Search results

1. L

I'm HOOKED, my wife is pissed.

Hi Like my avtar says................... its up to you!! You got the choice but can you stop yourself from choosing that pill that you know is gonna take you to the limits!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
  2. L

Pioner sa-9800 fault

Sounds to me like the one bought from Wales by Sem.....t (wont give the other part of the name away) off ebay!!!! I was watchin' that one but I still think that the price paid (buy it now price) for a faulty amp was sky high!!! If it gets repaired without too much cost though, it will always...
  3. L

Don't ya just hate...

Hi Yes, I apologise; what made me write that incorrectly I don't know!!!!! I have told people about setting up arms for ages and then go and say it wrong on here. :scratch2: You are correct, it is with the cartridge on - Thanks for letting me know I wrote it wrong. :yes: Cheers LOZ...
  4. L

Pioneer sa-9800 volume knob help !!

Hi First off, don't use cheap tools then the tip wont break off!!! Second, if the hex is stripped out - you better buy a good quality drill bit (long) and you gotta drill it out without damaging the edge of the orifice on the knob (REAL TRICKY) and hope you don't drill through the spindle of...
  5. L

Don't ya just hate...

Usually caused by improper setting up of the tone arm, anti-skate weight and the weight upon the stylus!!! Take off the the cartridge, and move the large weight at the end of the tone-arm until the arm is balancing on its pivot point. Then set the little numbered dial on the weight to zero...
  6. L

Pioneer sa-9800 volume knob help !!

You should follow Retro Stereo`s advice!! But, even then you may find it wont come off. If that is the case (which is what happened to me with my SPEC 1) then I suggest getting some WD-40 and (very sparingly) applying a little bit on the spindle and allowing it to soak its way down into the...
  7. L

SPEC-1 question

Hi I think that just because you dont use the phono inputs doesnt mean to say you wont use the other inputs!! I wouldn't get rid of the SPEC 1 just because you wouldn't use the phono inputs; you could buy an integrated amp that has phono inputs and only use the tape and aux inputs - would you...
  8. L

Pioneer TX-9500II Alignment?

I think you've answered your own question :yes: :thmbsp: Regards LOZ
  9. L

Pioneer Spec 2 Help.

Hi gab73 I cant believe you`ve had no replies to your post - especially on here!!! If I were technically proficient, I would answer you but alas, I`m not. Maybe everyone is suffering the effects of Christmas and too much eating and drinking!!! C`mon guys, it seems gab73 needs a bit of help...
  10. L

Compact Disc Player

Try a Pioneer PD-F904 - it can hold 100 CD`s!! That`ll keep you contented for a fair few hours on random play!!!!
  11. L

Pioneer pre amps, what order would they rank ?

Hi I think the guys have already said what needs to be said - any of them are good!! I got a SPEC-1, great pre-amp!!! :D If you want to start going for even better then you gotta start lookin at the likes of LINN etc (but they aint from the 70`s!!!) and they`re made over here in UK. :yes...
  12. L

SA 8800 and a 9800?

Hi I have an SA 9800 and it sounds great!! I also have a SPEC 1 pre-amp!! I have played a CD through the SA 9800 using it on its own and then I have played the same CD through the SA-9800 with the SPEC-1 acting as the pre-amp rather than the SA-9800`s built-in pre-amp and quite frankly, I...
  13. L

Newbie from UK

I`d say I`m from England!!! Stuff the UK, it counts for nothing!! The union jack is just a morale thing from years ago. The cross of St George is my emblem. Regards 2 ya!!! Loz. :thmbsp:
  14. L

Newbie from UK

Hi Welcome to AK from me!! I live in UK aswell - there aint too many from UK on here. Oh well, there`s always room for more! By the way, you dont know where I could get a schematic for a Trio KA 6100 amp (made around 79-80)? Would appreciate any help. Cheers.
  15. L

The "crummy" series of Pioneer receivers made after the 70s

Hi Everyone Anybody who has read my opinions that I`ve posted on here about various subjects to do with Pioneer will know my views about equipment manufactured after the silver (metal) era!!!! I think it gets worse and worse as time progresses. I would say that if you are happy with your amp...
  16. L

Silver Pioneer Site/Classic Audio Websites

I once contacted the guy who runs that site and he replied quite quickly - I cant remember how I did it though!!! I`ve noticed the same thing - I wonder whats happening??? Perhaps someone should try and contact him and see what the score is!!
  17. L

Pioneer SX-1250 servicing - what can I do?

Hi MunkeyQ I`m guessing (rightly or wrongly) that you are from England judging by the currency (£50 budget) statement in your 3rd entry in this topic??? I wish I found SX1250`s in the bin :drool: - if you are from here, you may want to think of yourself as being pretty lucky, considering...
  18. L

Direct Drive T/Table - doesnt hold stable speed???

Hi Does anyone know if a direct drive turntable is non-repairable once it starts to lose the ability to maintain a consistant steady speed?? The said turntable is a Pioneer PL-530. I may have a chance to obtain one with this fault but dont know whether or not to bother due to the nature of...
  19. L

different pioneer cassette deck found. any thoughts or info on this one?

Aint never seen one of those before - that looks nice!!! Not a great fan of the tape/cassette format - too problematic (hiss, dropouts, alignments etc) but, do like the look of that CT-M6R.
  20. L

RT-707 lives again

Cant fault ya!!!
  21. L

Sg-9500 Eq

I`ve got the SG-9800 - its wicked but, I have to say that I like the 9500 aswell. I think the SG-9800 has the edge for looks though. I also like that extra slide!! Regards LOZ.
  22. L

My new SPEC-1 unwelcome surprise

There are definately some scumbags out there on ebay!! :mad: What a prize bast^*d that seller was pulling a stunt like that!! To quote a saying from an old TV presenter - "Keep em peeled" - you gotta keep your eyes open for people like that!! Hope you can work things out in your favour...
  23. L

Pioneer Catalog 1976/77 : High Res Scans

Hi Richard Any chance of Page 31 - Headphones Introduction and Monitor 10 Headphones??? :thmbsp: Haven`t got much info on these and I have 2 pairs of them - they are fantastic headphones with superb build quality!! :yes: Would love a hi-res of them with info etc!!!! Cheers, LOZ. (From...
  24. L

Pioneer HPM spkr ??

NeedForSpeed, I cant fault that!! Those HPM series ROCK - BIGSTYLE!! :yes: Those 4 way speakers really bring out all the details sent to them!! :thmbsp:
  25. L

What's Pioneer in your rig?

Hi Y`all I dont know if I`ve put a response (dont think I have :scratch2:) on here before but, if I have, tough - I`ve put another one on! I have to stress, I dont collect Pioneer gear, I just think its beautifully made equipment and reminds me of days when quality meant something. In fact...
Back
Top Bottom