Search results

1. turboyam

Spendor BC1 - woofer

Sily question but, you were there all night? nobody thrown a party with your stuff?.
  2. turboyam

Frankenstein 9100

Hahahah!. It looks like the "technician" :banana: Installed 2 power amp boards from another amp ( output modules defective)?
  3. turboyam

Opened up a never been serviced Kenwood KA-6000 today :)

What's the wattage of the bulb you are curently uning in the DBT ?
  4. turboyam

JBL L40 woofer gasket/basket

The L-100's woofer dust cap looks like it's been changed, nice job tho!.
  5. turboyam

Speaker Craft of St. Louis - Anyone recognize these drivers?

Mids sure look like Peerless but i've bought Peerless woofers in distant past, that looked very much like yours too.
  6. turboyam

Great Plains Audio Closing !

Well, more bad news :(
  7. turboyam

Kenwood 700m meter

Oh dear :confused: good luck with that. Post a few pictures please.
  8. turboyam

Koss CM 1020 mid range driver buzz

Maybe time for a re-cap of the x-over too. If the caps are out of specs (age), they might let too much low frequencies reach the mid (and tweeters) possibly.
  9. turboyam

No alternative solution for KA-8100 volume/balance pot ?

Those concentric balance/ volume pots are hard to find yeah ;( but the KA-8100 is a nice unit, i had one for yearsss!. I would look for a parts doner, maybe on the Bay... Good luck!
  10. turboyam

Goodbye 2023!

Happy New Year Fellasss!!!:beerchug:
  11. turboyam

Missing grills from Kenwood KL-10000Z speakers

The real question is: do they :whip: the Vega's ?
  12. turboyam

Let The Subwoofer Debate Begin!

For the longest time, i was saying that subs are useless. I always had/ have 15 inch woofers main speakers everywhere so, don't need subs!. Well, i was wrong, they are very important. The problem is; to implement them right.
  13. turboyam

Someone convince me to keep this KR-v127r

Yeah, those were meant to be replaced by optional wood sides that were scarce or non-existant.
  14. turboyam

Trashed JBL L36 Decade Restoration - I Need Your Help!

It's all the metalic partsss. Some people absolutely hate having ferrous stuff in the signal path. I use brass srews.
  15. turboyam

Someone convince me to keep this KR-v127r

Why "no Kenwood receivers"?. Don't tell me you don't like the KR-6600?!
  16. turboyam

KA-801 having a slow relay kick-in time.

OMG! i just remembered why i hate working on that amp: the ohh so dark brown boards with black text . I've decided to leave it alone, i don't want to do more damage then good. I bought this amp as a known damaged in shipping unit and worked hard, to make it work again, and look nice so, i'll...
  17. turboyam

Would a low leakage C-33 cap be a problem? (it's a Silmic II) ?. This is the place for a std cap, most likely...
  18. turboyam

KA5500 toggle switch tips

They show-up on the Bay sometimes, if you can't get those here.
  19. turboyam

Oh-yeah :( i forgot about that I.C. :( .
  20. turboyam

12" Goodmans Bass Driver

You should post pictures of that driver.
  21. turboyam

My Kenwood KA-801 has a way too long protection relay action after turn-on of the amp. Sounds like it's driver capacitor being out of specs?. No un-usual D.C. offset at the speakers terminals. Problem is: where is that relay drive cap?! :dunno...
  22. turboyam

Kenwood KA 9100 Amp - Kenwood KD 750 Turn Table

Have you checked if the "normal/ separate" switch is on NORMAL? in the back?. Try to connect the 2 pairs of RCA jacks together and see; pre-out in power in... You could try the pre-out in an other amp (in it's aux input even) and see if you have signal?.
  23. turboyam

Kenwood KR 6400 /Kenwood KR 5600

As in KR-2600, 3600, 4600, 5600, 6600, 7600, 9600.
  24. turboyam

Best audio hardware store in Canada? Free shipping in/to Canada?

I vote for Solen too. Never let me down.
  25. turboyam

Dial cord stringing on KR-5600

If you really want a KR-7600 and come across a 6600, they are basically the same, just as nice looking and sounding. I have both :) . The 7600 just has a bit more power and 4 more switches, to mess-up signal.
Back
Top Bottom