Search results

1. impeculies

New Tekton Seas Pendragon's in British Racing Green

Moved to a new home and needed to change to slimmer speakers from my Cornwall's. Decided to give Eric Alexander's product a try, had the Clarity Cap upgrades and super robust outriggers from Soundcity added. Initial impressions are very good, happy that I am not missing anything from top to...
  2. impeculies

Cornwall's with First Watt amps?

I have the 81' Cornwalls with Crites tweeters, woofers and networks, I just added a First Watt J2 amplifier with 25 watts - WOW! While the bottom end is a little leaner coming off of my BAT VK-250, the middle and upper end is absolutely the best thing I have heard in my system to date. Just...
  3. impeculies

Totem Element Fire

Howdy all, I have my gorgeous new (demo) pair of Totem Element Fire set up and rocking out to some various Flac files. So far not a single genre doesn't sound good on these...I've owned a lot of metal dome speakers, but I have to hand it to Totem, they have these babies dialed in. No, I did...
  4. impeculies

Marantz PM15S2 Ltd. Edition - Getting Better with Age

Howdy, I just thought I would shout out to the Marantz PM15S2 Ltd Edition that I see continuing to drop in price at retailers like Music Direct or relative bargain finds on eBay. I've had mine for nearly a year and it continues to amaze me. I would have to say it is becoming like a fine wine...
  5. impeculies

Musical Fidelity M1 SDAC - Music Direct bargain at 53% off MSRP

Greetings fellow Aker’s, up for your perusal is my review of the Musical Fidelity M1 SDAC. At $800 off the original MSRP, and me missing my Eastern Electric Minimax DAC Plus :tears:, I had to the pull the trigger. Has anyone else given it a whirl...
  6. impeculies

My review of the KEF R300 Bookshelf speakers

Greetings fellow AKer's. I spent a long time agonizing over what to replace my Monitor Audio RX8's with, and I can say I finally landed a pair of speakers that continue to make me happy with their performance. I wrote a rather lengthy explanation for the why, how and what. I do not see much...
Back
Top Bottom