Search results

1. S

What are some shows that you were surprised that you enjoyed?

I watched “The Wire” last year and got hooked on what a great show it was. I tried watching it when it originally aired on HBO way back when and could never get into it.
  2. S

Just Watched "The Changeling" 1980

I saw this movie on TV sometime in the summer of 1984 when I was 17. Scared the crap out of me.
  3. S

Any repair shops in Raleigh NC area?

My Yamaha Aventage AVR has developed serious issues with volume and input selection. I’d like to get it fixed if it is not too expensive but can’t find a repair shop local online. Anyone know of a reputable shop around the Raleigh area? Thanks
  4. S

Stereos in apartments: what do y’all do?

How do you like 500L’s? Huge BA fan and have always wanted a pair.
  5. S

Most listened to album in your lifetime?

Not sure but probably Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits.
  6. S

Sony DVP-S3000 CD/DVD Player

I had one of these briefly in the early days of DVD. It was a solid performer and if I remember correctly only a slight step down from the Sony 7000. Cosmetics are definitely different with no drop down front panel door.
  7. S

Firmware update for Airport Extreme router

Got the notice for my airport express today.
  8. S

My System.

Looks great!
  9. S

Rotel repair in North Carolina?

There are Rotel dealers in NC. I believe Audio Advice has locations in Raleigh and in Charlotte. Give them a call and they can likely point you to a good repair shop.
  10. S

North Carolina anyone?

I live in Clayton. Just outside of Raleigh.
  11. S

Multi-disk CD Players?

I have been using a Yamaha DVD-CX1 5 disc changer since 2003 or 2004 and it is still going strong. It was a flagship piece at the time and is a very solid performer. Plays DVD's, DVD-A, and CD's.
  12. S

Do you miss a particular audio brick-and-mortar store?

There was a fairly small chain in NC and TN that I bought all of my equipment from in the early '90's through mid-2000's that I miss. Started as Stereo Sound the became NOW AV and was eventually bought by tweeter. Spent a lot of time there during those years.
  13. S

KROKUS

Screaming in the night!!
  14. S

What was the fastest car you ever owned?

1995 Z-28 with 6 speed. Had it up to 138 before I chickened out and backed off the gas.
  15. S

What was the last movie you watched?

"Creed" last night on blurry and a western on Showtime this morning called "The Forsaken" with Keifer Sutherland.
  16. S

Score! Sony DVP=S7000 and questions..

My bad. I didn't remember the 7000 coming with the drop down panel. Nice player!!
  17. S

Score! Sony DVP=S7000 and questions..

That is a 7700 not a 7000.
  18. S

Home theater in the making

looking good.
  19. S

AC/DC Back in Black or G n R Appetite For Destruction????

Maybe it depends on your age when each was released. For me it is Back in Black, for my brother who is several years younger it is Appetite. Both are really good albums.
  20. S

I used to hate the 'Source Direct' button but now...

If I understand correctly using source direct does away with small speaker settings and runs them full range and pulls the sub out of the mix. Less of an impact if you have large speakers and more if you are running bookshelf speakers. Any internal processing done by your receiver is also...
  21. S

Sony DVP-S7700

They do have 2 lasers whic was a big selling point, along with ability to play DTS encoded DVD's, when they first came out. A very solid and good sounding player.
  22. S

What speakers for classical guitar?

I have Boston Acoustic VR-M60's that sound amazing with acoustic instruments, especially the guitar. You can find them used for around $400 a pair.
  23. S

Vandersteen 2CE signatures

Thanks for the responses. I saw a pair locally on craigslist and have been thinking about trying them out.
  24. S

Vandersteen 2CE signatures

What is a fair value for Vandersteen 2ce signature speakers with stands? Approx 15 years old. Thanks.
  25. S

Are carousel CD changers good?

I have been using a Yamaha CX-1 for several years with no issue and the sound is great.
Back
Top Bottom