Search results

1. T

Recommendations for Smooth/Silky 5751's for PV5

Would anybody recommend new production Tung Sol 5751s for the PV5?
  2. T

Is there a downside to using the USB audio output on a Synology NAS?

Thanks for the replies. Yes, USB audio out of the back of the NAS, which goes straight to my DAC. I can also control volume digitally via the DS AUDIO/Audio Station app on my iPhone or iPad, which function as a remote. I don't have a need for Spotify or any online service...I'm content...
  3. T

Is there a downside to using the USB audio output on a Synology NAS?

I've been using my Synology NAS to host my music library and have been streaming audio directly out of the USB output to my Rega DAC. I'm using the onboard app Audio Station -- It sounds great and is incredibly convenient. Am I missing something here? Is there a reason to get a dedicated music...
  4. T

Advice -- first tube component? CJ, Fisher, Mcintosh

That isn't something I've really considered (my dynaudio's being a mismatch for those integrateds) - which is why Audiokarma rules - thanks so much for the tips! Any opinions on the Adcom being a good/bad match for a CJ tube preamp?
  5. T

Thanks! I should have also noted that I live in NYC - so my room is relatively small - I don't need a loud system at all. The Adcom is never close to being pushed.
  6. T

I'm trying upgrade my system (with a $1200 limit). I want to get into tubes - but not sure which route to go - a tube integrated, or a tube preamp to use with my SS amp. I primarily listen to vinyl (phono preamp is important), and find my system a bit sterile at the moment. My system is...
  7. T

Help with Yamaha C-4 Phono - loose wire!

Thanks all for the help! xratedpez and avionic were so helpful! My C4 is again producing some excellent phono pleasure!
  8. T

Hi...I was referred to you via one of my posts on AK about a fix for my Yamaha C-4. I'm having...

Hi...I was referred to you via one of my posts on AK about a fix for my Yamaha C-4. I'm having some trouble with the phono stage, and it seems like its just a wire that came loose. (i'm hoping). Are you in NYC? Do you work on this sort of thing? I'm such a rookie when it comes to soldering...I...
  9. T

Thank you SO MUCH for the reply regarding the loose wire in C-4...amazingly generous of you...

Thank you SO MUCH for the reply regarding the loose wire in C-4...amazingly generous of you! I thought that might have been it, but how do it get it to stay in the hole? I can do very BASIC soldering...is that necessary? Also, do you think this wire being loose would create the problems...
  10. T

Help with Yamaha C-4 Phono - loose wire!

I'm hoping somebody can help me with my c-4. I love this thing...sounds incredible! BUT, I moved it recently, and my phono stage is now all messed up. I opened it up, and see a loose wire, but I'm not sure where it should go. Its not very obvious. I'm a rookie when it comes to schematics, and...
Back
Top Bottom