Search results

1. captainclock

Someone Donated an old RCA Stereophonic New Orthophonic Console today at Goodwill

Hello everyone just as the title suggests someone dropped off over night 3 old console stereos at Goodwill and left them outside the door one was a late 1960s Solid State Magnavox which was missing its record player and then there was a mid 1970s Magnavox Console which was also missing its...
  2. captainclock

Radionics Machines? How hard are they to build from scratch?

Hello everyone I know this is something that seems a little odd to ask about but I have a boss at work that when she heard that I like to repair and restore antique eletronics and what not asked me if I would be able to build her a Radionics Machine, which from what little research I've been...
  3. captainclock

Sansui G-6700 Spotted in a Donation Lowboy at work

Hello Everyone this morning when I was at work I was looking through some of the donation Lowboys just to see if anything came in that was any good (don't worry I wasn't doing backroom shopping as that's against the rules) and I spotted an old record player (an old BSR made Electrovoice Tetrad...
  4. captainclock

Wurlitzer Jukebox Speaker Model 4005

Hello everyone, a couple of months ago I inherited from a friend from church who used to be a professional musician down in Nashville, Tennnessee along with his wife and daughter, a late 1940s Wurlitzer Jukebox wall speaker Model 4005, which when I first saw it I thought it was for a Wurlitzer...
  5. captainclock

Late 1950s Hoover Model 704 Upright Convertable Vacuum Cleaner Found at Goodwill today!

Hello everyone today I found at Goodwill (work) a late 1950s Hoover Model 704 Upright Convertable Vacuum Cleaner that was still in remarkable condition for its age except for a little bit of normal scuff marks from use on the body of the vacuum, even the undercarriage was spotless and rust free...
  6. captainclock

Late 1970s or Early 1980s Vintage RCA Stereophic Alarm Clock Radio

Hello everyone several months ago I found at Goodwill a late 1970s or early 1980s RCA Stereophonic Alarm Clock Radio with a Vacuum Flourescent Display clock and dual alarms and some other neat features. Now the reason why I'm posting this on here and why I think this Alarm Clock is kind of...
  7. captainclock

1970s Sony Digimatic Clock Radio having issues

Hello everyone, today I picked up at Goodwill (work) a 1970s Sony Digimatic Clock radio that everything on it still works except the clock part and I took the clock radio apart to look at the motor driving the mechanism to see if the motor was still working (the motor was spinning from what I...
  8. captainclock

Really upset with my Boss's Boss at work right now...

I am extremely unhappy with my Boss's Boss at work right now because she had people install networked surveillance cameras all over the Goodwill store I work at as a theft deterrent (which is understandable because our donation box outside the facility is constantly broken into) and I'm all for...
  9. captainclock

1948 Motorola Model X77 AM/FM Radio having issues

Hello Everyone, about a couple of months ago I had bought a 1948 Motorola Model X77 AM/FM Radio that the cabinet was in nice shape but the original 3 conductor power cord was gone and I need some help figuring out how to wire a new one into place. The orignal cord had the two outer conducters...
  10. captainclock

Anyone on here know anything about antique electronics?

Hello, just wondering if anyone on here has experience with antique electronics like tube radios or record players because I just got permanently banned from videokarma and that was my only place to go for help concerning issues I may have had with some old radios or record players I was...
  11. captainclock

My latest Goodwill find!

Hello everyone today at work I had found a 1970s vintage Pioneer Tuner model TX-6200 and a 1970s vintage Hitachi Amplifier model IA-600 got them both for $8 and some change, anyways I got them home and cleaned them up (they both were rather filthy) and hooked them up to my projector in the...
  12. captainclock

Found some vintage Zenith Allegro Speakers at Goodwill today!

Hey everyone today I scored a matched set of Zenith Allegro Speakers Model MC3000 and I got them for $5 a piece ($10 altogether I know its weird that they were selling a matched set of speakers seperately but that's the way the Goodwill's where I live work). Anyways the specs on the speakers...
  13. captainclock

Vintage Bose Speakers found today at Goodwill

Hello everyone, today I had found in the salvage bin at work (Goodwill) as complete set of Bose 501 Series IV speakers that were a little rough cabinet wise (the grill cloth was slightly damaged and the back of the speaker cabinet has a little chip out of it) but otherwise they are in decent...
  14. captainclock

1975 Sony HP-810 Stereo System, Need Help getting the turntable up and running again

Hello everyone today I just got from my landlord his old Sony HP-810 Stereo System that he bought brand new back in 1975 and its complete with its original speakers and everything. Anyways the Dual 1211 Turntable was damaged by my landlord's kids when they were younger and I was wondering how...
  15. captainclock

1988 Fisher Model RS-913A AM/FM Stereo Receiver

Hello Everyone, Yesterday at work (Goodwill) I had bought off of the salvage pile a 1988 Fisher model RS-913A Stereo Receiver for $2 and some change after my employee discount. When I got it home I hooked it up to my large Fisher Speakers and sure enough it still worked except for the up tuning...
  16. captainclock

B.I.C. Venturi Speakers, Are they any good?

Hello, a friend of mine just recently was given a pair of B.I.C. Venturi Speakers by a friend of his who had also given him an early 1980s vintage Dual Turntable with an Ortofon cartridge installed on it, anyways I'm wondering and asking you guys for my friend whether or not these speakers are...
  17. captainclock

Found a Sansui FR-D35 Turntable today at the Salvation Army

Hello everyone today I was making my rounds at the local thriftstores and I found at the local Salvation Army a Sansui FR-D35 turntable today for $11 and it was in pretty decent shape yet except for the dust cover being cracked and it even had its original Sansui SC-50 Cartridge intact yet minus...
  18. captainclock

Picked up a Sherwood S-7025 Stereo Receiver today and need some help getting it up to snuff

Hello everyone today I picked up from the Goodwill salvage bin a pretty nice Sherwood S-7025 Stereo Receiver that seems to have a hum to it, and not sure why, although after taking it apart and checking it out I noticed that there was a large 2200 MFD 50V Capacitor that was mounted ontop of the...
  19. captainclock

1980s vintage portable CD player not reading discs

Hello everyone the other day I had found at goodwill a mid 1980s vintage Seiko Instruments Inc. Portable CD Player that had RCA Outputs for the Aux Out hookups for hooking it to a home stereo, and a 3 position Dynamic Bass Boost Sound (DBBS), and a 9 Volt power supply hookup on the back and...
  20. captainclock

Polk Monitors Spotted at Goodwill

Hello everyone today when I was making my rounds through the store setting out some stuff from one of the lowboys I happened to spot a pair of Polk Monitors on the bottom shelf of the electronics section of the store and they looked like they were in pretty decent shape yet except that one of...
  21. captainclock

1960s? Allied/Knight Headphones Model KN 867 Found at Goodwill today!

Hello everyone today at work I found on the floor in a box of micellaneous stuff a set of Allied/Knight Supreme Stereo Headset Model KN 867 for $3 and some change and I think that these headphones might of been my find for the day because when I got them hooked up and tried them out with my...
  22. captainclock

1960s vintage Utah 3-Way Acoustic Suspension Speakers, Need some info on them

Hello Everyone a couple of years ago I had found at the local Salvation Army for $3 and some change a set of 1960s vintage Utah 3-way Acoustic Suspension Speakers, which when I went to look them up online I couldn't find any info about them (like a model number or an exact year of manufacture or...
  23. captainclock

Fisher Model 4112 3-Way Speakers found at Goodwill today

Hello everyone today I found at Goodwill a set of Fisher Model 4112 3-way Speakers for $5 a piece (they weren't being sold as a set) and with my 25% employee discount ended up being about $3 and some change a piece. anyways they're in pretty good shape yet except for one of the speakers wire...
  24. captainclock

Doing a Persuasive Speech for a Public Speaking Class at school, Topic: Vinyl vs. CDs, Thoughts?

Hello everyone, I have a Persuasive Speech coming up in a public speaking class I'm taking and I was going to do it on why Vinyl is better than CDs audio wise and I need some good sources for this topic and was wondering if any of you guys on here might have some information on here or might...
  25. captainclock

Scott Stereo Receiver Model R-337 picked up from Goodwill salvage pile

Hello everyone a few weeks back I had found in the Goodwill salvage bin a Scott Stereo Receiver model R-337 that was somewhat damaged from being thrown into the donation bin outside the store, the unit still works but the backlights for the tuner dial and the tuning meters don't work because all...
Back
Top Bottom