Search results

1. wb2mep

EICO 460 scope

Your brightness shift across the trace could be due to a non-linear sweep. (the ramp part of the sawtooth H. sweep waveform could be curved rather than perfectlt straight.) Brighter where the sweep is slower and dimmer where the sweep is faster. Have you tried putting a sine wave from an...
  2. wb2mep

EICO 460 scope

I have a 460 that I built from a kit when I was in high school back in the '70s, and has the same glitches in the circle trace you get with the Hor. selector on 60 Hz, and Vert in Cal. These scopes are TV repair shop scopes and not lab-grade like Tek or HP. It uses an unregulated power supply...
  3. wb2mep

Looking for a source of replacement belt.

https://www.studiosoundelectronics.com/ Small belts like used in cassette decks about $3.75 each.
  4. wb2mep

Opinion-Advice Winegard YA-1713

The YA-1713 is a 10-element yagi for VHF-High band (Channels 7 - 13). They are great antennas if you have any DTV channels broadcasting on VHF in your area. Only a handful of DTV stations are using the VHF-Low band (Channels 2 - 6) so lack of low-band should not be an issue in most locations...
  5. wb2mep

Sony TC-K890ES... WOW!!!

I bought one of these new in about 1993 and I agree it's an awesome deck. High-end cassette decks were disappearing from the marketplace at that time, and I wanted to buy my "last" deck before the good ones were gone. Few maufacturers were making 3-head single well decks by that time. I...
  6. wb2mep

Newcomb AM/FM tube Radio

Don't have any info on that radio in particular, but 60's vintage sounds about right. Newcomb made school/classroom phonographs, so this radio is a similar type of ruggedized unit intended for classroom use. My Jr. High school had a bunch of tube type Newcomb phonos, with 6 x 9" dual-cone...
  7. wb2mep

Political Chat? What?

That site's blocked as a security threat. So is Videokarma.org. Apparently all "new" websites are blocked by default here, until some software program in the bowels of the IT department discovers it and "categorizes" it. Then it gets cleared for access or blocked for reason (i.e...
  8. wb2mep

The new VideoKarma is set to launch!

Well, here's a good one: "Web Site Content Unknown The Web site requested has not been evaluated and categorized. Since the content of this Web site is unknown, it poses a potential security risk, both to [deleted] and to you personally. Unknown URL: http://www.videokarma.net/...
  9. wb2mep

Help to identify this Fisher!

Are you sure there isn't a "5" in front of that "61"? Sears sold a full line of components in the mid-late 70's made for them by Fisher. Hence the "Sears Audio by Fisher" brand. Sort of like the MCS gear sold by JC Penny. The 1st 3 digits (in front of the decimal point) in a Sears...
Back
Top Bottom