Search results

1. Hirschp1

TT Noob Question

Well, I am glad to hear that the one I ordered will tend to be more forgiving than some of the other types of tips. But, that is why I placed my faith in my fellow AKers, you haven't steered me wrong yet!
  2. Hirschp1

TT Noob Question

Thank yo all so much for the help and wonderful information! I have ordered the stylus (111-D7C) and the protractor from turntablebasics.com, I am looking forward to their arrival later this week :)
  3. Hirschp1

TT Noob Question

@DustyOldPile YES! Thank you for giving me the "nutshell" condensed version, it made perfect sense, a great explanation! I have long believed that someone's ability to explain otherwise complex concepts is a good indication of their own level of understanding (or lack thereof). It is fairly...
  4. Hirschp1

TT Noob Question

I suspected as much! After removing the platter and improvising a cardboard bridge and cardboard shims here is the reading @ the same height as the top of the platter (accurate to within ~ 1/32") it is 2.70 grams:
  5. Hirschp1

TT Noob Question

@revox-b77 - how close is close enough? I'll see your 1/4" and raise you an 1/8th! - The scale's platform is 5/8" (give or take 1/32") from the bottom. With the cartridge reattached it reads 2.84 grams, measured as pictured here: For what it's worth I have calibrated this scale using the...
  6. Hirschp1

TT Noob Question

When I get home I will put the cartridge back in the head shell, break out my micro scale, and see what it reads in grams - it sounds like that information will help deciding where to go with this including which stylus and/or maybe even New Cartridge with stylus already attached. I am so glad...
  7. Hirschp1

TT Noob Question

OMG - DustyOldPile THANK YOU!!!! I looked and looked and looked online for the "LAB-110" manual and came up with NOTHING. I am so glad that I now have the basic operation instructions for this!
  8. Hirschp1

TT Noob Question

Thank you revox-b77, I appreciate the break-down there that definitely helps me get a better picture of the what/why we are doing here :) So, how do I determine the grams/tracking measurement? I have a small digital scale, but my quick google search seems to point me to a specialized "stylus...
  9. Hirschp1

TT Noob Question

OK - I can confirm it is an ADC cartridge, but I think you all already knew that. The markings on the pins were RG / RS & LG / LS, the Resistances are as follows: RG / RS = 369 ohm, LG / LS = 371 ohm. For my own education, how does the resistance help determine the correct stylus? Thank you all!
  10. Hirschp1

TT Noob Question

I can definitely disconnect and get the resistance readings wires when I get home. If I am going to be going down the road of replacing the stylus alone am I going to need any specials tools for calibration? I will take that cartridge out when I get home, take pictures of any markings / model...
  11. Hirschp1

TT Noob Question

OK - As I have been knocking off the great list of things to look at / consider / check provided by everyone in this thread I finally got to looking at the cartridge... would you all please look at what's on the arm right now and confirm or correct my suspicions: Suspicion 1: Something seems to...
  12. Hirschp1

Two words say it:

NOT DEAD
  13. Hirschp1

TT Noob Question

All cleaning / lubing is done, it runs much much quieter now! I downloaded a speed app and put my phone on the platter, on the 33RPM setting it appears to fluctuate between 33.2 to 33.4 RPM, at 45 RPM setting it reads 45.0-45.2, at 78 RPM setting the phone flies off the platter :rflmao: I'm...
  14. Hirschp1

TT Noob Question

bangsezmax - Fortunately, I think I got a good portion of your wonderfully detailed post done when I was cleaning the various parts under the platter (used 90% isopropyl). I am going to print out your post and tuck it away under the player for future reference. When I had it apart and was...
  15. Hirschp1

TT Noob Question

Dustyoldpile & Bangsezmax - both of your messages just showed up after I was in the process of posting my last response - I am glad I did't put the silver cover back on yet - I'll lube and provide more updates when I get home later tonight! Thank you all again, you guys are awesome!
  16. Hirschp1

TT Noob Question

Went in late to work today, just so I could get this done! I haven't replaced the center disc yet, I don't plan on doing that until I am sure everything is in appropriate working order. Here are a couple of videos of the first power up after the cleaning, one of those videos is still processing...
  17. Hirschp1

TT Noob Question

Thank you Malden - you're breaking it down in a way I can easily follow! #1 is affirmative, the spindle spins when plugged in, numbers 2-5 are going to have to wait until tomorrow - its getting to be bed time for me, the alarm is still gonna go off at 5. A kind thank you to everyone who has...
  18. Hirschp1

TT Noob Question

Now that I have it apart I am not sure exactly what all we're looking at here, should I clean/lube all these parts that look like they move?
  19. Hirschp1

TT Noob Question

Success! Here she is ...
  20. Hirschp1

TT Noob Question

Thank you - I am just checking back to let you know that the center pin did indeed pull out as soon as I quit pussy footing around and used a piece of leather and a real pair of pliers! Also found a cool little surprise, Now, I want to double check with y'all before I bend the crap out of...
  21. Hirschp1

TT Noob Question

Bangsemax - I am ready and willing to pry, pull c-clips, de-solder, grind, chisel, you name it I can probably do it, but for the life of me I am not sure i should try prying ther in the middle on this one. Do I need to lift off the rubber stuff first? I can, and if you say to I will, it is just...
  22. Hirschp1

TT Noob Question

62vauxhall - I agree, I'm thinking if it has any life in it I'll find it! And thank you for the heads up on the 'what are you going to play first on it' concept... truly hadn't gotten that far in my imagination yet, was still hing up on the mechanical concerns, but I WILL think about it now...
  23. Hirschp1

Two words say it:

Am Scared
  24. Hirschp1

"You Don't Know What The Hell Is Going On" Game

Clippers are a team that is simply awful at the game of football.
  25. Hirschp1

Can You Produce [?] In Less Than 15 Seconds?

Absolutely not! A rockwell hardness tester?
Back
Top Bottom