Search results

1. Garven

Jico canada.

Yes, they're serving the Canadian market by selling the same product at higher prices! Both LPTunes and LPGear serve the Canadian market. I bought at LPGear a couple of times until discovering LPTunes, which had the same Jico products only with better prices. It's the same owner for all three...
  2. Garven

Jico canada.

Jico Canada isn't really a Canadian site. It looks to be just a website put up by the owner of LPtunes/LPgear. If you check the contact info for all three they're all in Henderson, Nevada! Plus, a site pretending to be in Canada and for Canadians would advertise free shipping across the top of...
  3. Garven

Audio Technica LP120 TT?

+2
  4. Garven

Storing a spare stylus - how long and best conditions?

I've picked up a couple of spare styli while they were still available (AT150MLX, AT440MLb) and I also have some others I have but don't use frequently (M97xVL, M97VL, M44GX-SAS). I'm wondering how long these can sit around in storage before they start suffering from the typical problems I read...
  5. Garven

Shure styli that fit a Paradox Pulse-modded SC35C

I have a couple of Shure cartridges to which I added the Paradox Pulse aluminum body, an SC35C and an M35X. I've enjoyed using different styli with these so far (SC35C, M35X, Jico N44GX-SAS, M97VL, M97x-SAS). I also have an EVG N95ED and LPGear N95VL that will only fit if I remove their stylus...
  6. Garven

Anyone tried a Jico VN5xMR SAS stylus on an M97xE ?

thanks. I hadn't thought of that. I just tried a generic EVG M95 stylus on my 97x and it fits just fine. Actually sounds pretty good too, certainly better than the stock N97xE! That means I could pick up a Jico N95HE stylus for the same $96 price. I like having a stylus guard.
  7. Garven

Yes I've read that, but my experience with the two SAS styli I own is that they are quite different on the same rebodied SC35. Granted they are not both for "x" series Shure carts (one if for the M44GX/SC35C/M35X series and the other for the M97x). This seems to suggest that Jico modifies...
  8. Garven

Thanks for the reply. the $130 VN5xMR stylus on turntableneedles is actually a hyper-elliptical, possibly a Jico. However, I've seen statements around the net that Jico does not recognize ttn as an official vendor and so we don't really know for sure. I have the LPGear VL for the M97x and it's...
  9. Garven

I know Jico makes three SAS models specifically for the Shure M97xE but I'm curious about trying one of their VN5xMR SAS styli. I have a neoSAS for my M97xE and love it so I'm considering picking up another one. However, I'd like to pick up the VN5xMR version as I occasionally see V15VxMRs for...
  10. Garven

JICO/EVG--What's Up?

I got a second reply from Rome at LPGear that seems to indicate LP Tunes will have the full JICO line whereas LPGear will sell only the SAS styli. 12:39 EDT: Message edited to remove ridiculous autocorrect manglings by my telephone before I ingested enough coffee to notice them! :)
  11. Garven

JICO/EVG--What's Up?

I did. Wrote LPGear this morning (ive deal twith them several times but never LPTunes. Rome replied this afternoon with what looked like a form letter talking about LPGear always providing the best styli but I should contact LPTunes about Jico. Ironically, in comparing the two sites, LPGear...
  12. Garven

JICO/EVG--What's Up?

This sucks for those in the Americas who want SAS models not carried by LPGear. For example, I've got an SAS version of the N44GX that fits my M35X and SC35C cartridges. It sounds incredible. They also made an SAS for the SC35C. In fact, I seem to remember seeing quite a few SAS styli on the...
  13. Garven

JICO/EVG--What's Up?

What irks me abou tJico is they keep sending out the same form letter. I wrote them in December when I missed ordering one of the low-priced SAS styli by ONE DAY! I got the stanrd reply everyone is getting. I wrote them again at the end of January. Same answer word for word. Again at the end of...
  14. Garven

Jico SAS for Ortofon, why not?

Just curious if anyone has ever seen any mention of why Jico doesn't make any SAS styli for Ortofon cartridges. I've often read speculation that they have some sort of agreement not to produce SAS styli for AT cartridges since they source the SAS styli from Namiki, which also makes the AT...
  15. Garven

Audio Technica Phasing Out AT150MLX?

You can still find the ATN150MLX stylus around online, so if you like the MLX, stock up. I ordered one a couple of months ago from Thakker.eu.
  16. Garven

Audio Technica Phasing Out AT150MLX?

The VMN40ML
  17. Garven

That “Shure sound”, does a V15 sound significantly different from other Shures?

It's not really the Ortofon sound for any of their MM's that I've tried (OM5, OM20, OM40, 2M Bronze, 2M Black). If anything their MM sound is a bit tipped up in the upper mids the 2m Black was a bit less so but then it's very unforgiving of anything but a well pressed LP in good shape. I also...
  18. Garven

I never thought so, but I've seen several folks make that claim based on identical specs. They certainly sound different to me. for example, yesterday evening I compared a Vivid Line stylus for the M95ED on both the M95 and M97x cartridges. On the M95 is was ok but kind of bland sounding; on the...
  19. Garven

The AT 100-200pF recommendation is definitely problematic for most since the tonearm wiring and interconnect will add at least 100pF right off the bat. Anyway. I'm surprised with how much better the 150 sounds with 21k/500pF (plus wiring pF). It's still slightly tipped up in the treble but...
  20. Garven

Just curious, what exactly do you trim? I've also thought of getting the Jico He for the V15xMR. They seem to have removed it from their web site as they have with the SAS styli, but I did write them about the SAS and they replied that it's only temporary while they clear up the backlog of...
  21. Garven

Yes I read with interest daloum's posts. In fact, I recently applied his recommendations for loading a V15x with 20+k and 600+pF to my M97x to see what kind of results I got and with my SAS-Sapphire stylus the response comparing the Analog Productions Test LP pink noise to a generated pink noise...
  22. Garven

Shure M35X.......RIP

I seem to recall reading that only the V15s had a laminated core (malden's reply confirms the SC35C does not). I have two NSOS (New Sorta Old Stock ;) SC35Cs I bought last year when I discovered them at a local electronic parts store. They were made in Mexico but seemingly just after Shure moved...
  23. Garven

I could start separate threads for the following questions but since this thread has the attention of some folks with Shure knowledge/experience, I'll ask them here. I have an M97xE and an M95ED. From what I've been reading around the net and comparing specs, it seems these are basically the...
  24. Garven

Your post is welcome as I can finally get around to asking what I've been curious about for awhile. Does the Era IV-style M97 stylus fit the M97xE without having to modify it? The look of those older styli and the copies by Jico and others is different with the lettered section of the stylus...
  25. Garven

(I see the options for a poll so I add one while posting) I’ve been curious for awhile about the famous “Shure sound” I read so much about. I have a turntable with removable headshell so I’ve been gradually checking out various Shure models without dropping much cash. I started with the SC35C...
Back
Top Bottom