Search results

1. Falstaff

@ More Celebrity Deaths This Week

Don't mean to be the Grimm Reaper here but news reports Stella Stevens passed away at 84.
  2. Falstaff

Raquel Welch Has Passed

Raquel Welch's management company is reporting that after a short illness, has passed away at 82. I'm gutted as she was for me and so many young men....and old men now, the ultimate in sex appeal and beauty. RIP
  3. Falstaff

Professor Of Rock Youtube Channel

Anyone else watch/listen to this Youtube channel. Does some great interviews and has some enjoyable behind the scenes information.
  4. Falstaff

Imperial Stereo Tube Console

Saw this in a thrift yesterday. Like the title says its an Imperial stereo tube console. Pic is from the web. It had a tuner with shortwave bands and a record changer, but no separate amp that I could see. Might have been already pulled by someone. They wanted $40 for it. It did appear to have a...
  5. Falstaff

New Project or Another Addition Of What's On The Bench Tonight?

Was making the thrift rounds this weekend and picked this up. I have never seen a 335 knockoff in a thrift around here. So I picked it up with the hopes of maybe resurrecting it. It's a Glarry!? I didn't know they made a 335 semi hollow style guitar. They sell for a buck and a half on the bay. I...
  6. Falstaff

Ahh The Good Old Days

Ran across this video that brought back memories of times long(?) gone. Probably already been posted but here it is.
  7. Falstaff

Winter Olympics?

Is anyone paying attention to the winter olympics? Seems very under the radar for most the time.
  8. Falstaff

Bob Saget RIP

Bob Saget, the optimistic father on Full House and the stand up comedian you would not want your kids to see, has passed at 65 No details on the cause as yet
  9. Falstaff

Adding Inputs To An 8802

Searched but wasn’t able to find any threads that talk specifically with this subject. I was looking for info on adding more inputs to the rear of a Magnavox 8802. How does one go about this? Do you just wire them to the same location the ones in front are wired too? Do I need a switch? Pics...
  10. Falstaff

Laptop or Computer to Reel To Reel

Love spinning reels. So I have these Flac and wav files in a laptop (mid 2012 i5 MacBook Pro) and mirrored on an 2011 iMac that I was considering recording onto reel to reel (pioneer rt701). I have a small T01 tube preamp and a Schitt Modi 2 dac. Any advice or guidance on how to do this as...
  11. Falstaff

Get Back

Anyone going to be checking out the new Beatles documentary by Peter Jackson called Get Back? Streaming on DisneyPlus. Going to be a three parter with a lot of footage never before released. Hard to believe there can that much left after 50 years.
  12. Falstaff

Bizarro World Open Reel CD/Cassette Deck

Anyone seen this recent Techmoan video? I mean, really? The company that makes the reels of tape is out of business.
  13. Falstaff

RTR Box Label Templates

Didn't see these posted here. They were originally posted on Tapeheads by Trippledigitss. Thought these might be useful to some reel users here. I believe they are for 7in boxes mainly.
  14. Falstaff

Ampex 1450 RTR

Anyone have experience or a review of this unit? Desirable as in a good unit for day to day use?
  15. Falstaff

nolasally - Great Experience

Purchased a Magnavox 8802 listed as for parts/repair with no tubes but good transformer. Arrived quickly and in much better shape than suspected. Just need a clean up and going through though much of the work was already done. Great seller. You'll have a good experience. Just do it.
  16. Falstaff

Post Apocalyptic Movie Recommendations

Like the title says, looking for post apocalyptic movie recommendations. Have seen most of the normal fair. Looking for some hidden gems but feel free to post what you liked and would recommend.
  17. Falstaff

R.I.P. Ned Beatty

Didn't see it posted anywhere but prolific actor Ned Beatty passed has away at 83. https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/13/us/ned-beatty-actor-superman-dies/index.html Loved the characters he created. He was an everyman who could play any type of part. R.I.P. and thank you for all the entertainment.
  18. Falstaff

Songs that make you cringe or feel creepy playlist

Don't know why I started thinking about this. But I started considering all the songs from over the years that made/make me feel creepy and cringe when I hear them. Some of the themes may have been ok back in the day or may just have been given the rock star pass. But these days they would be...
  19. Falstaff

Heathkit

Not sure where to post this. Some of you are probably aware of this resource but I didn't see it mentioned in a search I did. https://www.vintage-radio.info/heathkit It is a Schematic and manual archive for Heathkit amps and test equipment from over the years. Includes schematics w/parts lists...
  20. Falstaff

2 Amp In to 2 Speaker Sets Out Switch

Hello all. I have 2 amplifiers and two sets of speakers and am looking for a switch/splitter that would allow me to choose which amp and then choose which speakers I wanted to listen too, in one box. Does such a beast exist? I can find 2 amp in to one set of speakers but not out to one of two...
  21. Falstaff

Bogen AM901 Tuner

Any thoughts on Bogen AM901 tuner or just Bogen tuners in general?
  22. Falstaff

RIP Tawny Kitaen

Surprised not to already see a thread about this, but Tawny Kitaen, actress/model/video vixen passed away on Friday AM at 59. My first thought was that was young but then I remembered she had had issues with substance abuse at times. My second thought was "there goes another young mans wet dream...
  23. Falstaff

Shock G of the Digital Underground and Humpty Dance fame has died at 57

Didn't see this posted anywhere else. Digital Underground's Shock G Dead at 57 - TMZhttps://www.tmz.com › 2021/04/22 › shock-g-dead-die...
  24. Falstaff

New Rockumentary Coming Soon

Anyone remember Fanny from the early 70s?
  25. Falstaff

Magnavox Tuner From Console

Someone offered me a tube tuner from a Magnavox console in nice shape. How hard would it be to convert it to a stand alone tube tuner?
Back
Top Bottom