Search results

1. I

Need Help with Denon AVR-2312CI Receiver: Front Speakers Intermittently Cut Out – Any Advice?

Occasionally and seemingly at random, while using my Denon AVR-2312CI , I hear a clicking sound (similar to the sound it makes when turning on or switching channels), and the front left and right speakers stop functioning. After some time, also randomly, I hear the same clicking sound again, and...
  2. I

Where to find a replacement Spindle/Take-Up Reel/Pin to repair my Denon DRR-M30? *Pictures

Long story short, one of the Spindle/Take-Up Reel/Pins (I am not sure of the technical term, please see pictures) has cracked and only intermittently turns the cassette. So sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. My unit is a Denon DRR-M30. I would like to replace this one piece, however, I...
  3. I

I am looking for a Good, Beginner smaller form-factor cassette deck.

I just got a bunch of free cassettes and I would love to be able to play them. I have a vintage/basic Realistic STA-76 I got from a thrift store and I would like to be able to plug a cassette deck into it. The issue is, we live in a small"ish" place and space is key (as well as money, haha)...
  4. I

How to use a soundbar with a Rear-Mounted Projector (weird room setup)

We live in a small apartment and unfortunately, a full surround does not really work in our situation. I was just wondering how to use a soundbar with my projector. The reason I ask is the projector (and components like PS4 and Xbox) are in the back of the room, but the soundbar (and all...
  5. I

Grounding Issue with ADC Linear Tracking Turntable (connected to Fosi Audio Box X2)

I just got an ADC LT 32 Linear Tracking Turntable from a thrift store super cheap. I replaced the belt and stylus, however, whenever I hook this up to the amp, there is a humming sound in the speakers. I have attached the ground to the amp, and it cuts the sound in half, but it is still fairly...
  6. I

History on these brand new thrifted Realistic Futura Speakers?

I saw these Realistic (Radio Shack) branded Futura Speakers that seem to be brand new in the box. I was wondering if anyone had any info on the history of these? I know that the brand is not the best, but they looked interesting. :)
  7. I

How to find a repair shop to repair vintage Sampson Reel to Reel Deck?

I found my grandpa's old Sampson reel to reel deck. When I plug it in, there is no "magic smoke" or any weird sounds. It seems to power up just fine. However, whenever I press play, the tape reel or tape hub either doesn't move or (when touched) moves extremely slowly and then freezes up. I...
  8. I

What to do with Organ Tube Find? 44ish Tubes (untested)

I was given 44ish Conn Organ tubes from an old organ. I have not tested any of these. I was just wondering what to do with them? Should I sell them "as-is" how to I find someone to test these to see if they work? Are they even worth selling/keeping? :) Thanks!
  9. I

Is my Bose Wave Music System 3 Disc Multi CD Changer Accessory working? *video

I just got a three-disk Bose Wave Music System 3 Disc Multi-CD Changer Accessory. I do not own a Wave System to fully test this out. I know that these can be sold for good money, especially if it works, so I was wondering if this unit is functioning? Whenever I plug it in the wall it makes a...
  10. I

LG HW300T Projector with dead inputs

I have used my LG HW300T Projector for years and it has worked fine. However, about two months ago the HDMI port refuses to work. The VGA port does work The projector itself powers on and the projected image is fine, the built-in "smart" functions work as they should, the built-in USB port...
  11. I

Cheaper, Used native 1080p or 720p projector on a budget

I am looking for a cheaper, used native 1080p or 720p projector with HDMI from a good company (BenQ, Viewsonic, Optoma) to replace the one that unexpectedly broke. I wanted to eventually replace the projector that broke with a 4K one when we moved to a bigger place in a year, but since my...
  12. I

InFocus IN76 Projector Problems *Video Attached

My InFocus IN76 is having a problem. Here is a link to the video on Youtube. I click the button to turn it on, the fans spin up, the color wheel spins up and the light turns on. The problem is the light is dim and it shows a clear screen, not a blue or white projected screen, but clear, like...
  13. I

How to make a custom USB cable for a Finis Neptune MP3 player?

Someone gave me a swimming, underwater Finis Neptune MP3 player but the problem is the charging cable was not included. Since this is a waterproof MP3 player the cable is proprietary and it is impossible to find a cable (from the company or otherwise) without buying a second unit on eBay with...
  14. I

Passive to Active Subwoofer convertor for Denon AVR 2312ci

I recently upgraded my AV Receiver to a Denon AVR 2312ci I found at a thrift store for $30! It works very well! The only problem is my old receiver used a passive subwoofer and my new (to me) Denon uses an active port. I was reading that I needed an amplifier to use my passive subwoofer. I found...
  15. I

InFocus IN76 Projector Problems

My InFocus IN76 is having a problem. I have a video attached of the problem. I click the button to turn it on and the fans spin up and also the color wheel spins up, but after 5-8 seconds the wheel turns off. Twenty seconds later the color wheel spins ups and turns off again. After I placed...
  16. I

Basic Native 1080p projector selection help!

My thrifted Optima HD70 just died and I am in need of a new projector! I am not looking for anything fancy, just 1080p and bright. Most of these are 3000 lumens and all are 1080p, much better than the old Optima’s 720p, 1000 lumens. I have narrowed it down to two projectors from three brands...
  17. I

Optoma HD70 clicking problems (Video)

I just got a used Optima HD70 that was working great until last night. It shut down correctly. This morning I turned it on again and the orange LED lights flash and the power light stays green but no fan turns on, no light turns on and all I can hear is a slight clicking sound inside the case...
  18. I

Sony EV-C8U Video8 Player, needs oiling

I just got a Sony EV-C8U Video8 Player for less than $10 at a thrift store and it is in mostly working condition. The only problem is that the spindles turn, but they are sometimes jerky and make a slight grinding sound when they turn. The tape plays and the picture shows great on the screen...
  19. I

Extending a Projector Ceiling Mount Length

I just got a working Optoma HD70 projector from a thrift store for $24 and it came with a ceiling mount. I would like to use the mount on my ceiling, but there is a ceiling fan in the middle of the room, so I would need to drop down the projector mount a good extra 6-12 inches. My question is...
  20. I

Thrift Store find, Surround Decoder ID help?

Ok, so I found this Track Scan Inc. Model Number SR-5112, Item Number: 33000 at a local thrift store for $3USD and I was wondering exactly what this unit was. Doing a google search brings nothing up about this unit, but the name Track Scan brings up a company that makes racetrack cb type...
  21. I

1980's Tascam Porta One 4-Channel Cassette Recording Studio (Video Attached)

I picked one of these 1980's Tascam Porta One at a thrift store for $6 USD and it seems to work decently except for one problem. When I hit rewind and fast forward the unit works well, but when I hit the play button the motor starts up but nothing moves, there is a clicking sound and the tape...
  22. I

Best Stand Alone Internet Radio Receiver

My parents are looking for an stand alone internet radio receiver (with speaker built in) so they can listen to radio in an area that does not have good terrestrial radio. I am not too familiar with this, so I was wondering what the best, easiest one to use was? Price (if possible) should be...
  23. I

What to do with an Onkyo m-5200 Amplifier

I just got a free Onkyo m-5200 Amplifier and I was wondering exactly how to test out this unit to see if it works? I have never used something like this before. I generally use a receiver and that is about it. How would I use an Amplifier that only has a power button and speakers A and B...
  24. I

Thrift Store Find Sony RM-AV2100 Remote Control

I just got one of these Sony RM-AV2100 in great working order for $1.99! :) Looks neat and works well for the price. My question is, is there a way to use this with things made after it? for example a newer DVD player, PS3 with a RF receiver on it or a newer LG projector or even an Apple TV? I...
  25. I

Problems with Boxlight CD726c Projector

I received a free non-working Boxlight CD726c and I was wondering what the problem with it is? I have linked to a Youtube video showing the problem. Basically when I turn on the main power switch the fan turns on for a bit then the fan shuts off. I then hit the power button that is lit blue...
Back
Top Bottom