Search results

1. Will3

Schiit Lokius

Yep; that's the real Schiit ya got there! Welcome to the club!
  2. Will3

Is This Worth Saving?

It's available on the Sony.com website, along with the user manual.
  3. Will3

OPPO Blu-ray/DVD Player as CD Player

Your the first person to notice in 3 years...... :whip:
  4. Will3

OPPO Blu-ray/DVD Player as CD Player

I run an OPPO DV971 thru a Bifrost 2 into Edifier 1280DB's ($120 NEW?!)and old 8" powered sub and it sometimes just SHOCKS me when a listen to it!
  5. Will3

What's the most coherent sounding 2-way speakers you've ever heard ?

+1 for the EPI-100's!
  6. Will3

Rip Van Winkle seeking amp advice.

I know this is an OLD thread, still this might help someone! This setup Edifier 1280DB powered speakers with bass-treble adj, REMOTE, analog (2), digital, internal dac, and bluetooth inputs. ($125.00 NEW!?) The Edifier set shares the living room with my main system; when the main set is a...
  7. Will3

What small speaker has surprised you with bass output?

The ones I have NOW are; 1. Monitor Audio Silver 1 bookshelfs (2014-15) in my bedroom system, powered by a Kenwood DA-9010 Integrated amp; yikes! STOUT bass.... 2. Edifier 1280DB powered speakers with bass-treble adj, REMOTE, analog (2), digital, internal dac, and bluetooth inputs. ($125.00...
  8. Will3

List the top 3 best sounding speakers you have ever owned.

Have to add Monitor Audio Silver 500 7G in use since Nov. 2022.. Edifier R1280DB w Phase Tech 8" sub; VERY NICE for the (new) PRICE!
  9. Will3

Lexicon CP-1

Yikes. Thanks!
  10. Will3

New phono preamp from SCHIIT - the Skoll

They've probably recieved a coupla hundred orders already.
  11. Will3

New phono preamp from SCHIIT - the Skoll

Ditto. I'll order one by Xmas as long as it performs as well/better than my Mani2. (Thorens TD-125 II) Remote? Balanced? Discrete? $400? Schitt? No Brainer.......
  12. Will3

Lexicon CP-1

Is that Lexicon CP-1 remote still available? I have a mint CP-1 Plus I'd like to play with.
  13. Will3

Best Kenwood integrated amplifier KA- series ?

DA-9010 "Digital Ready" integrated amplifier from 1990. Replaced the KA-7300 I thought I'd always keep. No regrets. 40lbs, 110wpc into 8 ohms, 340wpc burst and 2 ohm stable. Largest transformer I've ever seen on a 100wpc class integrated amplifier...Bedroom/2nd system is DONE. Again.....
  14. Will3

What TT's do you folks have

On my living room set, I have a Sony PS-X75 with a Parks DSP preamp and a Thorens TD-125 MkII into a Schiit Mani 2 pre. The bedroom TT is a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon USB w Ortofon OM20 stylus. Very content with all of them for now!
  15. Will3

Schiit Mani Battery Power Supply

After catching up on this: I went to my computer junk box for a Toshiba 16V computer p/s in hopes the plug (16v) would fit so I could try it on my Mani. Only saw a 19V supply that looked to have that same size plug as the16V. Fit fine, and after A-B testing about a half hour find the Mani has...
  16. Will3

Thorens TD-125 MkII - Modern Comparison?

IHappy to own and enjoy these. TD-125 mkii with stock tonearm, Shure v15 type iv with Jico HE or M97xe cartridge/ stylus. Sony PS-X75 with various weight headshells, cartridges, and AT beryllium styli including atn152lc, atn152ml, atn155lc, or signet 50 w gold plated beryllium stylus. Lots of...
  17. Will3

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Kenwood!!!
  18. Will3

List the top 3 best sounding speakers you have ever owned.

JVC SK-1000 II NHT VT-2.4 Polk LSI15 w upgraded woofers
  19. Will3

"Best" inexpensive Class D amp?

Emotiva had some 300 dollar ea. monoblocks that got very good reviews. Theyr'e out of stock right now but say more are coming.
  20. Will3

Jvc l-e5

The JVC is better. It's even listed in the Vintage Knob website. Serious weight and motor. It sounds very nice for a conical stylus. I play mine with the cover removed, thru a Carver MXR 130 receiver and Polk LSI bookshelf speakers (no sub) in my bedroom system. Be aware that all replacement...
  21. Will3

Which Yamaha CDC units are the best?

I know this is a ten year old thread, but in case anyone wants to know; I presently have CDC-845 and CDC-775 changers that I've listened to extensively and the 775 ends up upsetting the 845. The CDC 845 is great on it's own, especially in a sysyem on the bright side of neutral. The CDC-775 has...
  22. Will3

What are the top three multi disk CD players from Yamaha

Way late to the party, but I think the CDC-845 was at or near TOTL. Pro-Bit DAC, very nice sound for a single bit DAC. Mine won't be going anywhere.
  23. Will3

Ampex 402 vs Heathkit SP-2 vs Dynaco PAS3

If you end up with a Heathkit SP-2 in good condition, you won't be disappointed. I recently acquired an original, untouched unit that works so well I keep putting off a rebuild. :rolleyes: I need some sleep...
  24. Will3

Heathkit Sp2 heavily modded. Need experienced opinion

Just aquirred an SP-2. Only mod is a better set of legs. Missing an EF86 tube, replaced by a mullard, all other tubes original Heath by Mullard, Great Britain. Cleaned it up, de-oxed and I'm impressed! Phono section is very detailed, and old jazz on CD also stands out. Listening to Miles right...
  25. Will3

Ampex 402 vs Heathkit SP-2 vs Dynaco PAS3

Heathkit Sp-2 Very Nice phono section.
Back
Top Bottom