced all electrolytic Capacitors on the main board except the two 1000uf/35v and one 470uf/35v as I did not have the correct voltage although I do have the...
  3. V

SANSUI 1000A OUTPUT TRANSFORMER 5124 HELP

Hi everyone , can anyone help me find a replacement audio output transformer shown in pic, this is inside 1st generation SANSUI 1000A TUBE Receiver with only 1 bias adjust pot , one side of primary is open yellow to blue shows infinity , orange to blue shows 168 ohm if the primary was ok the...
  4. V

nakamichi bx 300 cassette deck very RARE! control motor problem please help!

hi everyone. I am having a very rare and strange control motor problem in my Nakamichi BX 300 cassette deck, , this control motor moves the heads mechanism up and down when play is pressed and also switch the reel motors in fwd and rewind. The problem is that when you turn on the power you...
  5. V

PLEASE HELP! SANSUI 5000 RECEIVER NO FM SOUND, FM SIGNAL METER AND STEREO LIGHT WORK

Please HELP! there is no fm sound from my sansui 5000 receiver, the strange thing is the the stereo light is working so is the fm signal strength the fm station centering meters are working , the only audio I hear is the hum from the right channel no static noise, I read in a forun the the 3rd...
  6. V

MY SONY TA 5650 VFET INT AMP THE SPEAKER RELAY IS NOT CLICKING PLEASE HELP!

HI sony VFET experts, I purchased a sony ta 5650 vfet amp in which the relay is not clicking and hence no sound out put , all vfet were removed and tested per sony service bulletin on hifi engine when I got the amp and all tested ok, also all electrolytic capacitors have been replaced on every...
  7. V

mcintosh mac 1900 receiver driver board transistors numbers needed please help!

hi guys! I rebuilding my mac 1900 audio output driver boards I need the transistors and diode actual values, the service manual just have mcintosh part numbers but not the actual numbers, any kind help will be appreciated i need the actual values for Q 401/402 pnp transistor silicon mcintosh...
  8. V

my mcintosh mac 1900 keeps blowing 5 amp fuses!

hi everyone, this is continuation of thread that I started in year 2009! when I first posted about this receiver and then let this receiver aside in my basement and after all these years have only now! find time to work on it again, does any mcintosh expert know why it keeps blowing 5 a fuses...
  9. V

HELP! with sony TA 5650 vfet intergrated amp power supply not working

HI guys! :) I need help fixing the power supply of the ta 5650 vfet integrated amp, when i brought it from the estate of the original owner I appears that he/she probably purchased it overseas as it has removable ac plug and world wide voltage, also its looks like new! Before connecting it...
  10. V

Sansui 1000a tube receiver need close up pics of power supply

Hi I cut wires connected to the high voltage capacitors i.e multi section cap having 200uf/300v x2 , 20uf/500v x 3, 20uf/400v x4 a longtime ago and was waiting to get new caps to arrive but I cant figure out where the wires go , the schematics in not a help as it does not show the polarity of...
  11. V

Sansui 1000a tube receiver need close up pics of power supply

HI everyone, I need REAL CLOSE UP pics of the power supply large metal caps showing where each wires on the terminals of the caps as I cut them a few years ago and forgot , I have the schematics from the service manual but its very confusing as it does not show the - or + sign next to the...
  12. V

Fisher x 202b volume control wiring help

Hi , I need a real upclose picture of wires hooked to the vol pot of the fisher x202, I got my fisher many years ago and the owner for some reason had disconnected all the wires connected to this volume control. I was able to connect wires using the schematics in the service manul but its still...
  13. V

Pioneer sx 1250 receiver stablizer board not working please help!

HI Everyone , I too am trying to rebuild my pioneer sx 1250 and I am having problem with the stabilizer board . The voltages readings on my stabilizer board are way off from normal I don't have + 65 and -65 volts and a few transistors on this board get shorted or open when the stabilizer board...
  14. V

Pioneer sx 1250 receiver stablizer board not working please help!

HI Everyone , I too am trying to rebuild my pioneer sx 1250 and I am having problem with the stabilizer board . The voltages readings on my stabilizer board are way off from normal I don't have + 65 and -65 volts and a few transistors on this board get shorted or open when the stabilizer board...
  15. V

No stereo sound from rare mcintosh mx 114 solid state stereo tuner

HI Everyone, I am not getting any stereo sound from my McIntosh mx-114 rare solid state fm only tuner pre-amplifier. All the transistors on the MPX Board check out ok! I have the service manual. I have read that the tuner is similar to MR 74. The signal path uses a single telefunken 6HU6 magic...
  16. V

MAC 1900 reciever keeps on blowing 5A fuses

Hi everyone, My MAC 1900 RECEIVER keeps on blowing 5A protection fuses and shorting the power output transistors in the process. I have the service manual. The strange thing is all the voltages in the power supply except the 110 volt(this shows 150v on digital meter) line is within specs. The...
  17. V

Paco Sa 40 El 84 Tube Int Stereo Amp Need Help!!

HI, I have a Paco Model SA 40 tube integrated stereo amp that has EL 84 tubes four of them in the audio output, with 7199 probably as phase splitters and three 12ax7s in pre-amp section. The problem is I am getting very distored sound that comes in bursts then stop altogether, cleaning all the...
Back
Top Bottom