Search results

1. sberger

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

2. sberger

Speed control for AC synchronous motors now that MH Cruise Control is discontinued?

If you can find one, I recommend the VPI SDS. I use it successfully with my XA, Thorens TD 145, and even a Garrard 301.
  3. sberger

4412 woofer replacement

Thanks very much. He didn't know about Upland Speakers/Edgewound and will be contacting them. I'll also pass along the info about the voice coils.
  4. sberger

4412 woofer replacement

A buddy's 4412 has a woofer that according to him is blown. He says he can feel the coil rubbing. He's tried to find a replacement woofer but again according to him they are unobtainable . He's contacted all the repair sites and got nowhere, evidently because not enough units sold for JBL to...
  5. sberger

MC-30 the best Mac Tube Amp??

I adore my 30's, 225, and 240. Would never think of letting them go. And if I ever get the opportunity to buy a pair of restored MC60's within what I can pay, I probably will. For some reason I have no desire to own any other Mc tube amps, including the 275. Not that I doubt it's greatness, just...
  6. sberger

JBL 033 tweeter dome repair

Do the pushed in domes create an audible problem?
  7. sberger

I'm using GE 6L6GC's, Tele 12AX and AU7's, RCA 12BH7, and McIntosh labeled 5U4GB's.
  8. sberger

After sending them back they were returned perfect and have been great since. No issues whatsoever. The one lesson I did learn in dealing with AC you have to be very clear as to what your expectations are, and what you expect to receive for your money. In turn, they should be very clear as to...
  9. sberger

What Klipsch Is Your Tube Gear Matched With?

I've driven my early 80's La Scala's with everything from chip amps to vintage McIntosh tube gear, and they have never sounded less then wonderful. The only mod I've done is they have a pair of Dean's Universal X-overs. Currently driving with a pair of Mcintosh MC30's and either a Mc MX110 or...
  10. sberger

McIntosh tube amp/tube pre-amp recommendation, driving KLH Model 5s

Well, as far as availability, especially for those that should be essentially plug and play, not really. When they say "Call for availability" it usually means they don't have one. And when they classify it as a "Special Item" it's usually one that is in the museum and not for sale. Usually if...
  11. sberger

McIntosh tube amp/tube pre-amp recommendation, driving KLH Model 5s

Ditto on this. Use both with the 5's and both are great. Don't overlook something like a MC2105, or 250, or 2100, if you can't find the right tube option available. These early solid state's are wonderful sounding, and have very warm presentation not unlike the classic Mc tube amps. And they...
  12. sberger

Who here owns their ultimate/dream/"grail" turntable and what is it?

Thank you! Found out today it was born in 1956, so a year older then me. I'm guessing it will easily outlive me.
  13. sberger

Who here owns their ultimate/dream/"grail" turntable and what is it?

As of today, I own my ultimate dream grail turntable.
  14. sberger

VPI SDS vs PTP power controller...what's the difference

http://www.ptpaudio.com/controllerI've used an SDS for many years with good results for a number of different tables beyond VPI tables. AR, Fairchild 412, Thorens TD145 to name a few recent ones. I've now acquired a Garrard 301, completely restored. It did sit in a cold garage of the previous...
  15. sberger

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

16. sberger

FINALLY, onwardjames gets his tube amp!!!

Congratulations on the continuation of the audio journey! I'm guessing you sleep patterns will dramatically change in the coming days, in that you won't get much. And from a fellow tube lover, be very careful of that rabbit hole. It's steep and fast :rflmao:
  17. sberger

ADC Integra ID help needed (which stylus).

I have XLM II and III and they do well with my SME 3009 Uimproved. Really great sounding cart.
  18. sberger

ADC Integra ID help needed (which stylus).

Old thread but thought I'd add to it that in addition to the XLM series of stylus' that are meant for the Integra(I have both I and II) I've also been able to successfully use ADC RS I and II stylus' which I had laying around. These were made for the Series I and II Private Label cartridges, but...
  19. sberger

Ares II paired with vintage tube amps.

I just received an Ares II today, and after watching the video and playing with I believe this is how it works. Hopefully it will help whomever stumbles on this thread in the future. When you hit the mute button, then the DAC is in toggle mode. Toggle it on or off for whatever mode you want it...
  20. sberger

McIntosh Cabinet Repair SF Bay Area

Simply stunning! And a pretty sweet system you got there as well. Congratulations!
  21. sberger

Sony 2251 and/or 2250 owners thread

Cool. I'd like to get one of those myself. What's the "headshell tree"?
  22. sberger

McIntosh Cabinet Repair SF Bay Area

Beautiful job from a fellow Oaklander!
  23. sberger

Looking for my first Mac component, preamp

Tom has a C37 listed for a pretty decent price. Really excellent preamp. https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/c37-sounding-sweet.953133/
Back
Top Bottom