Search results

1. B

Identify these speakers on rolling stands from 2 pictures please

I put in an offer on these for a system I’m building for a college student. I offered $150 blind. Am I off my rocker? No idea what they are, any of you fine people recognize them?
  2. B

Identify this speaker please.

Friend picked these up for $15. Can’t easily pull a woof for EIA... says they sound fantastic... Anybody know the star logo?
  3. B

Your most relaxing / meditative music. Please share

When you want to wind down for the night, or when it’s time for serious introspection, or just when serenity is a must... What is your go to music? Here’s my top three: Check out "Musica tai chi" by I Ching on Amazon Music...
  4. B

Have you ever seen these Led Zeppelin albums? Real?

Are these bootleg ?
  5. B

Western Electric collectors: is this of any consequence?

I saw the tourist prices of these on the bay, and thought I’d share with you fine folks... I like the glass jewels on it, but I’m not sure if is all that rare or desirable. I could imagine turning it into a lighted speaker switch box for people who have 5+ pairs of speakers... Is this...
  6. B

Can’t believe I’m asking this question... subwoofer volume/gain

So I just ordered two new (cheap) subs for a very small system. The subs only have line level inputs. If I just parallel my preamp outs to these, Will I still maintain volume control to the subs via the Preamp? I was convinced of this when I ordered them, and I’m now experiencing self doubt.
  7. B

“As far as I know it all works”...

“The last time I checked”... Setting up plausible deniability... Let us list the many ways. I completely back out when I here someone say these things to me.
  8. B

Miniature turntable•I have an idea to build a miniature Console

I found an old jewelry box that I thought would be perfect for a bluetooth chip amp and some full range 2” speakers... I’d like to mock up a turntable in it. Any ideas on a mock turntable about 2.5 x 2.5 ? here it is before I fiddle with it :
  9. B

What’s the real skinny on black faceplate Marantz?

I’ve heard the military PX story I’ve heard the European story i know about aftermarket black faceplates... When did the first OEM versions come out? Where? can you now get just about any model done in black?
  10. B

What speakers are these? I just bought them on a lark

I bought them from the picture, I haven’t picked them up yet.
  11. B

Guess what they are, and what can be in them (speakers)

This weekend I’m hoping to get these.
  12. B

Rodgers sound lab speakers which are these?

What model are these? I just bought them, but I’m 4 hours away and wanting to do research on them. Thanks for your help.
  13. B

Klipsch in the grass

I didn’t keep anything but a lonely single k-horn... Feeling good about saying bye to these many pounds of sound.
  14. B

My guilty pleasure...

Country Music. I know, those two words can mean so many things, let me explain. I grew up on a ranch in Northern Colorado. My father’s favorite artist was Ernest Tubb... I love the simplicity of Country, even when I’ve drank away my last brain cell of the night, I can still understand the...
  15. B

Home brew or do you recognize it?

16. B

Hospitals furloughing and laying off... ??? Questions

My wife works at a hospital Many coworkers wives work at hospitals My in-laws are in healthcare... this isn’t limited to hospitals, all HC facilities are facing this... With people staying home the ERs are almost empty. The ORs are almost empty. Very little going on at hospitals besides...
  17. B

Will you change your thrift store behavior?

When this is all over.... will you change your thrift store behavior? I use to buy everything I could at thrifts. My glass coffee mugs, my flannel shirts, board games for the kids, stereo gear, baseballs, furniture... If we needed something, we spent 6 months searching at the thrifts for...
  18. B

Identify this Turntable

This is on an Album cover: Extra points for Artist , and SUPER Extra points for the receiver .
  19. B

JBL c-51 Apollo ... worth exposure to the virus?

Thoughts ? If My post becomes “you just lost $10,000 speakers because of your post” I’m ok with that.
  20. B

ADC-1 stereo cartridge, gold body, sounds lovely $$$

I can’t find any recent sales of this. I paid about 250-300 2-3 years ago. Have they gone up or down in value? I don’t use it, it sounds great, I doubt I put 5 hours on it... I’ll probably bay it for the same, unless these are more Golden now?
  21. B

Altec Driver ID help...

I have an old beat up 808 next to the unidentified one. I can take resistance reading if necessary.
  22. B

I have the opportunity to get an antique stereo AND music vinyls for...

Only $1300! Am I crazy for even pondering such an awesome offering?
  23. B

So, you want to be an audio flipper... The art of the audio deal

I have been buying and selling audio gear and Mid Century furniture for about 25 years. I started with Mid Century items first and that cascaded into vintage HiFi. This was done to supplement the cost of collecting these items that delivered such joy. I am ready to put this life behind me and I...
Back
Top Bottom