Search results

1. d0sk3y

Kappa 9.2i crossovers rebuild

Dear anyone and all :) I own a pair of Kappa 9.2i's which I am very fond of. However, they are now 30 years old, and I would like to have somebody rebuild the crossovers. Would anyone have a schematic of the crossovers "as is", and maybe any upgrade suggestions? I am currently running them on...
  2. d0sk3y

Infinity Kappa 9.2i (series II) crossovers and aging

Hey folks, Could someone please tell me if there are any *known* issues with the 9.2i crossovers, after all these years? I am not knowledgeable enough, in any way necessary, to diagnose them myself, and as everybody already knows, these speakers are HEAVY as heck, so they are hard to carry...
  3. d0sk3y

Difference between EMIT-R and EMIT-R Kappa Series

Here are some macro pics of the pulled "kappa" emits. They sure do seem to have seen better days, there are no dark or "wobbly" spots on the "newer" ones. I have not measured them, sadly. And now they're soldered in, it was a horrible task unsoldering them and pulling the wires without setting...
  4. d0sk3y

Soooo i did the following thing, I thought to myself, after reading your post, "why not swap the kappa emits for the vanilla emits?" Guess what! I swapped them one at a time, and did a lot of in-between listening. After swapping the first one, I noticed that the respective speaker was playing...
  5. d0sk3y

Hi all, I have a pair of Infinity Kappa 9.2i (Series II) speakers, which I ADORE. I have just bought a pair of EMIT-R tweeters (seemingly pristine) for building a suitable center channel speaker (2x 8", 2x 5" and one EMIT-R), and was thinking about what the difference would be between the...
  6. d0sk3y

Infinity Kappa 9.2i Series II Polydome maintenance

Thanks for the hints, but I am in Eastern Europe, so there's not even a slim chance for me to gain access to US-based repair services. I think I recall that they specifically mention not accepting overseas customers. Back to the initial question though, since mine are still operational, does...
  7. d0sk3y

Infinity Kappa 9.2i Series II Polydome maintenance

Hi all, I am the new proud owner of a pair of Infinity Kappa 9.2 Series II speakers, and I must say, they are FANTASTIC. I would like to ask if anyone has any experience in maintaining the Polydomes on these, since mine are quite yellowed. They are not brittle at all, they are still soft and...
  8. d0sk3y

Denon & Wharfedale Jade system

They don't make them anymore. Bought the very last new pair in the EU 2 years ago.
  9. d0sk3y

They were about 3000 eur. Center was about 800. The rears were about 1500. Thanks btw! :)
  10. d0sk3y

Thank you very much! I'm renting the apartment (from a friend who's away to another continent for good), it's the best I could do here. But I really enjoy what I'm hearing.
  11. d0sk3y

They are indeed marvelous. Not the highest-end out there, I'll agree, but they have great highs and excellent bass (they go down to 35Hz easily).
  12. d0sk3y

Dear all, Thought I'd "show off" the system I've put together since my last post, about 18 months ago. The system has grown and improved quite a bit since then: It's made out of: Denon AVR-X4000 Denon PMA-2020AE integrated (always powering fronts, it has a "power direct" feature) Denon...
  13. d0sk3y

My so-far dream-come-true setup

Thanks! :) The Denon has the "power amp direct in" feature, controlled by a switch on the front panel. The Yamaha receiver has pre-amplified outputs for all channels, so I am using the front pre-outs to connect the receiver to the amp. Look up "home theater bypass", if you will. Cheers!
  14. d0sk3y

My so-far dream-come-true setup

Finally finished an important stage of my journey towards music absolution... Marantz SA15 S1 Denon PMA2020AE Parasound zDAC Yamaha Aventage RX-A1070 receiver Wharfedale Jade 7, C1 & 3 QED Genesis Silver Spiral speaker cables QED Performance Audio 40 interconnects. Love from Romania! A
  15. d0sk3y

Livingroom system

Thanks! Sadly, the wall itself is pink, but it us going to be soundproofed this week (will become gray).
  16. d0sk3y

Livingroom system

Hi everybody, this is my living room setup: It's made out of : Marantz SR5011 - surround receiver, amplifies center and rear speakers Marantz UD7007 - Blu-ray player, also used for CD (via balanced out) Marantz CD6003 - CD-Player (spare, or "light listening" through external DAC) Emotiva...
  17. d0sk3y

What speakers are those in Entourage S01?

Hi guys, i was wondering if anybody knows what loudspeakers those are in the first series of HBO's Entourage... can't find any info on Google, bad pic for reference. Thx in advance! A
  18. d0sk3y

What power amplifier to pair with Wharfedale Jade 7

Hi, Regarding the sound, the bass seems to be a bit lazy. Also, I do know that amplifiers get marginalized pretty much in every up-and-coming audiophile's system, and are among the last pieces to get upgraded (if ever). While I know not everything on the Internet is true, very many people...
  19. d0sk3y

What power amplifier to pair with Wharfedale Jade 7

Dear AKers, I have a pretty good system (IMHO), with a pretty bad power amp. I have always been told that metal domes need careful system matching, and therefore I am here to seek opinions. I will leave my surround setup be, at the moment, and just speak of my stereo system: CD/BD/SACD...
  20. d0sk3y

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Islands, KFC (King Freaking Crimson)
  21. d0sk3y

Pics of your listening space

Excellent system and presentation! Question: do you use the Oppo for Redbook too? How do you like the sound of it? Thx A
  22. d0sk3y

Emotiva & Marantz & Wharfedale

Hey chaps, This is not my first system post, but I have done some tweaks, so I will pause the audio hype for a while :) In short, what I have is: Emotiva XSP-1 Gen2 Emotiva BasX A300 Marantz SR5011 Marantz UD7007 Marantz NA6005 Wharfedale Jade 7 and Jade 3 and Jade C1 QED reference cables...
  23. d0sk3y

Wharfedale Jade & Emotiva & Marantz

Yes it does! :) Unexpectedly good, for an untreated room, I mean. Cheers Andrei
  24. d0sk3y

Thank you! I also think you should listen to some Wharfedales. Since you seem to own not-that-large speakers yourself, you could try some Jade 3s or Reva 2 (or maybe 3?). I have heard WONDERFUL things about Opus, but the reason I did not pick up a pair myself is because of the silk dome...
  25. d0sk3y

Oh Rome, you always have nothing but good things to say :) Thank you! <3 Andrei
Back
Top Bottom