Search results

1. RFmaster

Nikko NR-1019 Balance Potentiomer

Happy Holidays Recently I picked-up a nice, relatively clean Nikko NR-1019. PO told me that one of the channels is dropping out occasionally. Long story short got unit on my bench - relatively clean inside, usual dust levels. Sure enough one of the two channels drops out when it's cold, but...
  2. RFmaster

Pioneer SX-680 recap

After doing a recap on a unit do you ever wonder what is removed??? Wonder no more - here is a family portrait of a typical SX-680 recap. In addition to changing electrolytic caps it is highly advisable to R&R noise prone 2SA725, 726 and 2SC1919 transistors in the FM and phono sections. In the...
  3. RFmaster

Current Source replacement of 2SK34 in SX-780 PSU

Working on another SX-780 that came in with blown 1 AMP fuses. After checking the +/- 39.5 supply rail is dead. Replaced both Q19/20 (KSC2073/KSA940) but it clear that positive side will not start. After probing around - Q23 (2SK34) appears to have shorted internally. Well, what to do?? 2SK34 is...
  4. RFmaster

Pioneer SX-980 Rehabilitation

Recently pickup a well neglected SX-980. It looks like unit was sitting in the attic or chicken coop for a few years. Plenty of feathers and dust inside. PO stated intermittent cycling clicking sound - basically no function, no lights condition. Man this thing was dusty or what !! Check all...
  5. RFmaster

SX-780 No click No Sound - troubleshooting

My troubleshooting path of SX780 - no click no sound. This is probably nothing new but here is my story of SX-780 troubleshooting: Listening to SX-780 at very low levels - almost background. Loud click and no sound from both channels. Tuner and indicator lights appear to function. Oh well...
Back
Top Bottom