Search results

1. bluehills5

Pioneer SX-1980 Full Restoration w/ EW/MTF Power Supply Mods on Video

I think I kept a copy of the word doc for the AWR154 that is no longer hosted.
  2. bluehills5

Marantz 2270 Service Manual with Bulletins

It seems like a very good quality scan and better than the AK dB copy but note it is missing the component list. Although I've posted this before, I scanned in a copy of the 2270 manual and converted it all to readable text using OCR software and used the best circuit diagram scans I could find...
  3. bluehills5

SX-1050 Wood Case

Not sure if your existing case is missing or just in bad condition but I've fixed up a few cases on the SX's and you'd be surprised how even the most terrible ones come up looking like new with some bondo and new walnut veneer to cover over the sins.
  4. bluehills5

Pioneer Pd73 how to block lens for shipping??

Do you mean block or lock? There is a switch underneath to lock it by using a screwdriver.
  5. bluehills5

SX1080 case stain color

I've re-vereered a sx1050, sx1980 and a couple of sx650. I used Howards restore-a-finish in nuetral (i tried walnut and it's too dark) and followed up with feed'n'wax to protect it.
  6. bluehills5

Marantz WC-22 Construction Plans

There was a comment earlier about some wc22 cases having a support piece to stop the grill sagging. I believe this is factory and there were in fact two versions of the WC22 (series 1 & 2?). In addition to the support piece, the front angled bevel piece which was machined from solid walnut in...
  7. bluehills5

Free Marantz 22xx in Tarrytown NY

I'd love to take it but first I don't own a car so getting it 30mi from home is a challenge and secondly I know I'd be compelled to do a lengthy and thorough restoration and I just don't have the time right now. Better to avoid the temptation. But if anyone is close by it, I'm sure it'll still...
  8. bluehills5

Free Marantz 22xx in Tarrytown NY

Riding my bike this morning up to Tarrytown (yep - it was chilly) and there was a dumped 22xx receiver on the side of the road (I'd say 2230 but guessing as I did not stop). As I was with a group and 30 mi from home, I could not take it. Lake rd near very near cnr Neperan rd behind Tarrytown...
  9. bluehills5

New owner of an SX-1980 with some questions...

Here is the BOM in excel from the above restoration if that is a better format.
  10. bluehills5

Pioneer PL-61 Turntable

And your headshell is not original although you probably know this. This is the correct one but there are also cheap ones on Ebay that look very similar.
  11. bluehills5

Pioneer PL-61 Turntable

Although yesterday I just sold my PL-61 on craigslist (for $320) before selling I also bought one of the ebay antiskate levers as a spare even though mine was still good. However I once took the tonearm apart and the anti-skate is very embedded into the arm so you'll need to disassemble it...
  12. bluehills5

Marantz 2270 Phono Problem

A shot in the dark but my 2270 would hum in phono mode but when I'd take it to the workshop and hum would disappear. Back in the room, hum would return - only the 2270 with any turntable, any type of cable and it had me flummoxed for months. Turned out to be my "internet over powerline" routers...
  13. bluehills5

Marantz 2500 Service Manual very high-res pdf

Although I haven't seen your manual so I'm not sure how you did the pics (and how many there are) my 2270 copy came in at under 4Mb as a PDF so I think you should be able to get the size down considerably even if you use high res pics (which mine wern't). I used MS Word 2016 as the editor...
  14. bluehills5

Marantz 2500 Service Manual very high-res pdf

I also did this on a 2270 and posted it here (and another AKer linked to a 4400 manual he completed as well) but the thread quickly died and I suspect few people now see it as I most people search for manuals on the Ak d'base or other sites so I recently reposted the link in the sticky "marantz...
  15. bluehills5

Marantz 2270 faceplate

I re-did the top edge on a beatup Pioneer SX which are a pretty similar finish to a 2270. I sanded the scratches out and then sanded with a block using a jig to keep the sanding running parallel to the surface. This is important as it is difficult to sand in a consistent direction by hand. I...
  16. bluehills5

Pioneer SX-1980 recap and restoration thread!

I just re-capped a 1980 and the parts list is included in the thread below with current substitutes. Note it is very comprehensive as it includes a lot of parts (almost all caps & transistors on the power supply board, L&R amp boards and turntable pre-amp) so you may want to pick and choose what...
  17. bluehills5

Big Ben's SX-1050 refurb and BOM update thread

I'm also looking for the union nut abn-021 (for an sx-1980) but all the pionner nuts on ebay are diiferent part nos. like abn-027,028,046,047 but no 021. Don't suppose anyone knows if you can just file down one of these other ones to make it fit?
  18. bluehills5

Pioneer SX1980 - you wont believe this.

Power Amp Board (L) (GWH-109) GWH-109 C1 100uF 100v CEA 647-UPW2A101MHD 100uF 100v GWH-109 C3 100uF 100v CEA 647-UPW2A101MHD 100uF 100v GWH-110 C29 Mylar 0.1 uF 10250v 647-qxk2E104KPTZH GWH-109 C35 .22uF 25v CSSA 667-ECQ-V1H224JL .22uF 50v...
  19. bluehills5

Here is a copy of the parts list I used which is basically the list from Mattsd but changes for out of stock and some more transistor replacements on the amp boards. It also includes the parts to make the 35v power regulators on the AWR-154 power board and the parts to remotely mount the 4 hot...
  20. bluehills5

Well, it's pretty much done but for a few details. I still need to source 8 of the lever knobs (AAD-138) and although they are available from ebay sellers they are from $15-$20 each so that's $120+. Might be cheaper to buy a wrecked sx-780 or 3700 and mine if for the knobs and just replace them...
  21. bluehills5

Marantz Service Manual error thread

More manuals other than the 2270? Probably not. I went down this rabbit hole scanning a few pages and converting them to text and before long I'd done too much to back out but was starting to realize the extent of the project. The text scanning is fine but the component tables with the Greek...
  22. bluehills5

After I redid the power supply and set the bias and offset, I briefly fired it up and checked the some functionality but I did not do too much testing as it was still full of sand and so I wanted to re-cap and clean before giving it a full test but I noticed one channel out on the phono. I...
  23. bluehills5

Dial Glass Replacement

Here's a pic of the water stream and you can use any old soda bottle or like this old milk carton. Constant water is important as the bit heats up very quickly so position the stream so it aims at the hole Neat trick is if you screw the lid on the bottle the stream stops.
  24. bluehills5

Dial Glass Replacement

Wow - wish glass was so cheap here - in Brooklyn New York the first store I visited wanted $50 for a piece of glass and got one for $15 at a picture frame store. This is for a SX1980 which is glass 3mm thick sized 90x488mm. 20mm hole for tuning is 48mm from top edge = 42 from bottom...
  25. bluehills5

The problem is going to be disconnecting the boards. As you can see in the pic, there are about 25 wire wrap pins on that board alone and undoing wire wraps is no fun. Desoldering 25 pins also does not look like an enjoyable exercise and runs a risk of damaging the traces or the board and...
Back
Top Bottom