Search results

1. impeculies

What is it with ADS speakers that some folks are so high on?

Thank you Garry. The 1590's do help with WAF versus the 1530's. My wife wasn't partial to the 1230's when I had them...just show her you are thinking about a pair of VOTT A7's, that will calm her down...lol. - Jason
  2. impeculies

What is it with ADS speakers that some folks are so high on?

Listening to my L1590's with unknown brand of outriggers. This is my 6th pair of ADS speakers over 11 years as an audio goofball. I've owned more than 40 pairs of speaker in that time, AR9's, La Scalla, Cornwall, JBL L250ti and so on. The ADS L1590's by and far amaze me. The clarity, space...
  3. impeculies

Boise Idaho AK Spring Meet Sunday, 29 April

Finally have the Sonic Frontiers SFS-80 installed, running the AR's for a few days. I'm very impressed with this amp, I was a little worried it might not have the power reserves to run the AR's at my preferred playback levels...I need not worry. There is some great synergy going on with this...
  4. impeculies

Pacific Northwest's AK'er's...Sign-in Please!!

Newest Eagle ID member already absorbing some of the vintage gear in the vicinity. I enjoy helping relieve excessive gear pressure ownership, many wives are grateful to see me walking out the front door with your old gear in tow....and nothing new is returning in. :rflmao:
  5. impeculies

Burson amp update: well, after all sorts of swapping shenanigans, the Burson's are going to get replaced with another tested pair from Chris and Glenn at Parts Connexion. Somehow, the pair I have cannot switch into bridged mode while running XLR - they literally go into thermal meltdown...
  6. impeculies

Those AR9's did blow away my expectations, certainly don't judge a speaker on its cabinet :naughty:
  7. impeculies

My little new Burson Timekeepers came in today! Super cool little Aussie's.
  8. impeculies

Well, I guess I remembered my password and user name after all. Howdy gents, great meeting most of you this afternoon. Now you have me looking for Dalquist DQ30's on top of a laundry list of other 1980 and 90's speakers. Looks like I have some updating to do on my account.
  9. impeculies

How many of Us own more than 100 pairs of speakers??

Highest number of pairs I reached was late last year at 8 pairs. Unfortunately for my poor wife, it only took 5 of them to fill the garage. I was going through a total vintage kick and ran into a once in a lifetime string of good fortune. I was able to pick up a excellent pair of Altec...
  10. impeculies

New Tekton Seas Pendragon's in British Racing Green

Moved to a new home and needed to change to slimmer speakers from my Cornwall's. Decided to give Eric Alexander's product a try, had the Clarity Cap upgrades and super robust outriggers from Soundcity added. Initial impressions are very good, happy that I am not missing anything from top to...
  11. impeculies

I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas morning...

Congratulations, those look almost as good as they probably sound :-) One of these days I will put the Selenium 408 in my Cornwall's. Like another said before, you can stop searching for speaker's now and focus on amplification. Cheers to you.
  12. impeculies

Cornwall's with First Watt amps?

Thank you for sharing, I wondered if the J2 and the revealing ZU's would be too much of a good thing? I do not want to start a heated argument over the validity of McIntosh gear, I've gone through a few with my Cornwalls, for me the Balanced Audio Technologies was the amp to beat. With a few...
  13. impeculies

Curious with your ZU's, how is the bass compared to your Cornwalls? I am a ZU fan too, never exactly followed through on a purchase, but came darn close to the latest Omen Def MKII. But of course, with the Cornwalls modified, I just cannot see going down that route. Thanks for the post, glad...
  14. impeculies

A few questions about the Crites upgrades

I completely agree with Grizzog and have the same experience with my Cornwalls and Crites updates. More open, smoother with excellent layering. Not too mention the fact that the price of used Klipsch with Crites updates compares very favorably with any 4 figure modern speakers out there. You...
  15. impeculies

I have the 81' Cornwalls with Crites tweeters, woofers and networks, I just added a First Watt J2 amplifier with 25 watts - WOW! While the bottom end is a little leaner coming off of my BAT VK-250, the middle and upper end is absolutely the best thing I have heard in my system to date. Just...
  16. impeculies

Crites vs ALK crossovers- opinions for a Forte I update

For the money, Crites gets it done. I replaced the network and tweeters in my 81' Cornwalls and the difference was well worth the price of admission. Cleaner sound and a little more top end air. However, I also agree with living with your speakers for long enough to really know the music you...
  17. impeculies

How many watts do you feed your Klipsches?

Completely agree - I'm running a BAT VK-250se that puts out 150w per side, yet I seriously doubt I can handle 10 full watts :no:, but this ensures it remains in high bias class A, sounds sweet and detailed to me :thmbsp: It's always nicer to have the extra H.P., one never knows when speaker...
  18. impeculies

Can of Worms! KLIPSCH "pecking order" ?

Hear Hear! :thmbsp: Listening to my clear coat 81' Cornwall's right now. I have tried two different vintage pairs of Heresy's and 81' La Scalla's, they were too nasally for my likes. Cornwall's = just right :yes: - for my listening space anyhow. I should also mention I had a pair of CF-4's for...
  19. impeculies

Totem Hawks on their way - Rogue Sphinx or Cronus Magnum?

Congratulations on your new Hawks, those are beautiful speakers and you should be plenty happy with them. I ran a 90W Marantz PM15S2 with great effect to my Totem Fires. I cannot comment about yours or other models, but there was no such thing as listener fatigue with these, I actually had the...
  20. impeculies

Totem Element Fire

Thanks Art, as many who have heard these have said, they do not sound like what one would think, they have a speed to them that is uncanny. It is a funny statement to make, but even Bob Marley sounds faster on these...:D
  21. impeculies

Totem Element Fire

Howdy all, I have my gorgeous new (demo) pair of Totem Element Fire set up and rocking out to some various Flac files. So far not a single genre doesn't sound good on these...I've owned a lot of metal dome speakers, but I have to hand it to Totem, they have these babies dialed in. No, I did...
  22. impeculies

Totem Dreamcatchers

+1 for you
  23. impeculies

Ragnarok getting closer - priced at $1500

Wow, fantastic, bring on the statement DAC already :D I log into their site at least once a month to see what is going on with this company - what a great model for other American Mid-fi businesses to look to. Thank you for sharing this info - great looking amp, especially at its price point.
  24. impeculies

Bookshelf Recommendations

Interesting Selection - I am sure we can make it harder on you :D 1. Ascend Acoustics Sierra 1 2. Totem Rainmakers 3. Philharmonitor - although with shipping it would put you slightly over, but you get a ribbon tweeter :yes:
  25. impeculies

So what are ya listening to tonight?

Just picked up and ripping now...
Back
Top Bottom