Search results

1. Quad4Life

Sony TC-K677ES or TC-K730ES?

Hello Everyone, With my 43rd birthday coming in a week, I'm planning to finally purchase a 3 head cassette deck. Something I've been wanting for more than a few years now. I have my sights set on the two models listed in the subject but I'm not sure which to make a move on as each one has, in...
  2. Quad4Life

Sony CDP-520ES - a few questions.

Hello again drp1003, I'm glad you realized that I wasn't criticizing your methods and I was just "thinking out loud", or at least I hope you did. :) I did go back and edit my post as I had meant to say "Nichicon PW's", which I what I have been using for power supply capacitors capacitors and...
  3. Quad4Life

I bought mine from eBay. The longer, thinner primary belt needed to be replaced but the shorter, thicker secondary belt was fine after boiling and cleaning with rubber rejuvenator. I tried the thinner secondary belt from the eBay kit and it kept walking off the large pulley. The purchased belt...
  4. Quad4Life

Hello drp1003, Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to avoid disassembly of the Alps pot but I did consider it. I tried all of the usual stuff you mentioned to troubleshoot and it just may be an extremely dirty pot that will need to be R&R'd. I will remove it in the near future to see if a...
  5. Quad4Life

Hello Everyone, I recently acquired a vintage Sony CDP-520ES through marketplace. It was $50 and a 4 hour round trip but I’d say it was worthwhile. It need some cleaning and lubrication of the drawer slides as well as one new belt. A few questions I have are: Does anyone know the size of...
  6. Quad4Life

Capacitor question - odd description.

Regarding the recap debate. I've been debating this myself on this unit. It needs the belt changed but it is a PITA to get to it.Had to disassemble quite far including desoldering a dozen or so wires (took detailed pictures). My thoughts were to just swap the caps out while already in this deep...
  7. Quad4Life

Interesting. Thanks! Makes me wonder why they didn’t just label it generically as “electrolytic” like all the others. It was obvious what it was as you stated. Regards, Bobby
  8. Quad4Life

Hello all, I’m working on a Sanyo portable cassette recorder (M1180) and, while looking at the component list in the Sanyo service manual, I find an odd capacitor description. The capacitor description is “Capacitor CD” and looks like a normal electrolytic. Would anyone know what this means...
  9. Quad4Life

Pioneer SX-990 phono stage

Hello everyone, I'm preparing to repair the phone stage in my SX-990 which is noisy and has a dead channel. I have all the required parts to complete the repair including transistors. I have used my atlas DCA55 to test all of my transistors to put them in gain matched groups.I will replace all...
  10. Quad4Life

What's Pioneer in your rig?

Recently added a thrift store bargain PD-6010 to my kit. Manufactured January 1986. Just needed a new 5V voltage regulator. Added a CU-6010 remote from eBay and it is now a complete unit.
  11. Quad4Life

Pioneer Component Serial Numbers

PD-6010 GA3649331T Appears to have been made in Japan. Location not specified.
  12. Quad4Life

CT-S99WR opinions

Thanks Awesomeaudio. I didn't think to post in that forum. I just figured it was Pioneer so this one should provide some input as there are many who have experience with the brands cassette decks. Next time I will think to post there too. I bought the deck yesterday. For being made in 1986, it...
  13. Quad4Life

CT-S99WR opinions

Hello everyone, Apparently no opinions either way on this particular deck, but that's ok. I did some research and from what I've found it looks like it'll be worth the $50.00, at least to me. It had some good reviews at the time of its release and it seems the wood side panels were available...
  14. Quad4Life

CT-S99WR opinions

Hello everyone, I have a lead on a Pioneer CT-S99WR dual cassette deck for $50.00 in working condition. The wood end panels are in great shape. Just needs a good cleaning. Is this deck a good one and is the price reasonable? The price as tagged at the shop is $65 but they are willing to let it...
  15. Quad4Life

Pioneer Component Serial Numbers

SX-990 RI 75323 JAPAN Purchased from the original owner last summer.
  16. Quad4Life

Gerrard 620S tonearm drop point issue

Hello everyone, I've been restoring a Garrard 620S turntable for a family friend and have run into one final hurdle. I've completely cleaned and lubricated the changer mechanism and followed all of the adjustment procedures in the service manual I downloaded from vinyl engine. In spite of all...
  17. Quad4Life

SX-990 capacitor variation...

Watthour, Thanks for the response. I will order the 330 uF capacitors. I acquired this SX-990 from its original owner who retained the original documentation. The board layout, part lists and schematics all call for 220 uF even though 330 uF caps were installed at the factory. Must have been a...
  18. Quad4Life

SX-990 capacitor variation...

Hello all, I just started working on the power supply board (W16-022) on my SX-990 and discovered, as I guess can be expected, two caps vary from the schematic. The caps are C5 and C6 which are to be 220 uF 15V and 220uF 25V respectively. The ones installed are both 330 uF of the respective...
  19. Quad4Life

SX-650 or SX-3600?

Well, I'm now the proud owner of a one owner SX-990. Picked it up yesterday afternoon. It needs the controls cleaned and lamps replaced for starters and then a recap. Chatted with owner for a little bit. Really nice guy and said to call if there are any issues. He bought it new in 1972 when he...
  20. Quad4Life

SX-650 or SX-3600?

Thanks for the advice. Everything I've read about the 990 so far has been great. Just emailed the seller. Fingers crossed. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  21. Quad4Life

SX-650 or SX-3600?

A late update: the 3600 sold just before I contacted the seller. What luck. [emoji53] The only local choices left is the 650 I originally asked about, a SX-580 ($40) and a SX-980 ($475). The 980 is outside my budget right now. A SX-990 just posted on CL yesterday for $100. I would have to...
  22. Quad4Life

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

AC/DC Highway to Hell Columbia E80206 Remastered 180 gram vinyl My early Fathers Day gift from the wife and kiddos Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  23. Quad4Life

SX-650 or SX-3600?

Thanks Daunia 70 and gbroot for the advice. The listing for the 3600 was just updated with a price of $95. I may offer $90 and see how it goes. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  24. Quad4Life

SX-650 or SX-3600?

Thanks for your advice qprhooligan. I was leaning towards the 3600 because of the coolness factor of the Fluroscan meter. Do you think $100 is reasonable or should I aim low and see if they are willing to negotiate? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  25. Quad4Life

SX-650 or SX-3600?

Hello everyone, Haven't posted in awhile and glad to be back. Work and family have been keeping me busy. Regarding the subject at hand, I'm looking to add a new (to me) receiver to my collection and have found two for sale locally. One is a SX-650 and the other a SX-3600 with Fluroscan power...
Back
Top Bottom