Search results

1. Yamahaha

New vinyl, think I'm done

Black Sabbath, Mob Rules. Look at that dish. Of course its the main LP and not the extra one with live tracks I wont listen to more than once. Going Back. Turntable 1200G, Hana ML .... everything setup nice and this garbage arrives. Big time frustrating I dont buy alot of new vinyl for these...
  2. Yamahaha

Totem Torrent driver issues element series

Wondering if anyone has any info as I've run into damaged Torrent drivers 3x now. On the Tribe and V1 Fire. Tribe was sloppy manufacturing surround seemed to be repaired. Fire the driver had a rub. This is strange to me for such an expensive speaker and I read in other forums the lack of...
  3. Yamahaha

Totem Tribe Satin tower warning - bad set advertized online

Friendly info for anyone shopping for Totem Tribes. A damaged set of Tribe towers making the rounds. I bought these, discovered the issues immediately upon unpacking and had quite a dispute to go thru. Now the same speakers are being advertised yet again with undisclosed issues. So, posting...
  4. Yamahaha

Nakamichi Dragon vs Harman Kardon CD491 shootout

Which do you prefer? The Dragon has been my goto since solving its problems. The Harman came up supposedly fully serviced so I bought it. I didn't expect equality. Each is highly regarded so I though this would be interesting. I prefer the Dragon. However the HK is a pretty good deck. Overall...
  5. Yamahaha

Totem Speakers

I am lusting after the new Totem Element Metal But the price is insane. So I've been looking at old Totems. Wondering what members have/had and thoughts? I'll start; Had the V1 Fires and they were quite a nice speaker but sounded "small" in comparison to my Sonus Faber Luito towers. The...
  6. Yamahaha

Computer to DAC, what software?

So I connected my laptop to DAC. Wondering what software you guys use to stream stuff. Ideally I'd like to pull files off wifi from my desktop etc. In the past I used my oppo to stream. I'm quite ignorant of how to best feed my dac files directly via usb. I've used media player and VLC but...
  7. Yamahaha

Lyra Delos vs Denon 103

and begin! Seriously, I want to know. I sometimes wonder is that 103 just should be the only cart I use since it gets me 90% there compared to any money I've spent otherwise and ... well, if the cat takes a swipe, another is available cheap and easy, they all sound the same and ... well again I...
  8. Yamahaha

Yamaha new high end

No I dont work for Yamaha or sell anything. I've enjoyed my Yamaha A-S2100 for many years and was checking on the new line to see whats up and https://ca.yamaha.com/en/products/contents/audio_visual/flagship_hifi_5000/index.html Almost crapped myself. All the old stuff being made again? Perhaps...
  9. Yamahaha

Technics SL-1200G owners?

Anyone? Wondering how people are finding them. 1200G not GR. Cartridge match? Thanks.
  10. Yamahaha

Technics 1200mk7

Anyone bought this table? I saw one in the Long McQuade today. Looked a little cheap. Plastic bottom, arm seemed cast.
  11. Yamahaha

Expensive TT's all hype? Real discussion

No, I am not just trying to stir a pot. I love gear. Recently though I did something foolish and was disappointed. First, I have 2 turntables which I kept from about 4 I had long term. One is an Original Oracle AC with Sumiko FT-4 premier arm. The other a Yamaha PF1000, all stock (except cart...
  12. Yamahaha

2 bad Goldnotes in a row

So, I bought a Goldnote Valore 425 SE. Got it home and the motor was real noisy. Contacted dealer who got a replacement from distributor. He looked at table one, made some bold statements about knowing exactly was wrong, called it "cogging" said it was unacceptable and sent me home with table #2...
  13. Yamahaha

Gold Note Motor - whats that noise?

Who can came that noise? Same with belt on or off.
  14. Yamahaha

Anyone else disgusted with (NU Vinyl)?

I will never understand why anyone would buy an album recorded in digital, mixed digital and mastered digital on Vinyl. Yet its hard to explain to the new generation that goes home with it, puts it on a Crosley thru bookshelf speakers and raves about the analog sound. Hair pulling insanity. The...
  15. Yamahaha

Show your FAVORITE turntable(s)

My #1 Oracle AC 1979 #2 Yamaha PF-1000 The one that got away wish I never sold was a Yamaha PX-2 (no pic)
  16. Yamahaha

Need manuals for Oracle Delphi AC

I have acquired an Oracle Dephli AC ... not the MK I, MK II etc but the original AC model. The suspension has been completely rebuilt and it holds speed great. The only issue I have is the light on front is burned out. I want to replace. Looking for service manual or schematic to see what bulb...
  17. Yamahaha

Oracle Delphi MK 1 what is it worth? Help

I have the chance to buy this unit. Its a MK1 that has been rebuilt with new suspension and motor work. The speed is supposedly fine, without getting it and really testing it I wouldn't know for sure but the guy seems fine and I know who did the work, there are receipts ... not to much to doubt...
  18. Yamahaha

SimAudio Moon why no threads active?

I see SimAudio Moon at Canadian dealers everywhere. Yet nothing but magazine reviews. No forum discussions. Are Sim owners the quietest people ever? I dont own any myself. Tried lots at the dealers. Very expensive and terrible resale value. So I wonder, how many actually own this stuff? Large...
  19. Yamahaha

Hegel HD12

After trying a few I finally got a unit which sounds pretty good. Hegel HD12 Sounds much nicer than my Oppo. Simple to use, not a bunch of buttons. Display is a little ugly but it shuts off easy enough. Still not throwing out my turntable but I think I can actually listen to digital on this...
  20. Yamahaha

EV 12" drivers with styrofoam cones?

I have two of these. They were pulled from a vintage speaker but I cant remember which now. Cleaning out the junk room and wondering what the deal is with these Styrofoam cones. They work in crude test but I haven't bothered hooking them up for real to anything. Anyway can anyone help me...
  21. Yamahaha

Sim Audio Moon re badge?

This has some up in the past http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/index.php/topic/58253-18k-simaudio-moon-cp-8-is-just-a-repackaged-1200-denon-receiver/page-3 and I've heard some bad things about a few other Sim offerings lately (Luxman rebadge) Anyone have a list of Re Badged Moon stuff?
  22. Yamahaha

PIcking up my A-s2100 this weekend (currently using A-s2000)

Finally bit it and ordered an A-s2100 after using my 2000 for a year or so. I love the 2000 and still dont know how much improvement I can possibly get but we'll see. Already have a buyer waiting for my 2000.
  23. Yamahaha

A-s2000 trade to A-S2100 anyone tried?

I love my A-s2000. Thinking of trading up to the A-S2100 I have no local dealers. Anyone compare these in real life?
  24. Yamahaha

Brazilian Rosewood SX-1250

After getting all the electronics done and working ... I redid the case in Brazilian Rosewood. http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag338/nosguitardotcom/Brazilian%20SX-1250/IMG_0025_zpsxju2ocso.jpg
  25. Yamahaha

Buying new bed. Temperpedic anyone?

Real off topic but everyone buys beds. Looking at the expense of temperpedic and wondering if anyone has experience? I have a bad back and like a firm mattress. Feels good in the store.
Back
Top Bottom