Search results

1. thedudedigs

Ampex 6973 restoration project

Hey there fellow travelers, I just acquired a pair of Ampex 6973 mono blocks. They appear to be in great original shape, but I want to replace caps and put an on/off switch, and power lamp on them (at least). But I know next to nothing about any of this. Actually, after looking closely one of...
  2. thedudedigs

Any Arkansans out there?

I'm in central Arkansas, and would like to know if anyone else from Arkansas is out there for trading/buying/selling purposes.
  3. thedudedigs

anyone been disappointed with their Crites upgrades?

I've heard tons of people who rave about how Bob Crites' titanium upgrades have taken their Klipsch gear to new levels. I've never heard upgraded gear. But I've also heard one guy (a guy I personally know and trust) say that he witnessed an upgrade take place live and everyone quietly...
  4. thedudedigs

I gave Analog Engineering Associates my Sansui 1000a

I've had a Sansui 1000a for some time that I've been afraid to turn on because of old caps. I've decided to send it to them for a cleaning and recap. They said that it'd be a three month turn around on the project. I can't wait to actually get it back and put it through its paces (without...
  5. thedudedigs

How to select a replacement tweeter (without knowing specs) Norman Lab Model 10

I snagged a pair of Norman Lab Model 10's that needed some TLC. I repaired the surrounds on one and recapped it. It sounds swell. The other, has a blown tweeter. I have no idea, and haven't been able to find any specs on the crossover or tweeter. I replaced a tweeter before, with less...
  6. thedudedigs

Odd speaker issue (what to do with a Frazier full-range horn).

never mind, I got my money back on them. I'd delete this thread if there was a delete option on edit.
  7. thedudedigs

Sansui 1000a restoration advice

I got a fully functional sansui1000a a couple of years ago. It's in great shape, but has never been serviced. Every knob turn is scratchy and although it plays, I don't really want to even plug it in with all those old caps waiting to crap out (it being of the ancient tube sort of gear)...
  8. thedudedigs

Are my old pioneer speakers unbeatable?

I have a pair of CS-63DX speakers. I paid $100 (or $125, I really don't remember). And from other threads on here, I probably paid too much. When I brought them home, I hooked them up as the b-set to my klipsch heresy IIs (and the Heresy IIs disappeared). You could barely tell the Heresies...
Back
Top Bottom