Search results

1. Magnetar

Horn Dispersion 90/40 or 40/20

90 by 40 is short throw, 40 by 20 is long throw. What probably will work best in this room is 60 by 40 JBL 2385
  2. Magnetar

Fishing for interest for a NE Ohio get together

We are meeting again April 15
  3. Magnetar

Horns

If you don't have anything of value to sy why do you say t? Are you a troll or just an idiot?
  4. Magnetar

Horns

The neighbor lady blows me if that's what you mean. Other than that they share their bud and beers.
  5. Magnetar

Horns

What does that have to do with my playback system?
  6. Magnetar

Horns

Multi-amped - DIY crossover ect low bass - 40 cycles down - 1/8th space mono front bass horn 18 inch jbl 2242, rear corner dual 18 mono bass - six 15 inch bass drivers per channel 40-80 cycles with four 8 inch per channel floor loaded couplers- stereo upper bass low midrange - fane studio 10m...
  7. Magnetar

Horns

hello, what information are you looking for
  8. Magnetar

Horns

9. Magnetar

Magnepan speakers and bass slap - is it possible to fix?

You can tighten the mylar with a hair dryer. Just be careful not to burn the plastic
  10. Magnetar

Cleveland ohio

Ears and Beers is dormant but I think I can revive it if there is any interest :)
  11. Magnetar

Fishing for interest for a NE Ohio get together

Maybe in late March on a weekend - I'm in Uniontown between Akron and Canton. Please reply here if you're interested. We used to have what we called Ears & Beers but that has faded. Typically it's a small gathering, food, beer, audio talk and lots of music listening. I have a fully horn loaded...
  12. Magnetar

I can't win

Yes, what you could have done is not except the seller's offer because the products were not as described and the seller refused to refund the purchase price, shipping and return shipping. Why should you pay to ship something back that was not as promised? Ebay says escalate it to a claim. When...
  13. Magnetar

I can't win

Ebay will pay your shipping back by sending you a return shipping label if you go through their money back return procedure.
  14. Magnetar

Best Midrange on the Planet

15. Magnetar

Pics of your listening space

yes, the posts in question is somebody asked if it was possible to even buy a part (exotic hard to find if not impossible) so i placed a link to where it could be bought. I rarely sell anything audio related i am a hoarder. :) Now that I know this is a business web site that gets it's revenue...
  16. Magnetar

Thanks! - Last time I posted something at this website somebody showed up and said we don't allow links to outside sales sources and deleted my posts so I wasn't exactly sure what I had going on here. The system is an ever evolving DIY speaker build to satisfy my lust for the most realistic...
  17. Magnetar

Who's we? Thread is titled "Pics of your listening space' that's what you have in the post. what particular question do you have about the pics?
  18. Magnetar

Stargate 6 Horn System
  19. Magnetar

All about Realism

20. Magnetar

Ears & Beers Ohio

One week to go Saturday March 8 Ears & Beers NE Ohio audio and music lovers invited. Starts at 4PM - PM for diections or questions. Thanks
  21. Magnetar

Speaker sensitivity list

Stargate 6 - 108 db with one watt at 4 feet
  22. Magnetar

JBL 4435 Biamp Question / Tube vs Solid State

Rewire the twin woofers where you can biamp the pair put the VTL's on the upper and the crowns on the lower woofer. Above 1000 any of those tube amps should be plenty - in other word triamp - you could biamp and use a y connector to the VTL and crow amp where you still use the lowpass JBL...
  23. Magnetar

What I mean is a full range horn system is like having a rhino in your room. You need to to know how to keep it under control. The right food, the exercise it gets, the way you pet it to keep it calm. It can be the best pet in the world but takes much effort and is wholly impractical to all but...
  24. Magnetar

"Someone that knows what their doing" - That's my point, you can't know what you're doing until you've built, tuned, and understand what happens when you do what with what for what result.. Most people that build horn systems to start are stabbing in the dark. Most can't really define what they...
  25. Magnetar

Hello, I've been messing with the horn system for like 20 years. Starting from scratch would probably take that long today seeing there really hasn't been any major advances. These midrange drivers are the biggest advancement I've had since I built my first bass horns.
Back
Top Bottom