Search results

1. stupidhead

Picture from your listening spot right now!

The system has evolved into this over the years. and from the seat to the 5s is about 30'. Here is the view to the speakers currently playing.
  2. stupidhead

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I suppose it is possible, I often go somewhere. LOL Do you or have you attended Frankenfest?
  3. stupidhead

chevrolet! he was actually saying "Todo 'stá bien chévere" not Chevrolet! LOL
  4. stupidhead

local guitar amp service

thanx for the input everyone. I will explore the various options and get this on a bench soon. As for "what's going on with it, working wise?" I can honestly say I do not know! I got this amp from a friend who thought I might like it due to my general antique/vintage collection of things. It...
  5. stupidhead

local guitar amp service

Indeed it is!
  6. stupidhead

local guitar amp service

Hey now! I have an old GA-20 that I would like someone to rehab. I am in southern New Hampshire (03031) and would be able to deliver to a tech within say a 100 mile radius. Is there anyone in the community known for such service? Geoff
  7. stupidhead

Grateful Dead spins:

last night
  8. stupidhead

New CD player? New DVD player? Fix Oppo?

I will try this and report back
  9. stupidhead

Oppo no longer services this model. The unit powers up but will not open/close the drawer. I do have the remote (fresh batteries) and it will not open with it either. Does anyone know of a qualified tech for this kind of unit? I am in southern New Hampshire but happy to transport/ship wherever...
  10. stupidhead

and the response from them was they no longer service the DV-981HD. Are there any service resources otherwise? Is this even worth chasing or should I find an equivalent universal player? Is there an equivalent replacement? thanx, Geoff
  11. stupidhead

This is encouraging soundboy. I will reach out to them tomorrow.
  12. stupidhead

Hello Akers! I have a used Oppo DV-981HD that is in need of service.....or replacement? A few years ago this player went bad and Oppo no longer was servicing players and went a different direction as a business. Hoping they would regroup and start servicing old players was my dream so I tucked...
  13. stupidhead

Nakamichi OMS 7AII service?

Hi all! I have dug out this player and feel it is likely worth bringing back to life. Can anybody point me in the direction of someone who can go through this and get it running. I plugged it in and it will open and close drawer but display for disc function stays in "stand-by" and won't spin up...
  14. stupidhead

went to the "Vinyl Bowl" in Dedham this past Saturday and had a grand time. Found some nice treasures and spent all day yesterday running through some of them. The Wolf Brothers is awesome!
  15. stupidhead

picked this one up earlier and man I forgot how much I love this album
  16. stupidhead

no words. this is awesome. been listening since Friday afternoon when I got this box.
  17. stupidhead

Technics SL-5200 parts diagram?

Hey now! I am looking at resurrecting an old machine I have had in storage for quite some time. It has been previously dis-assembled and the screws/washers etc. are missing that mount the base to the mechanism. A search on vinyl engine got me an owner's manual but not a parts breakdown and...
  18. stupidhead

Portraits/People

19. stupidhead

Ω Ω Saturday October 21st 2023 FALL FrankenFest in West Boylston, MA Ω Ω

I see a few familiar folks here on this thread. Looks like I will be able to join in on Saturday for a while. Hoping to find some fresh vinyl. See you then!
  20. stupidhead

Grateful Dead spins:

tragedy nearly averted
  21. stupidhead

2270 phono issue?

Wow, thanx for all the thoughts here. Where do I start? Dankik has posed an interesting possibility. While I understand the scenario they pose, I am hesitant to tear into this on my own, I have always been a bit ham handed. I have recently had some interaction with a local to me "tech" who has...
  22. stupidhead

2270 phono issue?

no, when using the Thorens I get no undesirable sounds. Only the 2270 and 1229 combo. And only when the start or stop function has the arm raised for either function. the original post has a link to video of the problem.
  23. stupidhead

2270 phono issue?

Hello folks, I have been enjoying my recently revived Dual 1229. I had been using my 2325 to drive it but have also revived my Thorens TD 320 mkii and figured if I used my 2270 with it's two phono inputs, I could do some easy comparisons with the two tables and flipping carts. I hooked it up...
Back
Top Bottom