Search results

1. J

Revox B791

Hi, As I am on the look out for parts to do a semi DIY table. I came across a Revo B791 that is physically in very good condition and is claimed to work as expected. I don't know it's history but I expect I would be recapping this whole thing if I got it. I've always wanted to pick up a linear...
  2. J

Semi DIY turntable

Hi, I'm thinking about doing a semi DIY turntable. I thought a good starting point "might" be to start with one of the Denon direct drive motor units. Seems that DP1000, 2000, 3000 units are not too hard to find. I also see DP80s on occasion as well as higher sequence 1000s ( 7000.... ). Does...
  3. J

What to do, what to do

Hi, So I'm about to go off on some tangents. One thing I'm GOING to do is build a custom table. Have many ideas flopping around in my head, just need to settle a few things. This will be a ground up project and will take a while. In the mean time, I want to pick up another off the shelf. I was...
  4. J

missing thread, another which turntable to get.

Anyone else have threads disappear? I had a thread " Another which turntable to get " thread, had some good responses, now gone ( just days old ). Anyway, I was looking between the MMF 2.3 and Pro-ject Debut Carbon. Though seems the MMF 2.2 is a good buy now. Others I have been eyeing are the...
  5. J

HD700s discontinued?????

Is it true? I just happened to be trolling for HD700 mods and ran into the Crutchfield site where they claim they are discontinued. I have not found any other info anywhere. Joel
  6. J

Easy to get carried away.......

Recently I got into this better audio kick. Started off just listening to my iPod with My MDR-V6s, sounded pretty good to me. I always wanted a tube amp to play with so I ended up with a Little Dot 1+ that I hooked the iPod to. I was hoping that the iPod had a real line out through the doc...
  7. J

Fidelio X2

Hi, This is a follow on to my Sony MDR-V6 upgrade thread. I have now been listing to the X2s for a while and can say I am pleased with the way they sound. Even to my tired old ears I feel like I'm hearing more. The music I listen to spans many genre, rock, classical, jazz, .... I still can't...
  8. J

mdr-v6 upgrade

Hi, I have a pair of MDR-V6s I've had since the late 80s. I am happy with the way they sound, but music seems to be centered in my head. I'd like to have something with more presence, something when you close your eyes you can visualize where the vocals and instruments are. For what I will...
  9. J

M1 restore and system build

Hi, I just picked up an M1 amp to restore. Once it is done, I will be looking for a preamp for it. I would like to find a C1, but they seem to be hit or miss as far as availability. What would be some other choices that would be a good match to the M1. Now it could be a temporary preamp until...
  10. J

New to me speakers ( non sansui ) WOW

So after I did the recap on my 9090DB I thought boy, my SP3500s sound better. I just picked up a pair of Dunlavy SM1s. The 9090 is a totally different animal now. I did an A B comparison. Now when I listen to the SP3500s, music sounds like it's being played in a small hall with echo. The SM1s...
  11. J

What next

Hi, So now that my 9090DB recap is done, I want another Sansui for another room. Just easy listening. I like the AU-717, the G7000 and up, G6700 and up. Maybe like the idea of separates or integrated amp over a receiver this go around. Also probably want to stay $500 - $600. Don't mind if I...
  12. J

9090DB re-cap

Hi, Several years ago I bought a 9090DB on E-Bay. It was in reasonably good condition and worked OK except for noisy controls and dirty contacts on the protection board relay. I used Deoxit on everything and that addressed all the issues. I was going to re-cap it at that time but decided to...
Back
Top Bottom