Search results

1. bill7621

Buying Used Vinyl and Giving Feedback

I agree but not everyone's standards are the same. Buying used though is hit and miss and to add to the frustration , you're buying sight unseen. If advertised as NM-, just assume it's lesser quality. Also, if possible, buy from a used record store. At least you can see it first and maybe even...
  2. bill7621

Pioneer PL-10 odd optional item

That looks like an incomplete tonearm lifter.
  3. bill7621

AT cart ID

here ya go!
  4. bill7621

Which table does the ex wife get?

Personally, I'd keep the Thorens. As you stated, they're harder to replace.
  5. bill7621

Pencil eraser to clean heads

Yeah, I don't think I'd do this either. Pencil erasers are abrasive and you could end up ruining your heads which you'll never find affordable replacements. Stick with q-tips and whatever cleaning solution you prefer. I use denatured alcohol. Acetone if the residue is stubborn, but in reality...
  6. bill7621

Pioneer RT-901

Try putting a wide rubber band over the screw and try again with the phillips. I seriously doubt it will work but it's worth a try before you go to extremes. That's a really nice deck you were given. I always preferred the 901 over the 909 simply because there was less that could go wrong.
  7. bill7621

Sennheiser HD600, 650, 660S …What’s best?

Well, I almost canceled but didn't. Something kept telling me to stick it out. Good things come to them that wait. Mine will be here by Thursday. I'm really looking forward to them.
  8. bill7621

Sennheiser HD600, 650, 660S …What’s best?

You got you're HD 58X headphones already? From Drop? I ordered the 6XX the day after Christmas. They were in stock and were supposed to ship Jan. 2. Now apparently there's a problem at/with the warehouse and won't ship till Feb. 28, 2023 (supposedly). I'm on the fence about canceling, but it...
  9. bill7621

Lab 500 gold coated parts or just really dirty?

Looks like nicotine residue from being around smokers.
  10. bill7621

Is a MC cartridge to light for a SME 3009 IIIS

It might just be me, but your anti skate weight looks like it's resting on the top of you plinth rather than hanging free.
  11. bill7621

Kenwood KD 500 rubber grommets for transformer

Rubber O-rings might work and should be cheap.
  12. bill7621

Technics SL-110 Turntable, I want a DIFFERENT Tonearm. Can it be done ?

I have the same setup and like you, thought of a different arm. There's no reason you couldn't mount anything you want on it. You'll need a different arm board made though to get the correct spindle to pivot distance. Should be easy enough. There are a lot of exotic woods you could use as well...
  13. bill7621

Why would my SL-1600 MKII sound degrade after playing for a couple of hours?

not to be a smart ass or anything, but is it possible you have some crud built up on the needle? It happens!
  14. bill7621

SME 3009 damaged in shipping.

I was told years ago on over on VE that this shouldn't be done. I just wanted removable head shells. I was advised to sell the fixed head version and buy the removable shell/arm. Darn, I even bought the stylus socket to do the job. It's still a fixed head.
  15. bill7621

Starting to explore what my inherited Stanton EEE can do

Everybody is assuming it's a 681EEE because of the stylus. I don't know much if anything about Stanton cartridges, but since the original owner had a quad setup, could this possibly be a 780 4DQ with the wrong stylus stuck on it? I had one back in the day and liked it on my system (not quad)...
  16. bill7621

Kenwood KD 770 head shell substatute?? HS 51

I think you're going to need the original Kenwood headshell.
  17. bill7621

Kenwood KD 750 quartz indicator lamps??

I think what he says is 5 volt - 0.006 amp.
  18. bill7621

Chassis corrosion

You could always take the chassis somewhere and have it bead blasted. Then a clear finish.
  19. bill7621

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

What purpose do the trumpets serve other than looks? And they do look good, but are they practical?
  20. bill7621

Dust Bug fabric question

I always felt these things created a static charge and attracted dust. I used a Watt's dustbug in the past...way in the past, and although it captured it's share of dust, it seem like I was always fighting static. I quit using it and had less static problems.
  21. bill7621

Off to a tough start with first TT purchase. Traveled home with tone arm unlocked

I'm glad you got it figured out. I did indeed miss that post and I read through them all (I thought). I apologize for that. I'd hate to see you get discouraged before you gave it a chance. And once you get all the little bugs worked out, you're really going to like things!
  22. bill7621

Off to a tough start with first TT purchase. Traveled home with tone arm unlocked

I have to say it was suggested you clean the stylus and yet you keep looking in other areas like cables and such. You then mention the two little "feelers" coming off the stylus, even showing a picture. That my friend is dust and it almost looks like a small dust ball behind the needle. Have you...
  23. bill7621

electrovoice interface a

I have a pair and love them. Bought them new in '74 and I don't think I'd ever part with them. Great sound from a speaker this size.
  24. bill7621

Wall mount question/help

Tapcons are great for this but they dont like to be removed and reinserted more than a couple times. The lead anchors sound like the best bet.
Back
Top Bottom