Search results

1. monkboughtlunch

Bone stock Marantz Eighteen restoration, what all should be changed out?

Does the KSC3503 package require a mica insulator to prevent shorting to the metal heat sync plate?
  2. monkboughtlunch

New 800B

After a restore, what is the normal temperature of an 800B power transformer that has been cooking for a couple of hours?
  3. monkboughtlunch

New 800B

C102 on the 800B schematic is 200 uF. 214 uF is within 10%. Have you tested the C102 can with an ESR meter?
  4. monkboughtlunch

New 800B

Nice work @Freddie73 How difficult was it to replace those can caps under that bundled wire wrap overhead? How did you move the wires out of the way?
  5. monkboughtlunch

MX110 hum (continued)

Right now I have a single resistor. Please see photo in post #15. What is the downside of a single resistor?
  6. monkboughtlunch

MX110 hum (continued)

Hi Dave, I only added one resistor. Do you have a photo of the recommended approach with the second resistor installed? Thanks!
  7. monkboughtlunch

Marantz 18 & 19 Receiver Restorations

@BlackScholes - Tonebells used 2N5116...
  8. monkboughtlunch

another Marantz 18 resurrected, well almost, scope problem

For the two scope board JFETs (Q1201, Q1204), what is the correct (best) modern substitute part number? 2N5114, 2N5515, or 2N5516?
  9. monkboughtlunch

Why is 2N5516 not suitable to replace Q1201 and Q1204 (Marantz part # 34-1030)?
  10. monkboughtlunch

Is there a sub for the three scope board diodes? CR1201 CR1202 CR1203
  11. monkboughtlunch

Thanks was the pinout different than the Marantz originals? Did you have to shrink tube the leads or did they plug right in?
  12. monkboughtlunch

Is there any advantage of using 2N5116 vs 2N5114 when replacing Q1201 and Q1204?
  13. monkboughtlunch

Is 2N5114 this the correct sub for Q1201 and Q1204? Does anyone know a source for 2N5114? Mouser and Digikey are out of stock.
  14. monkboughtlunch

Nice work @BlackScholes ! Can you share you parts list for the scope board? Also, have you replaced your FM muting LDR? If so, which components did you use?
  15. monkboughtlunch

@tonebells is this the recommended part? https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/onsemi-Fairchild/KSC3503DS?qs=K0aVCp%2F7QwZFJOGYBADtRQ%3D%3D Or is there are more robust recommended part number that is a direct plug in?
  16. monkboughtlunch

Sonotone 9TA - who makes best replacement stylus?

@SoulSmileInc I had success with the 544SD replacements (yellow color).
  17. monkboughtlunch

Should the traces be jumpered when the PCB is that dark?
  18. monkboughtlunch

Thanks but are the heat marks in the photo from the resistors normal for the 18 scope board or indicative of a problem?
  19. monkboughtlunch

Mine scope is intermittent. Might be a cold solder joint. The back of the board looks baked. Is it normal for those two tan/orange 10K resistors (metal oxide or wire wound?) to discolor the board to this extent?
  20. monkboughtlunch

Does anyone know the modern day part numbers for the four scope transistors that have a pinout that will allow a direct mounting plug in to the board (instead of having the flying leads)?
  21. monkboughtlunch

McIntosh 4100 Main Filter Cap Issue & Warning

I believe that means your LNT caps were manufactured the 22nd week of 2020. The eBay seller sold you 3 1/2 year old filter capacitors…
  22. monkboughtlunch

MX110 - intermittent FM sensitivity issue

FYI. In case someone lands on this thread in the future from a Google search, here's a photo of the NOS Zenith branded 6DS4 Nuvistor. It looks like it was manufactured the 35th week of 1971. I believe 188 might be an EIA code which signifies GE manufacture. I couldn't find a manufacturer...
  23. monkboughtlunch

MX110 - intermittent FM sensitivity issue

I received the NOS 6DS4 Nuvistor. It is branded Zenith and has an EIA code of 188, which indicates GE manufacture. I believe the Nuvistor production date may be 1971. Without any sophisticated test equipment, the NOS Nuvistor appears (based on magic eye closure) to perform about the same as...
  24. monkboughtlunch

Did you check the manufacturing date codes on all the capacitors the eBay seller sent you? If I recall correctly, Nichicon LNT date codes are usually "stamped" on the top of the capacitor (opposite end of the screw and vent). What year were they made? Did you replace all the caps in your...
  25. monkboughtlunch

How does it sound different than before?
Back
Top Bottom