Search results

1. ekimezeerf

Kenwood KR-8340 Protection No Click

**SOLVED** On the protection board I installed Q2 (2SA1220) backwards. Re-installed in the correct orientation and now it works perfectly. Watch those pin-outs everyone! I feel so silly and so relieved at the same time.
  2. ekimezeerf

Both pins 9 and 30 on the main amp board have ~3.87 volts. Again, I assume this voltage should be 0 volts. I've tried tracing this voltage throughout the main amp board and all components test fine. No bad resistors, I've replaced all electrolytic caps, and tested all transistors for shorts...
  3. ekimezeerf

A-09 on the Protection Board? I have readings of the following: Pin 1 = 0.110 v Pin 2 = 0.052 v Pin 3 = -0.012v Pin 4 = 0.055 v Not exactly 0 volts, is there adjustment for this or does it indicate something elsewhere?
  4. ekimezeerf

Hello everyone! I looking for some help with a Kenwood KR-8340 Two Four Receiver. I've read through every post I could find about this family of receivers (KR-7340, 8340 & 9340) but haven't been able to narrow down my problem. When I power up the unit with a current limited variac, I get no...
  5. Kenwood KR-8340 Main Amp Close Up

Kenwood KR-8340 Main Amp Close Up

6. KR-8340 Protection Pin Voltage

KR-8340 Protection Pin Voltage

7. KR-8340 Protection Diode Voltage

KR-8340 Protection Diode Voltage

8. KR-8340 Protection Board

KR-8340 Protection Board

Protection Board from a Kenwood KR-8340
  9. KR8340 Protection

KR8340 Protection

Protection Relay Explanation
  10. Kenwood KR-8340

Kenwood KR-8340

11. ekimezeerf

CA-800 Bias Problems After DOA Rebuild

I removed the incorrect 4.7k ohm resistors R626 & R627 and installed the correct 4.7 ohm resistors. It's working! Class B Mode bias was set at 50 mV Class A Mode bias at 850 mV It sounds amazing, really. I've had a chance to listen to a lot of cool vintage sets and amps but this CA-800 is...
  12. ekimezeerf

Just checked some photos of the rebuilt amp boards... R626 & R627 are supposed to be 4.7 ohm according to my schematic. Can I get a sanity check on that? From my photos I can clearly see that I installed 4.7k ohm resistors in both location on both boards :no: Time to go back and check all...
  13. ekimezeerf

Yeah...because both boards are affected/behaving the same way I'm really lost. I'll go back and check D603,4 and start a list of the voltages for the transistors. (may take me a few days to gather and post). As for the fuses, F602 on the Left Amp Board was blown when I first got the unit. I...
  14. ekimezeerf

I also wanted to note that on the Right Amp board, when the unit is powered up in Class B mode, There is definite ringing (oscillation?) noise coming from the bi-polar 47uF capacitor that sits between TR604 and TR601. If I touch it with an insulated screw driver, the bias drops 1-5 mv and the...
  15. ekimezeerf

I did note the pin-out difference and installed them accordingly. And TR605 was replaced with a KSC1815. It was turned 180 degrees from original transistor orientation, so the pin-out should be correct. It may be difficult to see in my photo (because of the heat shrink I used) but TR604 and...
  16. ekimezeerf

Here's the readings I got this weekend. I'll have to go back tonight and follow mbz's list of readings as they are more comprehensive: Mode------Pins------L-------R-------- Normal---BC----0.9ohms--0.9ohms SC----480ohms--484ohms AC----8.06K ohms---8.1K ohms Class A...
  17. ekimezeerf

For testing the Ohms verifying the switch is functional, in NORMAL mode I should have something like this: Normal: B-C <1 ohm S-C ~470 ohm A-C >5k ohm Class A: A-C <1 ohm S-C <1 ohm B-C >5 kohm Or do I have that reversed?
  18. ekimezeerf

Thanks avionic, I have 5k Bourns Multi-Turn trimmers installed. I'll double check the wiring from the amp board to the mode switch. Just to be clear, these are the wires you're talking about right?: Amp Board SCBA Wire by ekimezeerf posted Jun 9, 2018 at 1:29 PMOp Switch CSBA Wire by ekimezeerf...
  19. ekimezeerf

Hey everyone, long time lurker, first time posting. A friend brought me a dead CA-800, would not power on and many signs of heat stress on main amp and power boards. Our thought was the PO has dumped a bottle of cologne on it due to it's aroma and the goop present everywhere inside. I've...
Back
Top Bottom