Search results

1. samhill1981

Ma5200 cracked face plate replacement questions

Hello, I recently moved, and of course I somehow managed to crack the faceplate in transit, despite my best efforts. I’ve already sent an email to McIntosh inquiring about purchasing a replacement faceplate, cost and install, but I was wondering if any other users have experience replacing the...
  2. samhill1981

Phono preamp recommendations for Hegel H160?

I’m looking to move my Hegel h160 into my main setup. However, there isn’t a phono stage built in, and I’m looking for recommendations in the < $1k range. Since I’ve purchased the Hegel I’ve only used it with a bluesound node, and cheap bookshelf speakers. So I’ve hardly experienced the best...
  3. samhill1981

ma5200 noise when unit is turned on...is this normal?

whenever i turn the unit on there's a slight noise, not exactly a "pop" but definitely audible. i'm wondering if this is common when turning on other mac amps/integrateds? i got this unit second hand, and it's always made this noise. had it a few weeks now. it's not a noise heard through the...
  4. samhill1981

How do i connect a subwoofer to MA-5200? And subwoofer recs?

I feel like this is a stupid question, but i'm unsure of how to connect a sub to this model without a subout. Please feel free to explain this to me as if i'm a child. I'm also wondering what sub recommendations you all might have in the less than $750 category? My setup: MA-5200 Klipsch...
  5. samhill1981

Just got a MA-5200, looking for best way to stream its DAC?

So I recently purchased a used MA5200, and I'm loving it so far. However, I'd like to be able to stream the best quality I can using my phone to operate, and take advantage of the DAC. So I'm looking for options that would enable me to do just that. I admit I don't know much about DACs, or...
  6. samhill1981

Looking for suggestions to replace current receiver...

hello all, Feel free to berate me for not posting in the correct place, or just point me in the right direction. I forgot how overwhelming this place is with knowledge. Anyway, I'm looking for a receiver to replace my current Pioneer Sx-550, which I have loved until the right channel on the...
  7. samhill1981

Audio Technica M12E stylus replacement recommendation?

I have a dual 1229 and I'm looking for a nice replacement stylus for it. And will I be able to tell a difference with a quality replacement? Thinking under $100. Also, and this is crucial, how do I replace the stylus on the AT m12e? On my portable singer TT the stylus pulled right out of...
  8. samhill1981

Dual 1229 needle drop issue.

Ok so when 12" is selected, and I turn the lever to start, the arm lifts out of its rest as it should it then moves over to the record and when it slowly lowers the needle to the vinyl it will sometimes hitch at the last second and the needle misses the record or hits the record and falls off...
  9. samhill1981

Portable Turntables - Can you recommend one?

Here's the deal, I live in a hotel during the work week, and travel back home on the weekends. I'm a relative beginner, but have begun to amass a nice little collection, and id like to be able to listen during the week and not just on the weekends. Are there any players out there that...
  10. samhill1981

Dual 1229 platter scraping, need help please

Ok so I just received my first dual table, and it's absolutely gorgeous except for one annoying thing...the bottom of the platter is scraping this silver metal piece (see pic) that has something to do with the automatic tonearm function. Now it's either because said silver metal piece is...
  11. samhill1981

Which turntable should I choose (Denon Dp-300f or Dual 1249 or 1219)

I'd love to hear your reasons why, and your experience with any of the above. It will be paired with a pioneer sx450. I mainly listen to old doo-wop, stax records, indie rock, old country and classical. I live in the Austin, San Antonio areas. I know many if you on here like suggesting...
  12. samhill1981

Need many suggestions for a nice record cabinet

Hello all! I come to this magnificent forum again to get your help. I've been looking everywhere for that perfect stereo entertainment stand/credenza/cabinet/etc. and just haven't found the one I want. So I thought I'd come to you guys and ask for suggestions. Here are a couple of...
  13. samhill1981

Ideal NEW turntable to match with my pioneer sx550?

I'm looking for some ideas for NEW tt's for under $300 or so. Something that would pair nicely with my receiver. I listen to a lot of old stax, Spector, doo-wop, and soul records. As well as indie, folk, classic country and instrumental type music. Cartridge recommendations are welcomed. I'm...
  14. samhill1981

What is the best setup to play my iPod/iphone through my pioneer sx550?

Apologies if this isn't the right board. I'm a complete novice when it comes to all things audio setup related. I just came into possession of an old receiver and when I'm not spinning my records I'm wondering what the best setup/connection for the iPod is. I would greatly appreciate any...
  15. samhill1981

Cambridge Soundworks model 6 vs. Pioneer bs 22's...which would you choose?

I'm trying to decide between the two of them to determine who gets to be driven by my pioneer sx 450. I had all but decided on the bs 22's, but came across the model 6's. Both fall within my budget of $200 or less. They will only be used to listen to music. Mainly classical, indie, folk, old...
  16. samhill1981

Trying to find the right speakers for my pioneer sx450 receiver.

Hello all, I apologize if this thread should have been started on another board. I'm new here, and all of the info is overwhelming. Anyway.... I come to you all looking for speaker options to pair with an old pioneer sx 450 I just inherited, along with a bunch of vinyl. I'm extremely green...
Back
Top Bottom